Thinking of a diet ?

I am trying to lose 40 pounds and I found a great site, (Deleted Link) I like it because it's not pushing a diet plan on me or trying to sell something.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

How to Start Losing Weight

==========================

* First, I want you to forget everything that has happened so far. Forget about your dieting failures, forget about any recent weight gain you might have experienced, forget about your fat tummy or thighs and give yourself a clean sheet. I know this is easier said than done, but it's very important if you want to lose weight and take back control of your life.

* Second, I want you to stop trying to be the "perfect dieter". No one is perfect when it comes to dieting and losing weight - not me, not you - no one! So you are going to make mistakes. You may crash in the first week. You may go on a huge eating binge in the second week. You may not do a single minute of physical exercise in week 3. It doesn't matter. Why not? Because when (not if) these things happen, you are gonna start over. And eventually you will get it right and achieve all your weight loss goals. Trust me.

* Third, don't "wait" to have a bad day or bad week on your diet. Instead, you are gonna plan for it. You are going to assume that your weight loss program goes up in smoke and you are going to have an "action-plan" to help you recover and start losing weight again. So sit down and plan what to do.

Maybe arrange to phone a close friend for support. Or decide to take a long walk. Or clean out your garden shed. It doesn't matter what you choose, as long as you have a program of action organised. Because when your diet plan flies out the window, you are gonna feel REAL guilty and start eating lots of calories. By having a specific plan to fall back on, you will overcome your temporary dieting problem and return to your weight loss plan.

* Fourth, I want you to stop thinking that dieting is a pain in the butt. The truth is, a healthy weight loss diet is not boring, or painful or uncomfortable. It is your passport to a new life. It is going to open up wonderful opportunities for you. The only thing that is boring, painful and uncomfortable is staying overweight. But you are gonna change all this. You are going to follow a healthy diet and lose weight and enjoy every moment.

• 3 months later...

Hi ,

If you are looking for a weight loss diet, there are lots of weight loss programs to choose from. There are starvation diets, fad diets and diet pill supplements. It may seem easy to loose pounds and body fat in days or weeks.

Check this web site for more info (promotional link removed)

The hard part of dieting has nothing to do with food....its exercise...get into a regular exercise habit....yes it has to become a habit...you may not like it.. i dont... but you do it anyway. I like my food and beer and wine so i exercise so i can eat the food i like...if i stop exercising Ill get fat..and quick..so eating the food I like is my incentive to exercise as well as looking good and fitting my clothes properly. dieting works but is really hard on its own long term..it dosnt exercise the heart, it dosnt shape muscle, it dosnt relieve stress or make you feel fit...so number 1, get a daily...yes daily... exercise regime going....then make the compromises in your diet eg i have an average breakfast(2 eggs on toast) but skimp on lunch so i can have a few beers and a bigger dinner...and i sit in front of a computer all day...but every lunchtime...without fail, Im at the gym for 45 minutes...and its a workout not a chitchat and play around....then eat my lunch at my desk afterwards....sometimes, maybe 3x a week Ill go for a 30-45 minute walk after work as well....you have to make weightloss fit into your lifestyle...its hard to deny the things you enjoy isnt it...especially as you get older..its a constant balancing act but you have to do it....no point in having great hair and a huge ugly stomach..the key is making exercise a habit...good luck.

• 4 weeks later...

I would say, to lose weight you need a good diet plan and if you back it up with some exercise, the results will be better. I do jogging and I've been following the Bistro MD diet plan. It is a low calorie diet plan prepared by nutrition experts and recommended by Dr. Phil. It works really well for me.

• 4 months later...

I came to this site to figure out how to stop my receding hairline. However, I have a lot of experience with working out and losing weight. There is a lot of BS "miracle diet plans" out there which are impossible to abide by. Here are a couple general tips that will help you lose weight:

- Don't eat large meals. So many people want to sit down at dinner and eat a huge meal. This is horrible for you. Your body can only digest so much nutrients and calories in one sitting, the rest of the calories will not be efficiently used and turn to fat. Eat many small meals throughout the day. For example, eat some cereal with fruit for breakfast, have an apple for a mid morning snack, then one healthy sandwich for lunch, then a can of tuna around 2 PM, then maybe another sandwich for an afternoon snack. As you approach the evening, stick to low carb foods, such as a chicken breast for dinner and protein shack right before bed. This diet does a few things:

1. Eating constantly throughout the day keeps your metabolism running, thus burning calories and avoiding sugar highs, overeating/digestion fatigue/sleepy periods, etc.

2. Stops you from going to bed with a bunch of carbohydrates in your stomach, which turn to fat overnight since they are not being used.

- Eat healthy whole foods. Stay away from processed foods, especially canned or frozen foods. This food is junk. If you are on the move and need to "eat out", go to a subway instead of a Wendys. It may be hard at first, but eventually your body will get used to it. Now if I eat at a fast food joint, my body isnt used to it and I usually feel sick to my stomach and almost throw up after eating that fast food junk.

- Stay active. For some, this means going to the gym twice a day. For others, it means talking the dog out for a walk twice a day and maybe taking a walk at the local park for lunch. Also take up some hobbies, such as biking, hiking, etc, which require you to be active in something you enjoy. Once again, this targets your metabolism and keeps your body burning calories all day. In addition, it keeps your overall energy level high throughout the entire day.

- Vegetables are worthless. Eat fruit instead, there are a lot of good nutrients and vitamins in fruit.... plus they usually taste good.

Overall - keep your metabolism running steady and keep the carbo intake low.

Good Luck

Chris

• 1 month later...

Ive been meaning to reply to this....

so vegetables are worthless....good, glad a big mac or KFC dosnt have any or I wouldnt eat it....no point then huh!! and a can of tuna at 2pm...can i substitute that for a fish pie...

look the whole diet / exercise thing has to take into account the human factor....thats YOU....your personality, your motivation, your personal circumstances and work routine and family commitments, your food likes and dislikes and your exercise likes and dislikes.

Its no good saying eat 6 small meals a day 5 of which include tuna in brine... when you work hard, like nice food and all you want to do after a days work is come home, have a couple beers or a wine and a good dinner...

a weightloss program cant be standardised. you have to find out what works for you. If that means skimping on some meals like breakfast so you can indulge in others like dinner so be it...I do that...works for me. It means eating the food you like but deciding which meals to cut back on. Then you can do it long term. otherwise you give up after a couple months. but heres the bottom line....

you need to exercise. i dont care if its sex 10 times a day for 6 minutes a go....thats 60 minutes a time if youre on top....lol....trick is finding 10 different girls so you stand a chance...lol....but you need to exercise not just for weightloss but the health of your heart and for overall enjoyment of life for the other 23 hours....hang on...if its sex for 60 minutes you get 24 hours enjoyment of life :-)

exercise speeds your metabolism and burns calories so you have to make it important....becz it IS!!! try to do it daily but no less than every second day......ok...walk, jog , gym, sex, wrestle with your wife, box with your son...theres times i would have loved to do that !!!...lol, i dont care just do it!!..thats it from me...cheers

sunny

While I agree that you have to fine tune your eating habits to accomodate what works for you, there is framework that should be followed. It's very simple:

Count calories - You have to be able to know your intake vs your output to know how to achieve you goal. This includes your days for your exercise routine and rest days. Too much of a calorie deficit will force you to lose weight but not keep it off for the long haul. To much surplus will obviously promote weight gain. I think that a 300 cal. deficit is a good cutting deficit to ensure that you don't lost too much muscle while trying to lose weight.

Eat a balanced diet - approximately 40% protein, 40% carbs and 20% good fats (omega 3s etc). Little to no saturated or trans fats.

Small meals a day - this definately has an effect on metabolism. It has been scientifically proven to speed it up.

The ultimate measurement is your BMI. If you lowering your body fat and increasing strength/size, you are on the right track (for lifters).

BTW, vegetables are not worthless.

• 3 years later...

It's a good thread to discuss about the health and fitness matters.

Here you can get help about the better diet plan for the weight loss.

You should take more raw and natural foods in your diet rather than junk and processed foods to lose your weight naturally.

Edited by David - TakingThePlunge

• 1 year later...

First of all if you want to loss your weight, make a diet chart. You must consult with doctor. You have mention that you want to loss 40 pounds. In how many days you want to loss 40 pounds? I think you should take at least 3-4 months.

• 2 months later...
Ive been meaning to reply to this....

so vegetables are worthless....good, glad a big mac or KFC dosnt have any or I wouldnt eat it....no point then huh!! and a can of tuna at 2pm...can i substitute that for a fish pie...

sunny

Hi, Sunny

i hope that you are fine, i got your point

what you said in the post, and i just want to say you are amazing

thanks for sharing such a useful info

very nice buddy