Strip and / or Ultra

Maybe I haven't done enough research but I think I have figured out the general difference. Can you combine the two to save money and if you do how can I expect to look.

Is this the difference between a Bosley and a 90210 surgeon?

Also at age 57 I may not need a full head of hair like you young bucks, so can you get a thinning look to appear natural?

Maybe I haven't done enough research but I think I have figured out the general difference. Can you combine the two to save money and if you do how can I expect to look.

Is this the difference between a Bosley and a 90210 surgeon?

Also at age 57 I may not need a full head of hair like you young bucks, so can you get a thinning look to appear natural?

Welcome Jim,

Is there a difference between a Yugo and a Ferrari? Catch my drift. There is a huge differnce between physicians. Stay completely away from Bosley. You very likely will not get the results that are natural. Keep in mind however that just because the doc might have a 90210 address does not guarentee anything either. HT is a specialty of which there are only approx. 30 very good physicians in the world. To start with look into Coalition physicians listed on this site. They have a proven track record and have been inspected by site moderator.

Yes you can get a HT that is not a full looking head of hair of a 20 yr old and actually you are probably better off waiting as late in life as possible because there is no mystery as to future hairloss. There will probably be no problem getting a natural look for your age. To start with you should try to post photos so that we can better give you some advise. You don't have to show your face.

Check out some of the photos on hair transplant network site and look at posts by member Gorpy. He is 47 and has been given an awesome HT that suits his age.

Good luck and feel free to ask more questions. Oh by the way I didn't understand your 1st question about combining the 2 to save money??? Can you elaborate.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Welcome to the forum,

NN gave you great advice.

- Are you taking any kind of Finasteride/Dutasteride or Minoxidil? If so which one, brand, generic?

- Take pictures of you hair, top, front, back and sides and post them here in the photo album section, you'll get a lot of expert advice. For the best way to take pics go to:

http://www.hairtransplantmentor.com/hair-loss-photo-tips.htm

It sounds like you may be confused between strip and Ultra Refined, we are not understanding your question.

Research, read, learn as much as you can on this forum and on the Multimedia Hair Loss Learning Center:

http://www.hairlosslearningcenter.org/

We are looking forward to more of your details so we can be more helpful.

I think he is referring to ultra-refined follicular unit grafting combined with mini and micro-grafts.

If that is indeed your question, the answer is both yes and no.

Yes, these two methods can be combined to create very nice coverage.

No, to the fact that you will be saving any money by combining the two.

The hair transplant industry is a bit of an enigma because the BEST Docs are also the best priced.

You should expect to pay 3.50-4.50 per graft for the first 2000 grafts and 2.00 to 3.00 per graft thereafter.

With this pricing schedule, you can get an ultra refined HT, so there is no real need to try and lower your expectations or level of service.

If price is your main priority but you do not want to sacrifice quality, Dr. Rahal and Dr. Feller are both Coalition Docs who are among the most reasonably priced HT Docs in the Western Hemisphere.

I would check them out.

I hope this helps you out and I hope I have read your request correctly.

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Not a stupid question Barca---- Many very high quality HT Docs use what is called a refined minigraft (3-5 hairs) in certain portions of the scalp because they give more density than a 1 or 2 hair graft. In addition, when several 1-2 hair grafts are surrounding these grafts the actual density achieved is greater than if all 1-2 hair grafts were used.

For example-- a sq cm is transplanted using 35 1-2 hair grafts (20 2-hair grafts and 15 1-hair grafts) for a rough hair density of 55 hairs.

Enter the refined mini's--- the same 35 fu's are transplanted, with the exception that 10 3-4 hair grafts were used, in conjuction with 10- 1's and 10 2's--- you would still have a density of 35 fu's cm/2, but the hair density would be 65 hairs. (5-3hair, 5-4hair, 10-2hair, 10-1hair grafts)

Same "density" (35 fu's cm/2) but one has 55 hairs the other 65. Of course, this is a crude example but you get the idea icon_smile.gif

This is NOT in the hairline/transition zone. Most of those should be 1's and 2's.

The idea is more hair more coverage--- the idea also goes into proper donor management as well.

Please understand-- these mini grafts are NOT the same ones that require gigantic incisions.

Anyway, I think this is what is being asked, but I could be wrong by our Irish brother, but I could be wrong!!!!

Later

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.