Confused with which Doctor to select

chubbs

I have finally made the decision to try out Hair transplant and i live in Texas close to Houston. I have seen that there only 3 docs in Texas and one of them is in Houston: Dr. Barrera.

I need help with anybody who has had experience with Dr. Barrera.

Can anybody please recommend a "good" restoration surgeon in TX or neighboring states with "consistent" results.

Any comments appreciated

I have finally made the decision to try out Hair transplant and i live in Texas close to Houston. I have seen that there only 3 docs in Texas and one of them is in Houston: Dr. Barrera.

I need help with anybody who has had experience with Dr. Barrera.

Can anybody please recommend a "good" restoration surgeon in TX or neighboring states with "consistent" results.

Any comments appreciated

There are lots of doctors in Texas who are full time hair transplant surgeons, its the primary function of their practice, always seek them before a general plastic surgeon who does tummy tucks one day and strip surgery the next as the exclusively hair oriented physician will be more experienced.

Depending where you live I am not uncomfortable having you consult with the following three Texas doctors as i think they are ethical and all share the same board certifications and consumer advocacy vetting by IAHRS, a consumer watchdog organization that is very particular, some doctors that are on this forum aren't even in it and this forum is particular as well.

In Houston Dr. Berardo Arocha has an MHR fellowship background and a private practice in River Oaks and Dallas. He's definitely the most expensive quality physician in Texas but the other two are not inferior to him.

Your other options are to drive to Austin to meet Dr. Dan McGrath who is a hair transplant patient himself , he too was a surgeon at MHR in San Francisco and Newport Beach for many years, he is more conservative in his graft estimates than Arocha and a dollar less per graft.

If you chose to go to San Antonio you'll find Dr.Limmer who is by far the most tenured hair restoration surgeon in the state, at least that hasn't garnered a bad reputation, he's conservative in his approach but very experienced and a slightly less than even McGrath.

So depending what you need it may be more budget conscious to go to Austin or San Antonio, I recommend you consult with all three, i have, still haven't made up my mind but those are the best three options in the state.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

Speegs,

I'm not sure if you are aware, but at the Hair Transplant Networ, we only recommend surgeons that are proven to provide consistent quality results.

Dr. Limmer and Dr. Arocha are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

To see our high standards for recommendation and the Coalition, click here.

Dr. Barrera is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network.

Chubbs,

In my opinion, there are some excellent doctors in Texas as I've mentioned above. Be sure to spend time researching all physicianis you are considering.

To see a list of all surgeons we recommend by location, click here.

Best wishes,

Bill

I've never met a patient of Dr. Barrera but i know he is very pricey.

That and the fact there are less expensive and just as good if not better options in state and out would be reason enough to research further in my opinion.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Microscopic_slivers:

Did you all know that Dr. Arocha is offering a $4. per FU graft special in appreciation for his induction into the Coalition.

YIPPIE!!!! that settles this thread i guess.................

*** RESULTS WILL 100%, without a DOUBT, VARY***