Dr. Richard Keller or Dr. Raymond Koinor ?

INeedHairtoo

Hi all... I am considering HT in Chicago area. There are 2 notable doctors Dr. Raymond Koinor and Dr. Richard Keller.

I am trying to choose the best doctor. can anyone help me? Who do you recommend? I see a lot of recommendations for Dr. Koinor there aren't many for Dr. Keller apart from the moderators recommendation to see Dr. Keller. Any real patients ?

The wait time for initial consultation at Dr. Koinor is in months. I could get an appointment next week with Dr. Keller. While I understand that wait time is not the only thing to consider while choosing the doctor, I fee its an indication of how good a doctor is. Can I hear from someone who has been to Dr. Keller and their experiences ? I travel a lot and want to go through a HT soon while working from home this quarter.

Thanks for your thoughts.

INeedHairtoo,

There is another doctor that has been performing Hair Transplants in the Chicago Market for the last 14 years and is also recommended by the Hair transplant Network.

Dr. Vladimir Panine at Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic. Feel free to give the office a call and set up a consultation. He does all the state of the art procedures (follicular unit transplantation) and I think you will be very impressed with his work.

I am employed as the patient coordinator and office manager for Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic. Feel free to ask me any questions.

Dr. Panine is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be interperted as medical advice

While i don't much about Dr. Keller, I can certainly tell you about Dr. Konior. I am a patient of his, had a 2nd HT 5 months ago, (the first was with a local Dr.), so far I am very happy with the results, I had around 2000 fu placed in the frontal third, without shaving, and it was totally undetectable 3 days later, I'm not kidding. His staff is very dedicated, and Dr. K does most if not all of the graft placements himself. His surgical room is very state of the art and professional. He treats a HT like it is major surgery, cuts no corners, very meticulous! Check him out, I think you will be very surprised...

Just a thought from the peanut gallery...

I've seen some impressive results from Panine, Keller, and Konior. But Dr. Konior has been the most consistent and transparent with his documentation. He runs a first class clinic. But feel free to consult with all three.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Dr. Konior is in that top tier of physicians that just blows your mind with his results. I'm not a huge fan of what I've seen from Dr. Keller, but to each his own. Dr. Panine has been posting some very impressive results lately, but he would have to continue doing that for a while before I would consider him on Dr. Konior's level.

I think you should consult with both. I am partial to Dr. Konior having seen his work, spoken to his patients and spoken to Dr. K himself. That is just my personal opinion, so I want to be clear on that.

This is to take nothing away from the other doctors as I am sure they do fine work.

Again, I suggest you consult with both clinics, even if it means waiting a bit. Waiting is NEVER a bad thing. You can then make a proper decision on which doctor can meet your needs.

Take Care,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Dr. Konior is my personal choice after viewing plenty of photos from Keller, Panine and Konior.

I actually put Dr. Konior in my top 5 in the world!

I too had to wait a few months to have a consultation. Try e-mailing him photos. His response was lightning quick and very detailed when I sent him photos.

I had a HT with Dr. Konior earlier this year. I was skeptical of this HT stuff but after paying for 2500 grafts and receiving 2800, seeing nothing for 3.5 mos and then unbelievably good results right after that, I'm a believer in Dr. Konior. He placed most or all of the grafts himself and the procedure was painless. The recovery in the first week was more than I anticipated but I was back to work after 2 weeks and no one could tell anything (no hat - nuthin). Not even my close friends could tell. He does responded immediately to email.

I've been quite amused to get the wandering eyes to my hairline but these days it's because I have hair and things look dramatically better. People are confused and have no idea what I'm doing differently. I still need work in my crown, but the first HT with Dr. Konior made such a dramatic improvement that I could forego a second HT and be perfectly happy. If I can save my rubles, I'll probably go do a second one though. Anyway, I got nothing but good things to say about Dr. Konior and his staff.

• 3 weeks later...

I have had a procedure with Dr. Raymond Konior in June of 2009 -- he is the third doctor with which I have had hair transplants done and let me tell you I have some regrets . . . that I didn't find Dr. Konior SOONER!!! He is a TOTAL pro, very professional and supremely knowledgeable. My hair is still coming in but so far I am pleased with the results.

He is pricier than the other surgeons out there (most of whom should NOT be doing transplants in the first place) but he is worth EVERY penny. My previous two surgeons spent a maximum of 2.5 hours during my procedures. Dr. Konior spent 12 (yes TWELVE) hours making sure everything was PERFECT. He is simply sublime and you really can't ask for a better hair transplant surgeon.

He is also a really nice guy, always willing to ask ANY questions you might have and does his best to explain what he can (and cannot do). He is not the snakeoil salesman a lot of other doctors are (side note: NEVER EVER have a hair transplant done with one of those national chains -- you will NOT like the results or the process!)

I don't know anything about the other doctors you mentioned, but I tell anyone who asks that Dr. Konior is as good as it gets. PERIOD. His office staff (including the manager Tom) are all REALLY nice and never pushy or rude.

Hope this helps!

Glad you had such a positive experience with Dr. Konior tarikali.

Dr. Konior is certainly doing excellent work.

It is always nice to hear the good experiences...I hope you will have time to post a photo or two along the way?

Take Care,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

I dont know anything about the other doctors mentioned but had a session with Dr. Konior and he did a fantastic job.

If I were Dr. Panine or Dr. Keller I would be trying desperately to get some forum members to my clinic where I could then have some of the membership vouch for the work. I'm surprised they dont offer a discount "if you heard about us from the HTN".....(hint hint) icon_wink.gif

I agree, wylie; at least in principle. Just given the dynamics already in play, it'd def behoove Dr. Panine, particularly, to try to get some HTN-original patients. A doctor and clinic can only do so much to expedite the process; and time alone consisted of high quality results and involvement can certainly do the trick.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!