I am Selling Generic Finasteride

LondonGuyGraftKing

Dear Sirs,

I have had two transplants, one with Dr. May in London and the second a year ago with Dr. Ron Shapiro who is the best Doc there is!! I am more than happy with my results!

I use Proscar to help slow down the balding process. On a recent holiay (Dec 2003), I had my parents by me a product called Fincar. This is made by a company called Cipla and is supposed to do the same thing as Proscar and Propecia. It was significantly cheaper than my proscar so they bought about 30 strips of 10 tables of 5 mg each. I am looking to sell the remaining 20 to someone who is happy using this product and has consulted a Dr. I am selling these primarily because I get acne from use, this which I don't from Proscar. Secondly, the expiry date is in Summer 06. I am not a 'dealer' or anything of the sort, just have these as a surplus.

Can I stress that you ensure that you are suited to this medication before purchase. I have been going through the pain of hairloss for six years, so know what it's like. SO..make sure you know yourself and what you are taking.

Take Care and Happy Follicles!

San

Dear Sirs,

I have had two transplants, one with Dr. May in London and the second a year ago with Dr. Ron Shapiro who is the best Doc there is!! I am more than happy with my results!

I use Proscar to help slow down the balding process. On a recent holiay (Dec 2003), I had my parents by me a product called Fincar. This is made by a company called Cipla and is supposed to do the same thing as Proscar and Propecia. It was significantly cheaper than my proscar so they bought about 30 strips of 10 tables of 5 mg each. I am looking to sell the remaining 20 to someone who is happy using this product and has consulted a Dr. I am selling these primarily because I get acne from use, this which I don't from Proscar. Secondly, the expiry date is in Summer 06. I am not a 'dealer' or anything of the sort, just have these as a surplus.

Can I stress that you ensure that you are suited to this medication before purchase. I have been going through the pain of hairloss for six years, so know what it's like. SO..make sure you know yourself and what you are taking.

Take Care and Happy Follicles!

San

• 2 weeks later...

Inappropriate or not, I would never take generics like Fincar, Finpecia and other "Made in India" or "Made in South America" products. I think it is our (sadly missed) friend Rugger who first mentioned the scam. Basically the content is not what it says on the box and their actual effect is nowhere near what you get with the real stuff. Drugs are like HTs: get them on the cheap and live to regret it.

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day

I think that LondonGuyGraftKing's own post coupled with Hairworthy's clarification helps to confirm JacobS comment about appropriateness:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I am selling these primarily because I get acne from use, this which I don't from Proscar.

Acne?!?

Well, I guess even if you factored in a 3-month supply of Clearisil to control your zits, you'd still save a ton of money by using a generic! Hell - you might even prevent some hair loss!! Clear complexion + hair = sounds like an awesome deal! Thanks LondonGuyGraftKing!!!

Apologizing in advance for the sarcasm.

FS

I have absolutely no doubt that the Indian companies Cipla and Dr. Reddy's produce medicines to the same standard and quality as any American/European company.

I (and many of my friends) have stopped my hairloss using finasteride and dutasteride and I (we) have never used anything other than Indian generic versions. I cannot comment on generic medicines from other countries.

LondonGuyGraftKing, in my view, has been forthright in his post in recommending this medication only to someone who has has received Doctor's advice.

Selfishly, I am glad some people are sceptical of generics and only purchase the original brand. This insures research and development is continued by the major companies. I, however, will continue to purchase Indian, high quality, generic products.

Hi Whoops,

Well you'll agree it's up to everyone to choose what goes into their body. In my opinion there has been enough discussion on Indian made meds to raise some legitimate concerns. To quote a saying well known in our industry "if in doubt, leave it out".

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Just out of interest - why is this inappropriate?

You work for a doctor and you need this explained to you?

Ever hear of the term "Black Market"? What do you suppose that means, if it isn't someone (not a pharmacist just a layman) buying drugs in one country and then turning around and selling them in a different country?

Ask Dr. Jones to explain it if this explanation didn't make any sense.

I would also like to know why one brand of Finasteride causes an acne breakout, but not another kind?

Hairworthy. I agree completely - it is a matter of choice. If you are at all concerned about generic medicines then DO NOT take them.

Arfy. I do not work for a Doctor. I represent a Doctor. There is a difference. But that is by the by. If you want to get over excited and condesending about a guy passing on some cheap finasteride, go ahead. I can't stop you.

My opinion, however, is that this is not an inappropriate post for the 'hair loss drugs' section of a hairloss forum. The guy explained very well why he is selling them and has twice mentioned that Doctors advice should be taken first. My opinion.

Ragards,

Whoops

Whoops

I am shell shocked by this. In order to sell/dispense medicine you need to be a licensed pharmacist, is that you? In order to authorize the pharmacist to dispense medicine you need to be a doctor to write the prescription, is that you? Why don't you call the authorities and tell them you are selling prescription medicine without a license to prescribe or dispense? I am sure they would want to talk with you.

How about better yet, as you are the representative of a HT doc, give the pills to him and let him keep them in his stock for patients I am sure he would love to do that!!!

If you have a reputable place to buy medication that is one thing, trying to sell over this forum is outrageous!!!

Well everyone is entitled to their opinion but you must realise that Indian medicines are not inferior to US medicines.They are cheaper because medicines are subsidized over there.

Cipla is a very well known company and you can check with the top doctors if there are good enough and the answer you will get is yes as I have checked up and I got that answer.

I have Generic Propecia too and I live in London so if anyone is interested let me know.

Interesting to note that, at least in this thread, all the "supporters" of India-made meds live in the UK. Maybe it's the old Commonwealth brotherhood icon_biggrin.gif

Maybe because we are not so arrogant as the american's and realise that there is a world outside the USA and are ready to accept that coutries like India are on par with European and north american coutries in medical facilities.

Scarednow,

I don't think anyone is really discounting Cipla's competence as a generic medication manufacturer. The problem is more in the many rogue distributors that prey on the uninformed on the internet. It has been proven time and again that many of the generic medications that get shipped to the U.S. are counterfeit - a huge concern when ordering.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Hi, All,

I don't know if my experience is normal or not? But no offensive to anyone. I just tell the truth.

I started to use Finpecia, the generic drug for Propecia, 20 days ago. It was made in India and sold by a company on line. However, now I noticed that my hair even losses more. A guy in another forum asked if it is true for Propecia user to lose hair for the first several months. For me, it is. I have no idea it is because of drug or because of myself.

Does any guy using drug Finpecia or Propecia have some experience?

Cheers!

Black_hole

Hi FS,

'Thanks' for the comments. I don't have time for your idle banter. I am probably going to give a load of my packets for FREE. I am just trying to avoid wastage incase these drugs suit someone.

TO ALL: I didn't realise how contraversial this whole thing was. As I said, I was just tryinh to avoid wasting these. I am now using Proscar and I am happier with the results. This is not to say that someone may prefer Fincar!?

Anyway, good luck to all with common problem we share.