Aderans buys Intercytex!!

Honestly I'm really surprised someone hasn't posted this earlier, but it seems Aderans has bought all the intellectual property that's been left of Intercytex, I can only see this as being a good thing.

Read the full press release here:

http://www.aderansresearch.com/ari_ournews.html

Aderans is my best hope at the moment, and I think it's encouraging to see that they still seem to continue to make progress after all these years, let's keep our fingers crossed!

Without a doubt I'm also really sure this is why the Aderans stock has risen up as was posted earlier.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is big news I think, so I'm suprised not many have responded here! So many were depressed when Intercytex went belly-up, but I knew there would likely be a buyout at some point.

Some felt that they went under because the technology had provd to be a failure. But this seems to prove otherwise. Why would they spend all this money to buy the Intercytex patents if they had any doubt about this stuff being for real and something they will cash in on ?

My prediction is that by 2015 this stuff will FINALLY be available. They'll grow your follicles for you in a lab, and you'll have Brad Pitts hair 6 months later after they are implanted. Baldness is soon to be a thing of the past for many who can afford it!

Honestly I really do hope you're right about this stuff being available in 2015, but of course that just goes along with the whole "in just 5 more years" shtick. I mean it gets really tough to be overly enthusiastic about this sort of thing after you've been waiting for it for so long, and I'm sure many of the forum members here, especially the older ones that have been here a while, can definitely agree with that. Nonetheless, I still haven't given up hope, but I'm just more cautious nowadays.

They definitely make some really big positive statements, but one could argue that this could be so more people buy stock into the company so they can make more money. I mean just look at this:

'Through this deal, we've been able to consolidate the majority of key patents and know-how in the hair regeneration field,

an achievement that can accelerate our ability to deliver a commercially viable product to market."

and

'This information should

substantially augment our efforts to create a viable cell-based solution for hair loss.'

One thing I'm curious about is why the stuff was only sold for $200,000. That seems to be kind of a small price for this sort of thing, but then again I remember reading that ICX-TRC didn't perform so well in tests. Aderans, I would assume, has had more practical success than intercytex if they're still continuing with their efforts, since obviously there's no point in wasting money and efforts on a treatment that won't even be commercially viable. You can read the Intercytex press release here:

http://www.intercytex.com/icx/...ses/2010/2010-03-18/

One thing I'm very curious about, is just what the hell is going on with Trichoscience, they seemed pretty legitimate and promising, but the website has been blank for a decent amount of time now. I'm curious to know if their procedure failed, if they got bought out, if they went bankrupt, or if the site really is "under construction" for some sort of much bigger anouncement that's going to take place.

I'm still sick of having to live like this, I'm sick of feeling physically inferior to the opposite sex, and I'm sick of feeling like my youth and some of my ability to captivate people has been robbed from me. I've grown to live with it and just do my best though, but it just sucks having the feeling that no matter what I do I'm gonna be second class.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry if I sounded kinda pissed and whiny, I have a bit of a history of that on this forum hah. It just sucks cause I don't really have much anywhere else to vent other than the internet.

I'm actually only about an NW2 but I'm still pretty young at 22. I can't take propecia cause it gave me side effects that have since gone away, honestly the side effects might have been psychological/psychosomatic but that's still enough reason to keep me off of it.

I sorta wish around the time I took it that I was never informed there was any chance of side effects at all, maybe then I could've avoided freaking myself out with paranoia into actually psychologically giving myself ED.

I still don't really think I'd risk going through that again.

ya I'm young too, dont wanna take propecia and get ED either.....

I think they bought them out to just make sure they don't make the same mistakes..... something like that. I dont see why intercytex would go out of business if they had anything remotely viable already

You can hope all you want for this stuff to work out, but as far as hair cloning is concerned I don't think its coming anytime soon. Quite honestly it's not that important to the world...Baldness isn't a life threatening...so therefore no one is going to throw a lot of money at it..Our best bet is on Histogen really.. and that even wont help nw6-7's...They fall better into the 5 year frame then any of this hair cloning crap... that's why I don't really get to into it..

Matt- as for you thinking that your side effects were just psychological..you're probably dead wrong. I'm sure it was the fin. I've been through it all with this drug and let me tell you, when you have the side effects, there not psychological...Being 22 myself there is no possible way that being worried about having side effects would effect your erections..You mean to tell me that if a really hot chick wanted to do it with you, you wouldn't be able to get it up.. come on... if you had sides they were real.. nothing to do with your head....of course that's how it would have been for me.. if propecia hadn't ruined my life forever..

Finhairloss- if you dont take finasteride.. then why the hell do you have the name finhairloss....?

mischelstraus-- what?

I'm sorry to hear about your sides, me personally I had them but they went away after I quit, though let me tell you it did take a long ass time after I quit, somewhere along the range of MONTHS. Best advice I can give you to help speed up regaining your sexual abilities is physical exercise, mainly the type of stuff that gets your blood flowing and your mood elevated. I'm also from chicago and since springtime is around now I would recommend going out and riding a bike and working up a sweat.. do this every day for a good amount of time and hopefully you can get better.. don't ever think you're fucked for life. Riding a bike is a very stress-relieving and healthy activity, especially if you live inside Chicago proper and not the suburbs, Lincoln Park and Grant Park are great places..

Going back on topic, hair loss is definitely important to the world and to scientists, for the simple fact that whoever solves the problem is going to be set for life as far as money goes.. as well as their great-grandchildren.

Its important in a lot of ways. Cloning hair is a step into bigger things. Also being able to regenerate/clone hair is a huge money maker that will be able to fund future cures to other ailments that people face every day.

I lift heavy weights 4-5 times a week.. don't do a whole lot of running.. maybe once a week playing basektball.. lifting heavy weights helps raise T levels..

as far as months is concerned.. i've been off it for 11 months... and im sorry if i showed any agression towards you.. I've been in a really bad mood about this lately.

Without wishing to be the harbinger of mistrust I wouldn't necessarily see Aderans' purchase of Intercytex as a big leap forward or proof of its efficacy or effectiveness.

The price they paid was $200,000. In corporate terms that is quite literally peanuts and smacks of being a corporate tactic rather than a legitimate purchase of working technology. Sometimes corporations buy things to take them off the market and grow their control.

That's not to say Intercytex isn't or couldn't work, I'm just saying Aderans probably spend more than that on floor polish every year. They've probably bought the IP because well, if there is something in it then great and, if there's nothing else in it, at least they've blocked another company taking that IP and getting ahead of the game.

My own personal belief is that Intercytex are probably on to something with their ideas but the results weren't in line with the theory. There's every chance in the future this sort of technology could work, but I think we're talking the 10> years future and not in the next five years.

The good news is that Intercytex were already at Stage II clinical trials but the bad news is the results didn't sound that great. That probably means the technology needs changing and improving and that possibly means going back to square one with the clinical trials again.

That's my 2 cents anyway! A positive move but one I think that is more 'routine' than revolutionary. If Intercytex were 5 years away from a cure for baldness it would be worth more than $200,000.

mahhong I agree with your theory.

although I think the results couldn't have been that bad, must have been enough hope in the results from phase one to launch a phase two, and such a large expansion, I think they added several new cities. Just my hope full guess

• 2 weeks later...
Aderans is my best hope at the moment, and I think it's encouraging to see that they still seem to continue to make progress after all these years, let's keep our fingers crossed!

After all these years? The very fact that you're using the phrase "all these years" shows that they haven't made anywhere near the progress that they've claimed. Face it: it's been a bust.

Without a doubt I'm also really sure this is why the Aderans stock has risen up as was posted earlier.

You think the stock has risen because it bought a failed company?

Originally posted by labrat69:

This is big news I think, so I'm suprised not many have responded here! So many were depressed when Intercytex went belly-up, but I knew there would likely be a buyout at some point.

Yeah, a buyout of worthless technology.

Some felt that they went under because the technology had provd to be a failure. But this seems to prove otherwise. Why would they spend all this money to buy the Intercytex patents if they had any doubt about this stuff being for real and something they will cash in on ?

Dude, they bought it for $200,000! Chump change! It'd be like you spending a nickel on something. It's worthless.

My prediction is that by 2015 this stuff will FINALLY be available. They'll grow your follicles for you in a lab, and you'll have Brad Pitts hair 6 months later after they are implanted. Baldness is soon to be a thing of the past for many who can afford it!

Don't do this to yourself. It's a lie, and investing hope in it will only make you more depressed. Look, I'm 32; I've been on hair forums since 2002, so I've heard it all. First, there was going to be a cure by 2005. Then Aderans came out and declared that there would be "hair multiplication" by 2007. Then 2010. Now it's 2015. Here's a bulletin: it's not happening. Not now, not in 2015, not in 2020, and most likely, not before we're very old or dead.

Originally posted by Shadow of the EMpire State:
Originally posted by labrat69:

Yeah, a buyout of worthless technology.

Dude, they bought it for $200,000! Chump change! It'd be like you spending a nickel on something. It's worthless.

Don't do this to yourself. It's a lie, and investing hope in it will only make you more depressed. Look, I'm 32; I've been on hair forums since 2002, so I've heard it all. First, there was going to be a cure by 2005. Then Aderans came out and declared that there would be "hair multiplication" by 2007. Then 2010. Now it's 2015. Here's a bulletin: it's not happening. Not now, not in 2015, not in 2020, and most likely, not before we're very old or dead.

I wouldn't necessarily agree with that. It's true that there is so much spin and media hype and plenty of people willing to be conventional with the truth; it's hard to find the real facts in amongst all the chatter and hype.

I, like you, don't really believe this treatment is going to be available in 2010. But I do think this kind of treatment is far closer now than it ever has been, and really quite close to being a working technology. I think we have to be realistic; in the formative stages it's probably going to be a fairly basic version of the intended final project; maybe a way to beef up hair transplant density or provide extra coverage in coordination with existing medical options, but I don't think what Aderans is doing is some far off distant dream.

I reckon within the next 3-5 years some infant version of this treatment will start to become available. Will it be a magic bullet? No, I very much doubt it. But if it offers a chance of letting people put 10,000 extra hairs on their head in combination with HT then that's going to be massively beneficial.

It's true that we've been waiting and waiting and there have been delays in the last ten years, but we're at the edge of something now. It's not something that's going to go from trials to market in 12 months, but nevertheless we're at a point now where this sort of technology is starting to be able to do what it says it can do.