update 3.5 months on necrotic area !

Mr.Nk

its been 3.5 months and im still undergoing healing process !! My doc said it will disappear by the end of march .. but i dont see this healing even by the end of April !!

1st picture shows areas of no hair growth and second one is the latest as of today !

just hoping the rest of the hair covers this area soon ... as the hair are growing now n its covering the area of no growth !

not at all excited about the hair growth as everyone gets in the 4rth month ..i just wanna heal .. can any doctor here tell by the pic how long do i have to wait more ??

update.thumb.JPG.b54d97c66292bc6bf856058bbdc9eeec.JPG

I was raised in AZ, blonde, so I've had my share of skin cancers. If I were you I'd get that checked out my a doctor who knows basal cell carcinomas when he sees them. I'm just saying.

I'm not a doctor, just a student of certain skin eruptions.

Mr. Nk,

I would make an appointment to see a dermatologist soon. This infection isn't something you should ignore, especially since it is reoccurring.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

For anyone who's interested in reading the original topic and Dr. Mohmand's response, visit "Anyone Experiencing Necrosis like Mine?.

Mr.Nk,

I know that Dr. Mohmand wasn't originally worried about it. However, given that it appears to be ongoing and has gotten worse in the last month, I'd check with him to see if an antibotic would help. While I'm not a doctor, your last picture would indicate to me that it's possibly infected.

As for how long it will last, it's difficult to tell. Have you contacted Dr. Mohmand about this recently? What has he said?

It's also highly possible that any hair that was transplanted in that area won't grow. However, I know Dr. Mohmand said he'd replace any hair that doesn't grow free of charge.

I just sent an email to Dr. Mohmand with your concerns and expect that he'll respond and contact you privately to go over treatment options. I genuinely hope you heal up quickly. Please talk to your doctor ASAP and keep us posted.

Best wishes,

Bill

i met Dr.Humayun in the mid of march and he said its fine ... and i really dont wanna bother him again and again after every 15-20 days ..

i know this thing is not infected as it is not showing any signs of it .. this is granulation tissue and it takes time but i dont know how much more time its gonna take !!

he told me that he had another patient like this but it was twice the size as mine and it took him 4-5 months to heal so i was just hoping this shouldv gone by now ..

so thats why i didnt see a dermatologist ..

If that hasn't been cultured, it needs to be cultured immediately. You may have MRSA. Also if it is some exuberant granulation, it can be cauterized with silver nitrate to reduce the granulation formation. Something is not right and just simple observation won't cut it.

Mr. Nk,

While Dr Humayun is a great surgeon, and I'm sure you know your own body, I'm concerned with your decision not to seek a second opinion; especially since you're basing this decision on something an unrelated patient experienced. I think it may be a good idea to have another physician, even your primary care doctor, take a look at the issue (just to be safe).

Let us know what you decide, and definitely keep an eye on it.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

i took a shower last nite and the scab came off i think 7-8th time in the last 4 months ... there is still granulation tissue under and its pink in color.

i received a call from Dr.Humayun clinic today , i have a appointment with him tomorrow so lets see what he has to say after looking at this ! so no idea right now if he will give any treatment options or let it heal on its own !

i will ask him about silver nitrate and mrsa and will consider a derma consult after that ..

and i would also like to thank Bill personally thru this forum ... trust me this is a great help and the only thing i turn to when i see my necrosis area not healing.Its a great support to the patients, God Bless you Bill !!

Thanks

Mr.Nk,

This community is truly a terrific source of information and support for men and women suffering from hair loss and/or for those who've had hair transplant surgery. I'm glad we've been able to help you.

Please do let us know what Dr. Mohmand says about this during your consultation tomorrow. Hopefully there are no underlying issues and the area will be completely healed soon.

Best wishes,

Bill

im just coming back from my appointment with Dr.Humayun .. he examined it and told me that this is hyper-granulation tissue.. which is bulging out of the skin ! and which is causing the delayed healing !!

He has now planned a minor surgery under local anaesthesia on Tuesday, in which he will remove the granulation tissue and stitch both ends,approximating healthy skin!

There are no signs of infection and hopefully ill heal within a week if all things go well !!