shaved head

momo1770

My head is shaved to around 2mm and all i want is to maintain what i currently have . Im on propecia and rogaine but i dont feel it has any effect after 8 months .Question 1) Who is the best surgeon in the field of hair restoration if money was not an issue at all?

2) Can a person transplant someone elses hair in his head ? I mean if it would be shaven to 2mm would it show that its a differnt texture?

Talk to your doc. about avodart. Best doctor would be subjective (H&W, R. Shapiro, Feller, etc.). I've heard that hair follicles aren't rejected like internal organs and a doc has transplanted hairs from one individual's head into his arm w/ growth results. As far as any doc's willingness to try this, as well as having a willing donor, not at gunpoint, you might try Iraq or Iran.

hi momo...i do the same and i ve been thinking of this as well.If the shadow dissapears... if i can have a transplant with low density allover to keep the buzzlook without the need to shave them completely!

i ve been researchingthis option and i can tell you what i think

1. I dont think there is such a thing as the best surgeon...but since you are thinking of buzzing it 2mm i suppose strip with a wide scar is not an option...but please remeber that FUE leaves scarring as well so you will have scarring showing at this length as well.I dont know how do you feel about that but personally this is what keeps me off from doing it

2.Just NO...there are many reasons why this wont work but still all you need to know is that you cant do that

3.As far as texture at this length i dont think so...but there is another problem, the graft looks thicker at the point of exit so it wont match so good with native hair i think(that depends on your personal characteristics also, thick hair etc)

I know that surgeons use only single hair grafts at the hairline because they are the most exposed hair and they have to look very natural...keep in mind that shaving your hair so short leaves them all exposed...so a surgeon would theoretically have to use all single grafts which dont give so good coverage as 2 or three hair grafts...but they look more natural.The problems are

1.propable we dont have enough signle hair grafts

2.the scarring at the donor might be obvious

3.when you take o lot of grafts donor thinning might become an issue

4. the way the transplanted hair look at the point of exit(especially 2hair and 3hair grafts)

I also have seen a patient of a clinic who did something like that and in the pictures it looks ok....but pictures are not to rely on and there are things that you cannot see from a picture...i have seen transplants in person but i ve never seen one up close buzzed down.

I have seen scarring and donor thinning from FUE though but it waswith 1mm punches and it was very obvious...i dont know with smaller instruments

P.S. I would be very interested to hear a doctors take on this...Can you pose this question Bill maybe we can hear some feedback?Maybe an FUE doctor would be better but even if it a strip doctor he can comment on some of the issues raised

Thanx Bill

should we believe everything?

1. Hassan

2. Unfortunately, no.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Originally posted by momo1770:

thank u for your comments . I also was wondering if hair from different parts of the body can be implanted ? If a doctor could answer that please. Also maybe not the best doctor but a doctor who is renowned in this field .

well for FUE doctos because strip is out of the question given what you want

Years ago Cole from Atlanta was big but i dont hear too many things on these forums anymore

Feller is doing it but on a small scale and i have a feeling he prefers strip

Wolf also does FUE and he is supposed to be good at it

see also this thread with a topic on the best FUE doctors where many members share their thoughts

http://hair-restoration-info.c...6060861/m/9011036273

should we believe everything?

Who is the best is like saying which is the best artist.. there are many who are capable of amazing results!! Gernerally, my Doctor ( Dr. True) is seldome mentioned but I would but my HT up against anyone I have seen in my 4-5 years on here. Do your research, there are plenty of great doctors in the coalition !!

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!