Growth Expectations

Hi

I had about 3200 grafts done about 3 months ago.

I am starting to see little sprouts beginning to grow. However, from my post surgery pics, it appears more hairs were transferred than what is growing right now. I am just curious if this is all I am going to get? or should I expect more hairs sprouts later on?

I guess I'm be impatient but thanks and sorry for the rookie question...

Hi

I had about 3200 grafts done about 3 months ago.

I am starting to see little sprouts beginning to grow. However, from my post surgery pics, it appears more hairs were transferred than what is growing right now. I am just curious if this is all I am going to get? or should I expect more hairs sprouts later on?

I guess I'm be impatient but thanks and sorry for the rookie question...

Corgan--

We've all been there. It takes an unbelievably long time for the grafts to grow, and it happens so slowly that you barely realize it's happening. Many people on here, if not most, see very little at three or even four months. Give it a minimum of six months, and even then, if you're a slow grower, it could still be in the relatively early stages.

Look up a poster named "Spex" who works for Dr. Feller and read his posts on "patience" and "growth times" (links to both in his footer when he posts). Both of those posts state it much better than I can.

Just so you know, I was a little anxious at three months myself (and posted for encouragement like yourself). I'm at 7 1/2 months now, and I'm first really starting to see things taking shape. It's not an easy wait, but it feels good when you get there.

I feel like I am in the same boat... I'm about 2.75 months and I definitely see growth already... however there are some areas where there is growth and then some small gaps between where my original and new hairline... hopefully it will all fill-in in the coming months. GOOD LUCK!

Originally posted by Atomic:

Guys, you have a long ways to go yet. Don't worry. Mine actually continued to thicken even after 12 months! with 3200 grafts I'm sure you will be happy. Who was your Doc?

Happy growing!

That bold part is great news!!! icon_smile.gif

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

• 2 weeks later...

I think my concern is much like Mochi's.

It appears more hair was transferred, however there are a lot of gaps. Just curious if those will start growing as well. But reading around the forum, it looks like I should be more worried at around 7 months to a year.

OH my doc was Dr Pathomvanich

Thanks for all the responses though!!