Is it bad to play with your hair if you're losing it?

taoofjord

The girls I date often want to play with my hair, but I usually tell them not to for one reason or another. To be honest, I'm scared that it will make me lose my hair faster.

Is that true or can I let them play with it as much as they want?

The girls I date often want to play with my hair, but I usually tell them not to for one reason or another. To be honest, I'm scared that it will make me lose my hair faster.

Is that true or can I let them play with it as much as they want?

Unless they are tugging at your locks like a cowboy on the reigns of a bucking horse, then i think you are safe.

If you are still concerned, check out this page on "Non-Genetic Causes of Hair Loss":

http://www.regrowhair.com/other_causes.asp

Hope this helps!

-Robert

----------------------------------

As forum moderator and a Patient Advocate for the Coalition I'm available to answer any questions.

To view animations and videos and learn about leading hair restoration physicians visit http://www.regrowhair.com/our_physicians.asp

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Thanks for the info. I forgot to mention that when a girl DOES play with my hair, a lot falls out. I can go to the sink afterwards and brush off maybe 15 or so hairs with my hands.

Is that normal?

Taoofjord,

What is a lot? Is it as much as when you shampoo? Brush your hair? If you are experiencing male pattern baldness, then you are going to see hairs no matter what you do. I do not think that by playing with it (running her hands through it, etc.) alone accounts for this. If a hair follicle is dying or dead, it is going to let go of that hair eventually. Her playing with it, shampooing, or brushing your hair may seem like it is the cause, when in actuality, it is just the mechanism that causes the hair to finally be released. I think everyone goes through the anxiety you are going through now. Give the Propecia time to work.

-Robert

----------------------------------

As forum moderator and a Patient Advocate for the Coalition I'm available to answer any questions.

To view animations and videos and learn about leading hair restoration physicians visit http://www.regrowhair.com/our_physicians.asp

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Well I rarely touch my hair so it would be shocking when someone actually does and i see all the hair that comes out. It seems my hair falls out quite easily.

And I've been on propecia for over a year now. I'm pretty sure there are less hairs falling out now, but it's hard to tell since I cut it really short now and rarely touch it. It was easier to notice when my hair was longer.