uk hairtransplant - where do i go?

moxonator

dont go to either matey.... i went to an equally dodgy uk clinic and had to spend 10 years under a hat before getting repaired by Shapiro Medical Group in the US. If you go to them you will end up seeking a repair and ultimately waste money and precious donor icon_smile.gif

2 poor very poor UK ht's

2 world class repairs with Shapiro Medical Group

original thread

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...d.php?t=134995

Dr Paul's procedure http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1710

Dr Ron's procedure

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1128

One of the best pieces of advice a potential transplant patient can be given is to not limit themselves by geography. Many patients fly all around the world to visit the best doctors and don't necessarily spend more by doing so.

I don't believe you'll find much support for the two examples you gave. The only UK clinic recommended by this website is the Farjo Medical Centre.

http://www.hairtransplantnetwo...list.asp?StateAbr=UK

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Dont go to either of these they will butcher the crap out of your head. Hospital Group are one of the worst Clinics in the world, and Advanced Hair Studios only do dodgy wigs. I attach a picture of my scar that I recieved from The Hospital Group/Wellsbourne.

UK isnt great for Hair Transplants m8, I've a lot of my hairs that they transplanted removed, because they looked rubbish.

tn_IMG_6223.jpg.7d4ad85f6ecd420999d5ddbdf5446233.jpg

Sparky,

While you may have a preference for another physician's work, I'd appreciate if you'd at least recognize the world class work the Farjo clinic is producing on a regular basis in the UK. Whether you agree with it or not, they've been prescreened and approved by this community as elite members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Frankly, peddling the old and outdated agenda that nobody does good work in the UK is naive and proven false a hundred times over in this community.

Best Regards,

Bill

If it has been proven false, it is only because of the Farjo clinic. Name me one other clinic in the UK that does good work and dont say Rogers because he worked on me once and didnt do any better than the rest of the nasty docs that messed my head up.

I'm not going to lie and agree that Farjo is as good as the docs in Brussels or the USA because from what I've seen they arent.

So we have one good doc in the UK, how many do you have in the USA? Plus Farjo doesnt offer FUE so a lot of patients with minimal hairloss who dont want a strip scar have to go to the USA or Brussels anyway.

Hey Sparky,

The issue isn't that you personally believe there are better doctors elsewhere, it's the fact that in some of your posts you give the impression there are no good clinics or doctors in the UK.

The Farjos may not be your personal choice but they are in the coalition and this hasn't came easy. Mick and patients have spent a lot of time presenting cases of some excellent work and the clinic deserves to be acknowledged when discussing the UK choices, and not written off.

Sparky,

Your first argument is moot, because I was referring to the Farjo's specifically. Because they do world class work, the dogma that you can't get a good hair transplant in the UK at all is false. The reason I posted the above was due to this comment:

"UK isnt great for Hair Transplants m8"

While that may be your opinion, I feel you're wrongfully dismissing the excellent work the Farjos are regularly doing.

I understand you have a personal preference for other doctors, which is perfectly fine. But making a broad claim that nobody does good work in the UK is insulting to this community since this community approved the Farjos for the Coalition based on proven excellent work. Get it?

Bill

Moxonator, I echo the sentiments of the previous posters here. Without doubt, you have many more great options in Northern America, whether that be the US or Canada. Whilst this sounds like a huge commitment, to travel such extensive amounts, you may be suprised financially how much better off you could be. For example, the majority of clinics will offer you a discount against the cost of your HT, in an aid to assist your travel costs. Also, with various exchange rates, you can also find that this will work in your favour. Whilst cost in no way should be your main motivation, obviously for 99% of us, it remains to be a factor. The exchange rate for Canada specifically can be quite rewarding.

Regarding the two UK based clinics that you have mentioned: AHS- will offer what they like to call strand by strand. Explained as a completely natural non surgical answer to your hairloss problems. This is essentially a hugely expensive hair piece(wig). The Hospital Group- You will not find anything anywhere near positive feedbacks regarding this clinic on any hairloss based websites. This is simply because their results are sub-standard. I would sincerely ask you, to stay away from the two aforementioned clinics.

Being UK based, you should definately consult with Dr Farjo, who is Manchester based. He has a new state of the art clinic located on the top floor of a very centrally based building in the city centre. This would be as good a place as any to begin your research. Research being the key word here. There is nothing worse than hairloss, except for a bad HT. Research and planning is vitally important. Undergoing the process of a hair transplant is a huge commitment. Fortunately for the likes of ourselves, we have this site as an amazing tool to use and aid in our research. Make sure you utilise it. Again, to repeat. Dont let geography be the main factor in your decision making process. Good luck!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

How many good HT docs are there in the USA and how many good HT docs are there in the UK?

If there is only one good doc in the UK then we dont have very many options over here do we? We only have one UK based option, and they only offer strip which isnt for everyone. You cant just assume that all people in the UK want strip.

Therefore the UK isnt great for HT's.

I think that this post needs to shift back to its subject. Everybody is in agreeance that quantity considered, Northern America is by far superior than the UK or Europe for quailty hair transplant Doctors. However, when considering a UK based individual, it makes perfect sense for their first enquiries, to be with a well respected UK clinic that are the Farjos.

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Moxonator, being from the UK, when I was considering a hair transplant last year, I found this site and read everyone saying not to get a HT in th UK. At the time I thought "oh what do these guys know" and booked a procedure with a UK clinic.

As I did more research, I decided to cancel the procedure. Then a few months back I heard how that exact surgeon has scarred people and ruined years of their life as they have had to get several procedures to correct the poor work.

My advice is this: Go with a surgeon recommended on this site. If you want to go with someone in the UK, go to Dr Farjo.

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

In my opinion you are much better of traveling outside of the UK. Check out Dr Bisanga at BHR (Brussels). He appears to be doing some great work. He is only 3 hours from London on the Eurostar.

-----------------------------------------

2425 FUE - Dr Armani - Nov 2007 (poor result)

1000 FUE Procedure with Dr. Bisanga - March 25th 2010 (great result)

1599 FUE Procedure with Dr. Bisanga - Feb 3rd 2011

My Hair Loss Website

Hi moxonator

There's quite a few UK guys who post on this forum. I agree with the posts above. Avoid HG. Look for consults with Farjo, Devroye, Feriduni etc. They are in the coalition for a reason. Also send a PM to Spex on this forum who, although a representative for Dr Feller in the UK, is impartial with his advice.

There's also a similar thread here:

http://hair-restoration-info.c...=777106844#777106844

Good luck.

17 Feb 09 - 3,200 FUs by strip surgery (Dr Feller)

My Hair Loss Website

According to his website and this site Dr Farjo does do FUE, but he doesnt seem to push it which is fine. I looked a bit more at patient pics on here and I admit a lot of it looks good, especially the lady who had her whole hairline and temple points done.

Hey Sparky,

Could you put the link up to the page that states that the Farjos do FUE please? I can't find it.

Edit: Sorry, I've found it. I'm not 100% sure if the clinic offers FUE (you do get that impression from the website). The last I read, Mick stated that the clinic had offered it but no longer does. Maybe the site hasn't been changed since then or maybe the clinic has done a U turn. I will message Mick to ask.

Yeah, from the website you certainly get the impression that the Farjos are offering FUE (at least I did).

Another thing is they may just be giving their opinion on FUE, but as I said, I agree from a readers point of view that you would assume the clinic is offering the procedure.