First HT, 4 days in, Extremely Concerned :/

Lind_1978

Thank you Sparky, Topcat and hairthere.

I will consult with some of the recommended clinics on the forum to try and better understand my situation and try to meet some patients to plan for the future as well. I am in Dubai for another week, biting my nails. What should I try and get from the clinic before I leave? What specific details should I ask them for to cover myself, or is it pointless? Is there anything helpful I can do?

The eventual plan was another HT, I just hoped it would be a couple of years and I would have some results, not just regret, in the meantime. I'd be happy with 20-30% density improvement in the thinnest areas (which now look totally bald), but it sounds like I can't even count on that now.. I really hope things work out ok and the next year is not just utter disappointment..

Lind;

You are only 4 days out, you need to relax. I do agree with other posters that you will probaly not get alot of density but that doesnt mean that it will look bad. Regardless of the outcome you have good donor and the hairline is not too low so if you want another session in the future you will be able to do so.

Do you take meds? Looking at your crown I feel meds would be important especially when it appears that you have alot of hair there but only thinning abit.

Good luck

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Lind,

I wish I could say something to allay your fears but I'm afraid that only time will tell at this point. I agree with Sparky. The grafts do appear to be too large and spaced out to produce a desirable result. You will most likely need another procedure to correct this.

I know it's easier said than done but try to stay positive and give it time to heal and grow. It may take up to 10 months before you can really assess your results and then I'd consult with the doctors that Sparky recommended.

In the meantime, keep us abreast of your progress and know that you are not alone. There are many guys on this board who have been in your shoes.

Best of luck,

TTP

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Thanks guys,

I know it's early and I am trying to hope for the best, but have to admit I'm pretty stressed. The only med I have taken is Propecia, only for a few months a couple of years ago. I am concerned about the side effects; what is the general consensus on realistic risk and degree of side effects?

What other meds are truly proven / recommended here?

I will definitely keep you guys informed and really appreciate the support. I know it won't be the end of the world no matter what happens, just quite a shock for me going from looking forward to a year of improvement to questioning everything.

I will try and keep a positive attitude, though it's difficult, and hopefully I can make the best decisions possible moving on.