MSM growth - Possible or Mental?

Hey guys,

For the past 3 weeks I have been taking MSM750 capsules. Normally just one daily, perhaps on the odd day I have taken 2 capsules. Whilst I am fully away that this product assists no way in preventing further hairloss, I hear that many use it, due to it aiding in the growth of healthier hair(amongst other things). Perhaps it is just a mental thing due to the knowledge that I am using the product, but I feel that my hair is growing at a much accelerated speed after only 3 weeks. My nails seem to be growing much quickly also. Is this possible to see this type of rapid change?

Its kind of fun!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Hi, I bought Solgar's MSM after reading older threads here, but on the same shelf I saw Solgar's "Hair and Nails".

Do you think I should have bought the hair n nails formula? I am asking for next time.

Latin lotus is right.

It may be possible that there can be an increase in hair diameter, though I am unaware of any scientific studies.

The rate of hair growth is mainly genetic.

take care...

Guys,

appreciate all your feedback, I really do. But seeing is really believing. For sure, I am experiencing faster rates of growth in both hair and nails. Perhaps to a degree, Im getting caught up in my own hype about it and therefore am convincing myself that the rate is perhaps greather than reality, but I would put my bottom dollar on at least some rate increase. Interesting. I will continue to monitor and keep you updated.

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

I have been taking 3000 mg MSM for three years,I take it for back pain. Does seem to make my nails grow alot faster. Hair and nails are both keratin, so maybe it does help the hair? Can't say for sure. But it does do wonders for back pain. Getting older is a bitch..................

I don't buy that it grows nails and hair faster. firstly, you really have no way of measuring the speed of growth. and there have been no studies done to prove it. i think it's just a placebo effect. but it can't hurt....

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

i think it's just a placebo effect. but it can't hurt....

Well there is no study that says it can't hurt either. I would run away from these snake oil.

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Could somebody please clarify the placebo theory? Waht exactly is meant by this?

I totally understand that when there is no scientific study or medical proof, that "snake oil" solutions, expecially in the field of hairloss are highly frowned upon, and rightly so. But we must remember that snake oils, are genrally a "miracle cure". Something that claims and has a sole purpose of combatting hair loss. However, this is far from the case. MSM is not forecasting these results. Also, in this post alone, there have been a few personal inputs agreeing that they are also seeing these effects. If 5 people chime in with the same results, surely there must be something?

Sorry

PS - Everybody responds to various products in different ways. Finasteride, some people swear by it and have seem hugely favourable results and would never miss a day. Others, like myself, would genrally class themselves as non-responders, whilst few also experience intense side-effects. If this alone is not the perfect example of various products achieving varying results on different people, then what is?!!!