bosley in san francisco

ditto

To start, I am new on this site. Not until just the last few months have I considered HT. I pursued a consultation and then tentatively scheduled a procedure. However the more I have read I am getting the jitters. Does anyone have any input on this group in SFO. Thanks

To start, I am new on this site. Not until just the last few months have I considered HT. I pursued a consultation and then tentatively scheduled a procedure. However the more I have read I am getting the jitters. Does anyone have any input on this group in SFO. Thanks

Ditto...

bosley will charge you twice as much as much better surgeons...and not give you anywhere near the good results that good surgeons will..

Cancel your procedure and read up on the good surgeons noted here...

------------------------------

4600 grafts/ 12/10/2003/ Dr. Jerry Wong

Aren't you glad you know me, and have such easy access to my dementia???

• 3 years later...

Rugger, have you had personal experience with Bosley SF? I don't have an opinion of them as of yet (I had a procedure with them six days ago so too soon to tell) but they charged me $5.50 per graft. Obviously, I won't know the results of MY procedure for a few months and yes, I've read about all the troubles they've had. I learned of the problems a few days ago, after the procedure was done & yes, I'm concerned. But, I also know Bosley has several offices across the country. I'm only concerned with the office that did my procedure in San Francisco. I'd like to hear more from actual patients that have been there.

It seems like you overpaid by about 50%. As for the results, I guess time will tell. It would help us give an opinion if you could post your immediate post-op pictures along with the # of grafts you received.

Bosley has a spotty record overall - some people reported good results with them, while some got butchered. You really never know with the big chains, which is why you should avoid them in the future.

Hopefully, your surgery will turn out okay. Please do post your pictures if you have them available.

Imagirlygirl,

I encourage you to do a "find" on this and other forums for "Bosley" and conclude for yourself. Personally, being around this and other forums for 2 and a half years, I have seen more bad than good.

BUT...if I am correct...you have already went forward with a procedure with Bosley yes? I remember that from your other post. Best to do research on your particular doctor too...perhaps that will help give you some peace of mind. Either that, or it will at least help you plan better for the future.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

I live in the suburbs of chicago and have just learnt abt hair grafting, i have done 1 consultation and I am 34 years old. The office recommended 2200 grafts , i have thinning and baldness in the back cup and in the center area...They told me 5$ a graft. I make decent money but this sounds too expensive? Can someone help me with a local surgeon at an affordable price?

I have seen ad's of 3$ graft? how good are they?

$5 a graft does seem quite high. I wouldn't judge the quality of work by the asking price of the doctor. Do a search for a coalition doctor within your area and I'm sure you will find out fairly close to you. There has been numerous law suits going on against Bosely for the ethic of their practice, I'm glad that I did my research before handing my head over to Bosely. I did have a consultation with them, and just didn't get the right feeling with them, seemed like they were trying really hard to "pitch" me and "close" me and get me strapped on to the surgery chair right away. Felt like I was dealing with some used car salesman.

Sadmac, Do some more research on this site before you commit to anyone. Who did you see in the Chicagoland area? $5/graft is high. After doing more research on this forum, you'll be in a much better position to make a more informed decision for yourself. And depending on the surgeon, the money you save with a coalition doc could more than pay for a plane ride to the right surgeon for you.

• 5 months later...

Hi Girly- Well that makes two of us. I just had Aragoni attack my head last week. I thought they knew what they were doing, I still to god hope they did, but just started reading this forum now. When I was in there, they were doing 5 a day. I can't believe there aren't other people out there on this forum who haven't had a hair transplant at Bosley in SF? Would really like to hear from them! I had 1900...