Question re: bald spot 6 months after HT

Help! I need reassurance. 6 months today since my HT with Dr Rahal. My hair is growing well but I' m a bit worried because I still have a bald spot where no hair seem to be growing.

Any chances on that bald spot staying that way or is it still possible to see some new hair growing in the next few months? When do "new" hairs stop coming out?

Dr Rahal 1925 grafts; 3675 hairs

Help! I need reassurance. 6 months today since my HT with Dr Rahal. My hair is growing well but I' m a bit worried because I still have a bald spot where no hair seem to be growing.

Any chances on that bald spot staying that way or is it still possible to see some new hair growing in the next few months? When do "new" hairs stop coming out?

Dr Rahal 1925 grafts; 3675 hairs

Do you think it might be possible that you have had some shock loss of native hair in the area? Or do you mean that some of the transplanted hairs have not started growing in?

If it is shock loss, the hair typically does grow back in, but it can take several months.

Hang in there! I know how difficult it is to play the waiting game. icon_wink.gif

chantal,

Have you posted your photos anywhere on this forum or created a hair los blog?

Did you have a bald spot prior to your hair transplant or did it only appear afterwards?

1925 grafts is not a huge number of grafts and their placement will determine the result - that combined with your natural hair.

6 months is still very early and crowns are infamous for slower growth. Any shocked hair can also take up to 6 months to a year to fully return.

In my opinion, hang in there, but feel free to post your before, surgical, and intermediate photos by creating a hair loss weblog to keep us posted on your progress. Taking and posting monthly photos will help you garner support and advice from our members and will help you see the transformation before your very eyes.

Hang in there :-)

Bill

Originally posted by chantal:

Thanks everyone..Adrian called me today...very thoughtful...I will wait it out and see.

best of luck.. wait it out like you say but PLEASE keep us all informed as to how your bald spot progresses...maybe in a few months we could see some pics of how it turned out for you.... all the best

*** RESULTS WILL 100%, without a DOUBT, VARY***

hi chantal

My name is Richie and I'm from the UK , I had 2100 crown grafts with Dr Feller in November 2007 .

I am currently 19 months out and I'm still getting growth from the grafts , please bud try not to obsess , it has taken ages for my crown to grow in and 6 months in absolutly no time at all .

Here is a link to my 19 month progress http://hair-restoration-info.c...66060861/m/449105092

I hope this will help calm your nerves

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

on not sure chantal is even talking about his crown... its a little un clear

chantal-- is the spot thats not growing in your crown region or is it a patch surrounded by growing grafts that just does not seem to have grown in yet?

*** RESULTS WILL 100%, without a DOUBT, VARY***

Originally posted by lost my swagger:
Originally posted by wantego:

I see a few folks do not realize Chantal is a woman. icon_smile.gif

oops!! very sorry chantel.. thanks wantego

LMS,

You are welcome. It was not only you. I think we have mostly guy posters on the board so it is understandable. icon_smile.gif

Chantal,

I really hope your HT turns out great for you! icon_smile.gif

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Thanks Wantego...yes I am a 46 year old female (not a dude and not a kid) and French speaking. I thought this was obvious with my name...sorry guys. There are not too many females here!

I had HT to increase density not to cover a large bald area like a lot of you guys who go through HT + I had one particular bald spot on top near the hairline...probably due to the way I styled my hair for many years when I was younger. I really wanted this covered up with HT and as I mentioned before, I don't really see any new growth in that spot...But as I was told, 6 months is early and there are still chances that new hair will grow. That's all I wanted to know.... Thanks again for the encouragement...and I will post after pictures later...

pre3.jpg.52ca6d612225434aa3b476922ce0750c.jpg

• 7 years later...

Hi I had a HT last year 2015 in July from Hairpalace in Budapest I was thining in the crown area and due to my hair being dencely packed everywhere else it kinda stood out especially when wet so I was told 2000 hairs would be the maximum I should have but a year later nothing has changed if anything it's gotten worse in the exact same places still thin on the left hand side and pretty much have a bald patch on the right I've contacted the doctor who did the operation and she has told me I need to wait until I have my year consultation but I am very unhappy with my result probably won't be able to tell which picture is before and after!!

image.thumb.jpeg.e3534cf661ca048baaaed2cb0cddea5e.jpeg