Family Illness in Dr. Lindsey's family.

Last Thursday night we discovered that my 8 year old daughter Julia had a large brain tumor. It was quite unexpected. She had surgery Monday and seems to be healing as expected. She was able to walk to the bathroom just a few minutes ago, and although unstable, and having some double vision; she appears pretty good.

Unfortunately, it is cancerous and she will require radiation therapy and chemotherapy, but has a good chance of a cure. In fact the neurosurgeon says that it is likely that she and I can ski again the winter after next.

I have heard from several patients who have had close friends or family with similar events and the support has been really helpful.

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish you and your family the absolute best. I can only imagine how devastating this must be -- you're a strong, good man, though, and I'm sure you and your family will remain strong and battle through whatever comes.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Dr. Lindsey,

I can only imagine the level of anxiety and worry you and your family are experiencing during this difficult time. I'm pleased to hear in the midst of the upset, that there is hope of full recovery.

I'm sure you will do whatever it takes to pull your daugher and the rest of your family through this.

My thoughts and prayers are with your daughter, you, and the rest of your family.

All the best for a speedy and successful recovery for your daughter,

Bill

Dr. Lindsey --

I believe in the power of prayer, and I will certainly contribute my own thoughts and prayers for your daughter to get well.

The best advice anyone ever gave me was to take things a day at a time.

Everyone in this community holds you in very high regard, both as a doctor and as a person. All the best to you and your family.

Dr. Lindsey,

You are a good man and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. You took great care of me during my procedure and the good lord will take care of your daughter. Stay positive.

Dr. Lindsey I wish your daughter a speedy and complete recovery from her illness. Rest assured that this community is rooting for your daughter and family and are ready to extend any and all support you may need during this difficult time.

Having been around seriously sick children myself I can attest to their resiliency in the face of adversity.

Please keep us updated on her progress.

Dr. Lindsey,

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family - of course we all wish for a full and complete recovery for your daughter.

- Shapiro Medical Group

Guest comb

Dr Lindsey

I cannot imagine what you must be going through. My wishes and prayers for your daughter's quick and complete recovery.

Oh my God, Dr. Lindsey, when I read your post I had tears in my eyes. You are a great man and a surgeon, I wish your daughter, you and your family the very best and I hope the worst has passed and you daughter is on the road of full recovery. Stay positive.

nobody is immune to these kind of circumstances life places on us. i am sure you will find the strength to remain positive for your family and yourself. i hope things work out for you and you are able to value each day even more than you did previously.

no pain no gain

I echo what everyone else is saying. My prayers will be with your daughter and family. The amazing thing about kids is that they have a way of pulling thru just about anything.

Dr Lindsey,

all my best wishes for your daughter's quick and full recovery. just stay positive and everything in the end will turn out to be great and back to normal sooner than you think. you and your family will get through it i'm sure and this chapter in your lives will just be a distant memory with a happy ending.

all the best and you'll see that everything will be all right.

Dr Lindsey, I heartily wish you a full recovery, you are very helpful for everyone here.

I can understand your pain and my only advice is to think positive, try to isolate defeating thoughts and transmit this to your daughter who really needs to see her father calm and strong. icon_smile.gif

My neighbors 10 year old son went through the same thing with full recovery.

I know how hard this can be as the family was devastated when the news was delivered

I also am a firm believer in the power of prayer and your family will certainly be in them

One bit of advice from what Ive witnessed is to be strong for her sake.

I know how hard it was but my neighbor couldn't hide his emotions and that really affected his son on a daily basis .

He once told me that if he could do anything different it would of been to try and cry behind his back and always smile in the front.

God bless Dr

I shall also pray for your daughter Dr lindsay.

Tumeric and propolis are great to eat, help cut off blood supply to tumours, though using black pepper will help the take up of tumeric.

I believe diet very important, aspartame is very bad, diet sodas is packed full of this evil chemical.

Be strong.

• 2 weeks later...