crown restoration

In my next HT i would like to address my crown. I have heard that the crown can use up a lot of grafts and I know that i don't have many to spare being a NW6.

On a previous post someone mentioned that a partial restoration to the anterior part of the crown can be done. This would mean growing your hair a little longer and stying your hair back and using that to cover the crown.

Can anyone provide me with some further information on this procedure. Is it an effective method if you have a large crown to cover? I know that you might not be able to get full coverage but as long as most of it is covered up. I think this might be a good method in saving some of your donor supply.

I did ask the question on the other thread but didn't get any responses. Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks.

In my next HT i would like to address my crown. I have heard that the crown can use up a lot of grafts and I know that i don't have many to spare being a NW6.

On a previous post someone mentioned that a partial restoration to the anterior part of the crown can be done. This would mean growing your hair a little longer and stying your hair back and using that to cover the crown.

Can anyone provide me with some further information on this procedure. Is it an effective method if you have a large crown to cover? I know that you might not be able to get full coverage but as long as most of it is covered up. I think this might be a good method in saving some of your donor supply.

I did ask the question on the other thread but didn't get any responses. Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks.

It is possible to have grafting to the anterior part of the crown and letting the hair grow to comb towards the back covering the posterior portion of the crown. It really depend on your age , hair characteristics, other areas of hair loss or previous hair restoration, and of course your expectations. Just make sure you are satisfied with the frontal and middle areas first before you start a large crown project. If you want to provide more details about your previous work I would be glad to give you my opinion.

Thank you both for your replies.

Dr.Charles, I have provided some info below.

209 square cm of measured bald area.

First procedure 4337 grafts on front and forelock average density of 45%. Transplanted in 114 sq cm approximately.

Donor hair has a wavy nature with about 38% average density.

Crown was not addressed in first HT.

Any info you can provide would be great. Also im wondering does transplanting hair in the anterior part of the crown save grafts?