HT 3387 grafts by Dr Bisanga (BHR clinic)

exchange

(I was not able to upload the pics in earlier post so posting it again).

Finally I have had my HT last month with Dr Bisanga. Initially I was interested in FUE but later on doctor's advise I agreed on FUT/Strip.

I am really thankful to this site which helped me to choose a good doctor. I shortlisted couple of doctors initially and later decided to go ahead with Dr. Bisanga (BHR clinic).

I am 26 year old. The total transplanted follicular unit count was 3387 (1 hair: 580, 2 hair: 1458, 3 hair: 770, 4 hair: 579). My experience with BHR was quite ok , even I would say it was good. The staff was no doubt very friendly.

On the day, the procedure started early in the morning and I was given local anaesthesia, which was little bit painful. Later, the doctor took out the strip and made the punches. After lunch, technician started placing the grafts and the procedure completed in late night. During the procedure I felt absence of the doctor but might be I was under anaesthesia and not able to know that even though he was not continuously present there but was monitoring. The procedure was little bit tiring and at the end I was getting out of patience. The procedure was little bit painful (but that was expected), but the doctor ensured that the pain is avoidable as much a possible.

I can still feel numbness in my donor area. I think my donor area will take some more time to heal completely. Donor area need more care in strip procedure compared to FUE. I had faced problem while sleeping because I had to sleep on my sutures (no other option) . But, I feel tough time is gone and its time to wait and watch.

I am not sure about the shock loss but since my HT I can see lot of hair fall even in donor area but hopefully it is for short duration. I have started rogain and fanst few days back.

Many Many thanks to you all especially Bill,Pat, thanatopsis_awry, Arrie, etc.

I am uploading my pics and will appreciate your reviews and comments.

930103822_FD43FAA66CDBA8EAA169FAF9E32F42C6.JPG.thumb 920103822_5B43A617E88C4B55BDBC6CB922F237FD.JPG.thumb 830103822_76CB7C0474EE6252DFBD339F3E179BB3.JPG.thumb 820103822_818551746BAA79D4FCC937C800DF2B32.JPG.thumb 730103822_390805DC496788778CFC01F2CCCB9E87.JPG.thumb 720103822_1E205DD68DFFDE89E83AE9498E70232F.JPG.thumb 630103822_788EA702BFD46AAA7568BF7A5640FE37.JPG.thumb 620103822_89C26F5C068448362F59AB7FF5FF4700.JPG.thumb 530103822_E56880D6B108EEFAF5477A88DDFCDE01.JPG.thumb 520103822_230FF34BE4D6C04317436F588E8691ED.JPG.thumb 440103822_A4C2CA82C86BB3777F7812338C363928.JPG.thumb 430103822_F1A6F962B65E2874D40243375C801F13.JPG.thumb 420103822_46EEB3FF071A9399E42E6213D3551526.JPG.thumb 340103822_D5EC78C20494C99E00722AD192877470.JPG.thumb 330103822_863B07F1ABD053F128C24773A5C96826.JPG.thumb 320103822_B0D3E7C8C202992FC8CB52F32B291833.JPG.thumb 240103822_9C6BC0EF72D51D95DA6AAC280EBC4121.JPG.thumb 230103822_70159A1C48479EAD7AC8583195E0B9C1.JPG.thumb 220103822_5A38F77DA1E1CB0C19E8B6542FF280A9.JPG.thumb 140103822_08AC1E189680AC67DF239C75C34FDCF4.JPG.thumb 130103822_53124465C00FF9C9F5F94D4E363FF4F1.JPG.thumb

Originally posted by charlie_08:

Good luck. from the little I have seen of Dr Bisanga its always very impressive work.

Can I ask why he advised against FUE?

Hi Charlie,

Thanks.

You must be knowing that Dr, bisanga do both FUE and FUT frequently and frankly when I started thinking about HT I never thought that I would go for strip. In my case Dr's argument was that I have already lost high number of hairs in early age and there is high probability that I will be needed more HTs in future. He suggested that with combination of strip & FUE HTs more grafts can be extracted than to only FUE procedure. So if needed in future I would go with FUE. This will help me to optimum utilization of my available donor grafts.

exchange- you made a good decision going with strip especially with the size session you needed. The recipient looks super clean and the area was densely packed which will look great!!

We have seen some great work from Dr. B and your case is no exception. The placement looks good and you will have a nice defined hairline that will frame your face really nicely.

Enjoy the doldrums, they are not fun...but you will get through it like the rest of us have! If you need any support just continue to update us and we will answer you.

Happy Healing!!

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

exchange, congrats. it looks real good.

Can someone tell me what causes these white dots in the transplanted area immdtly post op (as in the pictures posted). I don't see it in every clinic's post op photos, just some. Is it cos of too much water on the scabs?

------------------------------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Alexander

Thanks a lot guys...

I will post my 5 weeks post op pics in next couple of days. Most of my trasplanted hairs are still growing and have not fallen off. Healing is going well and hope soon I will able to start sports.

Pmill, I am located in Scandinavia region.

Dakota3, No issue...thanks for the review.

Originally posted by phxind:

exchange, congrats. it looks real good.

Can someone tell me what causes these white dots in the transplanted area immdtly post op (as in the pictures posted). I don't see it in every clinic's post op photos, just some. Is it cos of too much water on the scabs?

phxind,

The white dots are very top layer of skin that is removed with the FU, it is this that forms the crust over the first two weeks and then falls off. Maybe because during the procedure it was sprayed a great deal and i also sprayed after it kept the hydrated more and so more visible until the skin dries and forms the crust.

• 1 month later...

be carefull with bisanga, I had a 2500 fue transplant 6months ago and he "forgot" to put some grafts on my head. as a result I have a bald area just behind the transplanted area.

I am new in this forum , I donno how to add pictures, let me know if you want to see his scaring job!

luca, contact the moderator, 'Bill'... one of his posts can be found in this thread above.. he can help you with posting pics...

and to answer you, YES we are VERY interested in seeing your pics

how do you know that Bisanga "forgot", or didnt place grafts there... perhaps he did and they have not grown...

do you recal incisions being made in the bald area you are talking about?

we need some pics bro. thanks

*** RESULTS WILL 100%, without a DOUBT, VARY***

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Swagger,

no incisions have been done by Bisanga in that area. have a look at this picture I took the day after the surgery. the back hair in that picture are a bit "long" and they cover the bald area. but if you zoom a bit you can see the pink scalp.

I exposed immediately my concern to the doctor, he replied me to be patient.(and trust me with the anesthesia in your blood you don't feel so willing to complain .-))

then one month ago I sent him updated pictures, he was able to tell me to let my hair grow in order to cover the "holes". I think you can agree with me that If I have to let hair grow to comb my hair over the bald spot I could have done it before, and I would never have undertaken this surgery and saved 9.500?‚¬

cheers

(just to be clear, we planned for 2600 hair and more if necessary, Bisanga even put less grafts that what forecasted. Thus I infer that for him this was the hair grafts needed to reach an optimal result...)

surgery.jpg.b0cc632c7882b2c36c7d6f98ba972768.jpg

Luca,

I think you should start your own thread instead of posting your photos on the one that exchange started. That being said, I can see why you would be dissatisfied. At first glance I thought maybe you had just lost the hair behind your hairline, but the immediate post op pics clearly show that you were thin back there prior to surgery. Was any reason given for why Dr. Bisanga chose not to go back far enough to cover that area?

yes TC you are probably right but I've never written in a blog before.

Basically his answer is that we planned a number of grafts not adequate for covering the complete area...

during the consultation he suggested me to put 2500 to 3000 grafts, (obviously the only difference would have been the front line, more or less conservative) I choose 2600 grafts. Moreover we agreed on the fact that in case an higher number of grafts is needed for having the best result possible, the doctor can decide to ask for my approval, or even put it for free. (I can show you the email if you like)! Finally he put even less grafts: just 2536.

the doctor (actually his assistant) answers to my complain letters with very long emails explaining in details the FUE tecnique etc etc...but nothing concrete.

and that's all guys.

do you think I can undertake any legal action against his claims considering he is in Belgium and I am abroad?

thanks

Luca

you really gotta start yourown thread here man... im glad you posted pics tho.. that gap is down right ridiculous, i agree...

PM Bill if you need help starting a thread or posting more pics... start your own thread and ask away TELL US THE WHOLE STORY IN YOUR THREAD.. more pics would be a plus tho, like from before your HT, if you have them

*** RESULTS WILL 100%, without a DOUBT, VARY***

Luca, so why didnt he filled with tranplanted hair till it blends with your native hair?

He left you that gap because you choose only 2600 grafts so he couldnt fill all the area?

There's no way the gap was left because he "only" got 2600 grafts. This kinda reminds me of that famous Armani-McMillan case.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Sounds like he dropped the ball. Probably didn't want to exert the extra effort b/c not being paid. He didn't think of his reputation. I used to think highly of Bisanga. I won't be recommending him anymore. Now only left w/ 2 options of growing hair and cover or another surgery for that area and put your life on hold (again).

That doesn't make any sense for a number of reasons.

1. Why would you proceed with a surgery KNOWING that you were going to have a gap like that? I wouldn't build a house if the contractor told me ahead of time that I would be left with only three walls.

2. Why would any respectable surgeon proceed with the transplant KNOWING the end result would be a very visible and unnatural gap? I would like to think that most respectable surgeons would work with you on pricing, give you some free grafts, turn you away, or place the 2600 grafts in a way that doesn't REQUIRE you to return for a second surgery.

- the doctor's on this site always say that a hair transplant should be a standalone procedure, and that you should never have to come back for additional surgeries. that gap has necessitated that you hop back in the chair. I wish that Dr. Bisanga was recommended on this site so that he could answer some of these questions. It's not fair for me to sit here and pass judgment on a situation that I am not a party to, especially when only one side has been presented, but that immediate post op pic is very troubling to me.

I want to clarify a few of the things I said above.

No doctor is under any obligation to give free grafts or work with a patient on pricing. It would be nice if they were willing to do so, but they don't have to. What I wanted to convey was my belief that if Dr. Bisanga knew that your end result was going to have a large gap because you were unable to pay for more grafts and he was unwilling to work with you on that aspect, then he should have strategically placed the grafts in a manner so that no gap would be visible. After looking over literally thousands of patient photos, I KNOW that doing so would have been feasible.

If on the other hand you were told ahead of time that a gap would be present and you still decided to undergo the surgery, then you have no one to blame but yourself. I still find it so strange that a well respected physician would purposely leave such a noticeable gap on a patient. Oh well, que sera sera.

Luca,

You are certainly welcome and free to share your experience and photos as long as you are sincere and genuine. However, please start your own thread by going to "New" and "Photo Album" above. There, you can post multiple photos in a single album and share your experience.

Keep in mind that your doctor has a right to share his side of the story and thus, we may require you to give him the necessary permission to discuss your case online. See our policies at "Maintaining a Fair and Safe Environment on our forum for patients and doctors".

Now since this is exchange's thread, let's bring the topic of discussion back to him.

Thanks,

Bill