Petchski month 5, 1 week progress (Dr Feller)

Howdy there my hair loss brethren,

Month 5 has descended upon me and is already shooting by to month 6, first three months are slow as hell, the rest flies by, that's how it's been for me so far.

Anyway I've updated my blog with current pictures, i'm happy with how things are progressing, yet to be seen where my result will fit on Petchski's rating of hair transplants, here's an introduction inspired by all participants on HTN.

Butchered! - Self explanatory

Low growth result - Either down to poor work or bad physiology

Poor result - poor planning and placement by docs/techs, ridging, patchy growth etc

Average result - Growth okay.

Good result - good growth and improvement to appearance

Awesome result - Great growth and massive improvement, probably great hair characteristics.

By going to a top doc you weigh the probabilities in your favour and leave the rest to your physiology. I'll be happy with a 'good' result, but will wait until month 9 or 12 before judging the final result. icon_smile.gif

Very happy with Dr Feller and Spex, they have both responded to all my queries.

My top 3 docs are in no particular order,

Dr Feller

Dr Ron Shipiro

Hasson + Wong

Would also consider

Dr Devroye

Dr Cooley

Dr Alexander

My favourite colour is black and i'm wearing yellow underwear, for the ladies.... questions?

--------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Feller

Dr Feller Jan '09 2000 grafts

Dr Lorenzo Dec '15 2222 grafts

Petchski, I can see a very clear and positive difference, although it's difficult to compare precisely because your hair was longer in your pre-op photos. If you're anything like me, the hairline will look stronger in the darker light and offer a sign of things to come. Hopefully you are heading for "good to awesome"!

Yellow underwear. Hmm. Do the ladies really go for the Bananaman look?

17 Feb 09 - 3,200 FUs by strip surgery (Dr Feller)

My Hair Loss Website

Cheers guys,

Taking photos is really quite frustrating, trying to get the level of light right so it's not too bright or too dark.

With my hair being so short I don't any feathering effect, but it looks better in person than I captured on these month 5 photographs.

I'll add some more pre op photos that are with shorter hair.

I have been on propecia for ages but it works and I don't want to try Avodart.

icon_cool.gif

EDIT: pre pre ops added

Originally posted by Leeson:

Hey Petchski, looks to be coming in slowly, but surely. From the 4 to 5 month pics, you can see the temple hairline thickening.

Also, as to your non-surgical treatment, have you considered switching from propecia? I've noticed you've been on it for some time.

Hi Leeson

If propecia is working then why switch to something else?

Originally posted by Mr. GQ:

hey Petch you look almost exactly the same as pre op. the best is yet to come just hang in there and ride it out few more months.

thanks for updating.

Thats what I noticed also, he looks the same as pre-op

Stamos,

It seemed his vertex was thinner than his pre-op and he said he has been on it for 7 years. Just thought of my days on propecia and then avodart and know I would NEVER consider propecia again. But hey, that's just me. We do all respond differently, as we are all individuals. Just thoughtg Petchski might be one of those that get a great response, but then again, he could be prone to some major sides also.

Then again, his hair was longer than it is currently and alot of people's hair seems to appear thinner when cut shorter.

Cheers for the comments, at 5 and a half months now and I can still see new hairs coming through in my magnified mirror.

My current pics do look similar to pre op because all the transplanted hair was put in to my current hairline, rather than push it down, and I buzzed my head to a grade 4 before taking the pics, although, looking straight on my hairline already has more shape and definition than pre op.

Months 6, 7, 8 will be decisive and i'm sure they will fly by, as i'm not paying much attention to my hair.

On month 6 I will post all photos outside icon_cool.gif

• 3 months later...