2000 grafts with Dr. Konior AAA+++ experience

kaounis

Just got back from Dr.K, best experience ever. Our goal was for 2000+ but due to a tight scalp he managed to get 1950 grafts. I got back to the hotel feeling great. Can't even tell where the grafts were put. That's the advantage of not shaving... Great Doc. great staff. I would recomend him to anybody who wants a truly phenominal result. Will try to post pics soon.

Just a thought from the peanut gallery.......

Just got back from Dr.K, best experience ever. Our goal was for 2000+ but due to a tight scalp he managed to get 1950 grafts. I got back to the hotel feeling great. Can't even tell where the grafts were put. That's the advantage of not shaving... Great Doc. great staff. I would recomend him to anybody who wants a truly phenominal result. Will try to post pics soon.

Just a thought from the peanut gallery.......

Thanks New2

To Shamrock: Started at around 6 am and finished at 5 pm. Dr. K did 95% of the placements. he cuts his own blades, real professional, his surgery room is sp sterile and high tech he could probably do heart surgery if he wanted to....I think you will be very impressed and happy....Best of luck...

Just a thought from the peanut gallery...

I would recomend him to anybody who wants a truly phenominal result. Will try to post pics soon.

Congratulation on your recent HT. I am glad that you had a great experience with dr. Konior. However, I would water down a bit your recommendation since you are yet to see your result.

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Point well taken Latinlotus. Don't forget I am still on meds (valium), so I am feeling really, really, gooood....Besides, you reep what you sow...lol

Well done Kaounis. It's easy to get excited about your procedure when you've had such a positive one. Now, keep it all in mind to get yourself through the doldrum phase. Heal well and speedy growth to you. Looking forward to following your progress.

Don't forget I am still on meds (valium), so I am feeling really, really, gooood.

Actually, i do agree that when i took valium (for my procedure), it felt pretty good as well icon_smile.gif I can see why some are addicted to this medication.

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

I always wear my hair rather long. about 3inches. If you have enough existing hair and are self concious, like I am, I would suggest you don't cut your hair from know untill after your procedure. I was able to go out after 2 days without anybody noticing anything. I think Dr.K took pictures after graft placement, call and ask him if you can see them, then you will beleive me. I stayed at the comfort suites about .3 miles from the clinic. great place, close by, and you get a 10% discount if you mention you are a patient of Dr. K....Your in good hands and will be very impressed with Dr.K and his team...

I stayed 6 days in Chicago so he could moniter me post opperativly, when you spend that much money, why not let the doc do the work? I saw him the day after, he cleaned the donor area and inspected the recipient area, not much to clean there.... I also saw him on Saturday morning, he removed every other staple and cleaned the donor area and the recipient area... He e-mailed every morning the whole 6 days I was there so he could check to see if I was doing fine....Great guy...Feel free to ask me anything else you might help you for your procedure...

Going to have a consult with Dr. K in 2 weeks, any advice on what to expect? also my hair is about 1/2 inch and should be almost 3/4 inch by the time of the consult will that be enough to evaluate? I am a 3-3v on the scale.

World Class HT-Dr. Ron Shapiro 6/29/2009 4792 FU Total Hairs-9731

You can expect to be treated with the utmost respect...Dr. K does all the consults himself, he will ask you what you expect to acheive, and he will tell you what he thinks is realisticly possible...He will inspect for scalp laxity..even if he suggests a certain amount of grafts, when doing the actual surgery, if he thinks that attempting to remove to much donor tisue,(to reach to graft #'s he quoted), will comprimise your scar and healing, he will not push the limit...very ethical and proffesional IMHO... By the way..there is no movie watching..You are laid back eyes covered to protect you from the bright lights and Dr. K hard at work up top...It's a real surgical room...Unbeleivable...Ask him to give you a tour of the facility..and tell him Kaounis says Hi...

By the way tos7581, Dr. Shapiro is also a great surgeon...He was my second choice....not true..it was a coin toss...I really like them both equall....

Thanks for the advice! I am most likely going to be in the same situation, it will be a coin toss in the end but it may also come down to Dr K being 1 hour from my home also. I just feel that i need to consult with both. Thanks again!

What should i expect as far as the cost? Not really concerned about it but always something to be prepared for! I am a 3-3V on the Scale and they way it sounds i will be looking at a Max of 1800-2000 Graphs. Very similar to you as far as the procedure it sounds like.

I paid 10,000 for 1903 grafts, but my donor was also a bit like a scar revision at the same time, Dr. K took over an hour to remove the strip and suture the deep level, staples on the skin with trico., I am at 9 days today and my wife just removed 15 staples, another 15 to go on sunday...I had 87 in total------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a thought from the peanut gallery......