Temple Restoration

Hey hope your allwell,

bascially im tryin to find some good pictures of before and after shots for people who have had there temporal points restored, but at the moment i have only found a couple of photos, can anybody out there help me??

Regards

Temporal restoration is a very important part of hair transplantation. This is especially true if the case involves a hairline. Many hairlines will not look natural if temporal restoration is not performed at the same time. On the other hand it is probably the most difficult part of a hair restoration procedure. It must be done properly or a really negative outcome may occur. If you send me a message I will try to forward you some B&A's of temporal restoration.

Hey folks, thanks you all for takin the time to reply to my message, i appreciate it, just out of interest how many grafts roughly would it take to slighly improve the temporal points? i know this is hard to say, but a rough figure??

cheers men

It depends on how aggressive you go with the temple points and how much loss there is. I'd say anywhere from 300-700 per side, but most TPs I've seen done have been closer to the former. Also, temple points are very tricky to do because the hair is generally fine in that area, whereas the donor hair tends to be more coarse. That being said, make sure to chose your surgeon carefully (start with the coalition docs) and be sure to look at plenty of examples of his/her tp work.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Hey Maxxy and Haithere thanks for the info, just out of interest though, who would you guys say are the top surgeons for temple points? i want to shave my hair off but want to have the temples improved first,

I don't think there's any one doc who specializes in TPs, but docs whose artistry I would trust include: Feller, H&W, Alexander, Shapiro, Cooley, Arocha. There are others (check the coalition for starters) but those would be my top choices.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

• 2 weeks later...

hey, i will have a look at the coalition, cheers

also do you think i should have my hairline rounded off too? i know its hard to say as ive not provided a photo but i had 1000 grafts inplanted in my hairline and i think it may be alittle too straight

johnboy-

Actually, I have found that temporal point reconstruction, in general, is another one of those cases where "less is more". IMO, you don't want to aggressively recreate dense growth; only carefully place a minimal number of strategically placed grafts that suggest the presence of those important landmarks. This patient I recently posted actually is a good example of just that:

http://hair-restoration-info.c...21087683/m/120101082

Note the subtlety of the restoration; actually only about 75 grafts or so per side-

Hope this helps-

Timothy Carman, MD ABHRS

President, (ABHRS)
ABHRS Board of Directors

Hey Dr. Carman, That is fantastic looking temple point work and one of the first I have seen with such a low number of grafts per side. Gives me hope that I can finish my hair restoration and get my temple points back!