Nioxin

phl

I'm not sure if I posted this in the correct forum, but here goes ...

We all know the effects of DHT on thinning hair and the use of Propecia to prevent this, but how about the claims that using Nioxin shampoo will help rid the scalp of a parasite that invades the hair follicle and which also has an effect on thinning hair? I know a lot of guys have Nioxin as part of their daily routine but does the stuff work? Has anyone seen any noticeable improvement? (see link below)

[This promotional link was edited by the forum moderater]

I'm not sure if I posted this in the correct forum, but here goes ...

We all know the effects of DHT on thinning hair and the use of Propecia to prevent this, but how about the claims that using Nioxin shampoo will help rid the scalp of a parasite that invades the hair follicle and which also has an effect on thinning hair? I know a lot of guys have Nioxin as part of their daily routine but does the stuff work? Has anyone seen any noticeable improvement? (see link below)

[This promotional link was edited by the forum moderater]

No worries. No harm, no foul.

I cannot say that I have seen any conclusive evidence on Nioxin. I have used it off and on for years just because it really seemed to "thicken" up my hair. That was a good enough reason for me! If you do use Nioxin, I think that would be fine, but I would definitely add Nizoral 2% at least every third day.

-Robert

--------------------

As forum moderator and a Patient Advocate for the Coalition I'm available to answer any questions.

To view animations and videos and learn about leading hair restoration physicians visit http://www.regrowhair.com/our_physicians.asp

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Thanks. That's good enough for me. I haven't seen anything negative on Nioxin so I just ordered some online.

Is Nizoral useful for other than seb. conditions? I was told to use it once when I had a flareup of seb.derm.