Another Rogaine question

stamos

Hello. I am post op and have been advised to use Rogaine on the grafts twice a day and on the crown, where there are no grafts.

The question is if I can use it once per day only instead of twice because I am having a bath every evening and I have noticed that my hair with Rogaine look much better if I apply it after washing my hair. When I apply it early in the morning before leaving to work the feel very greasy.

You must apply it to your scalp twice a day for life to get and maintain any benefits. Research shows that using Rogaine (minoxidil) only once a day is ineffective.

This is a quote from the Hair Transplant Network regarding the use of Rogaine, indicating to be used twice else it is ineffective.

Also for how long I have to apply Rogaine in the front grafts? It suppose to help only in the crown and top of the head but also helps the grafts to grow better. When do I stop using it on grafts and continue only with the crown?

Thanks

Some people believe that after a year of twice a day application, you can go to once a day application. This is debatable.

"because I am having a bath every evening and I have noticed that my hair with Rogaine look much better if I apply it after washing my hair"

If you apply minoxidil after washing you hair, the hydrating effect of the hot shower allows the micronized minoxidil molecules to migrate quickly into the scalp.

"for how long I have to apply Rogaine in the front grafts? It suppose to help only in the crown and top of the head but also helps the grafts to grow better. When do I stop using it on grafts and continue only with the crown?"

You need to continue using minoxidil for the rest of your life. Whether you would like to skip one dosage per day and continue with the 2 ml on the next day is up to you.

take care...

Thanks a lot mmhce.

Just to clarify: it is too early now to start using it once per day? (after a month's use)

And after the grafts fully grow up, what is the reason keep using it on the grafts? The instructions clearly states to apply only on the crown.

"it is too early now to start using it once per day? (after a month's use)"

Yes.

"what is the reason keep using it on the grafts? The instructions clearly states to apply only on the crown."

That's due to the statistical boundaries and control volumes that were set up by the original pharmaceutical manufacturers (the patent holders I believe were Merck or Upjohn...can't remember now)

The pharmacological effect is potent throughout the scalp.

take care...

I personally believe a once per day application is sufficient.

The half life of Minoxidil on the scalp is 22 hours, so once a day in theory should be almost as effective as a twice per day application.

Personally I'd start with a once a day application, if you don't see results try twice a day.

Edit:

Do a search for Minoxidil or Roagaine half life to get other peoples oppinions.