Repair/FUE

So...I need FUE into my old strip scars.

Iam pretty sure all or most doctors need the area shaved to remove the grafts via FUE???

Problem being in my case is that if my hair is shave to a #1 OR #2 for FUE into the strip scars I will be left with alot of visable scaring during the healing process and then waiting for them to grow.

There is no way I can really grow my hair long at the back it would look real bad...mullet look. It's border line mullet right now with the back about 1/2 inches long.

The hair in the front is cut to a #2 guard...its the old mini's and mico's up front and have no choice at this time other then to cut them that short. If I grow them out...I look even worse.

I guess it would be kinda hard to cut one hair at a time and then remove it via FUE...and do 300 or so into the scars this way?

It would be so hard on me to walk around and do family stuff with all my scars showing for a couple of months.

I think Iam ready to get theses scars repaired and this problem is holding me back.

Any input guys would be great guys.

So...I need FUE into my old strip scars.

Iam pretty sure all or most doctors need the area shaved to remove the grafts via FUE???

Problem being in my case is that if my hair is shave to a #1 OR #2 for FUE into the strip scars I will be left with alot of visable scaring during the healing process and then waiting for them to grow.

There is no way I can really grow my hair long at the back it would look real bad...mullet look. It's border line mullet right now with the back about 1/2 inches long.

The hair in the front is cut to a #2 guard...its the old mini's and mico's up front and have no choice at this time other then to cut them that short. If I grow them out...I look even worse.

I guess it would be kinda hard to cut one hair at a time and then remove it via FUE...and do 300 or so into the scars this way?

It would be so hard on me to walk around and do family stuff with all my scars showing for a couple of months.

I think Iam ready to get theses scars repaired and this problem is holding me back.

Any input guys would be great guys.

• Moderators

I have pretty much the same problem. I have a lot of scars from old HTs when they made a new scar each session. I want to get a few of them cut out to make less scars and use the hair in between to fill in some other areas. Doing that would require me to shave my entire head. If I shave my head all of the scars will look really bad. In my job I wear a suit and have to deal with many people daily, so I'm not in an office all day and can't wear a hat. I figure I'd have to take at least a month off of work, but I'm not able to do it.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

BeHappy

Its a crazy way to live trying to hide your head...it takes alot out of ya.

Iam thinking mabe trying 100 FUE at a time..mabe I can hide the shaved areas a bit.

I have to get started on this soon...its really screwing up my life...and just like everyone else money is getting tight.

Please Grow

Geesh I read your post and think...ok mabe I can try Cole, but then on the other hand I see Leeson's post and changed my mind lol...Iam so confused on who to pick...the thinking go's on.