Flying home after transplant

I stayed 2 additional days after surgery. And to be honest, "wearing" the hat made it more obvious in my opinion than not wearing it. I mean you literally have the hat just resting on top of your head and not pulled down snug like usual.

This was a huge concern of mine pre-HT and to be honest, after it was all said and done, I just went to the airport hat off and didn't even care. No one even paid attention to me because they were more worried about getting to their flights. And again, the hat made me stand out more than not wearing it. So, I wouldn't worry about it too much. But good luck with it all!

One last thing. However, once my head felt comfortable wearing my "real" hat, then yes of course I wore it. I bought a nice and clean new hat that was a little loose and it was great. But the first few days I really didn't want to put a hat fully on just because of worrying myself with grafts etc.

I wore a bandana as I felt more comfortable with it than with a hat.

I believe flying the next day should be fine. In fact, you might want to fly out before the third day since that's the time when the swelling starts (at least it did for me).

I wore a bandana as well...I didn't feel comfortable wearing a hat. The only problem with wearing a bandana is people have a tendancy to look/sterotype you for wearing one. It wasn't a problem; I didn't have to remove it once and I even traveled internationally.