One Year Anniversary - Blog Updated

Hey Phil,

Thanks for the input. Never feel apprehensive about putting in your 2 cents. I value everyone's opinion and consider all advice.

The way I look at it is this; I've already spent 2500 grafts. Quite a few of those didn't grow but I do think that I've seen some slight improvement past the 12 month mark and I feel like there is still a little more to come. Dr. Alexander says that there are still some light, fine hairs that may mature over the next couple of months

I only want to lower the high points slightly. I showed Dr. Alexander where there is an abrubt change in angle as my hair rises from the temple points and that I thought the hairline should tie into that. He did a quick draw on me and it's really not a lot of area. In fact, even with the lower density that I have in my transplanted area I believe that, had my hairline already been there, I could have lived with it. My hairline will still be pretty mature and not in line with some of the more agressive ones I've seen and admire but I think it'll be a good fit for my face.

Lastly, I don't think I'd want to have 5000 grafts dedicated to my front third because I will most likely be needing crown work in a few years barring any revolutionary breakthroughs and depending how the meds work for me.

I've still got plenty of time to consider all my options so I appreciate hearing from you on this.

TTP

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website