i'm thinking to do a transplant..what do you think about it?

cripto

Hi,I'm italian and i'm 27.. first of all, sorry for my english..i'm on propecia since 3 or 4 years, every two days i use minox 5% and a cream with spironolacton 2% and progesteron 1% only for the temples.Now i loose a few hairs and my situation whit the medicinals is quite stable. I'm thinking to do a transplant, but i don't know how many graft i need to recover my hairline. what is your opinion? i'm thinking to do a FUE transplant, is a good choise for you? how will it cost approssimately?

Thank you so much..

davanti-capelli-tirati.jpg.1e5a1965578a0baf06dfc95da772df06.jpg

Hi,I'm italian and i'm 27.. first of all, sorry for my english..i'm on propecia since 3 or 4 years, every two days i use minox 5% and a cream with spironolacton 2% and progesteron 1% only for the temples.Now i loose a few hairs and my situation whit the medicinals is quite stable. I'm thinking to do a transplant, but i don't know how many graft i need to recover my hairline. what is your opinion? i'm thinking to do a FUE transplant, is a good choise for you? how will it cost approssimately?

Thank you so much..

I think you should stop and wait you are way too early to consider a transplant. I had a transplant because i was concerned about the same thing and a temple resecion . I was way too early too and have nothing but regret and depression. Think of what you have and not what you don't have.Stay with the propecia but DO NOT get into anything as life altering as a hairtransplant. It is not just a hairjob there are very few Drs. that can even do them right and the difference is night and day. The transplant I had has all but ruined my life.Do tons of research and see for yourself what can and cannot be done. Thank God you did not see an unethical Dr. to get an opinion. Forgetaboutit

"The first cut is the deepest." Cat Stevens

I agree with Mahair and arfy,

I would wait at least another 5 years. Then reevaluate your hair loss. You still have a considerable amount of hair. Most of us who have had a transplant would love to have as much hair as you do right now. Find a way to live with what you have. Focus and improve on other areas in your life. In my opinion a hair transplant should be the last resort.

Also there is a possibility you could loose some of your existing hair in the recipient area if you receive a HT. Shock loss in this area is not that uncommon.

Cam

Thanks a lot Mahair,Arfy,Cam. I think i'll follow your advice. I'll wait, at least, one or two years and then i'll think about it another time. And in the meantime i'll continue to read you and informe myself in all the ways.

At this point of my life i'm happy, whit my gilr,my job,friends and family.. just these hairs are a problem,for the most part with myself. But, like you told me before i have to watch what i have and what problems can cause a bad transplant.

Thanks and merry Christmas

crypto,

Ironically, your hair currently is what most of us would call a GOOD final state to a successful HT. I'd put it off unless it is REALLY eating at you.

The result of an HT should be "mature and recessed" to avoid looking weird later in life and reduce the risk of the need for additional HTs.

Not everyone shares my opinion on it, but in your case you are making the right call in "holding off".

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

-- If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

-- The truth only matters if you know about it.

sorry,vocor1,my english is not so good i'm not sure to have understood right..

you are told me that now is the moment to do a transplant,right?

in this case,which type of transplant do you suggest me? i'm thinking about FUE.. and if i can answer it, which surgeon?

anyway,transplant or not i'll wait the time necessary to do the right decision. Whit medicinals my situation is quite stable, year before or year after, the situation shall be quite the same, i think.

Thank you

cripto,

Arfy said it: I mean most want your current hair as their RESULT of an HT.

If I were you, I would NOT get an HT.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

-- If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

-- The truth only matters if you know about it.