propecia and minoxidil

imissthebarber

I've been using propecia for around 9 months with noticeable results. I've been told that the full results are not visible until 12-18 months.

I have been planning to try using rogaine as well. However, is it better to wait until I have seen the full effects from propecia first?

The reason I ask is that I read that rogaine can cause the loss of miniaturised hairs. I'm thinking if I wait that some miniaturised hairs could be strengthened by the propecia during that time? Or have I missed something?

I've been using propecia for around 9 months with noticeable results. I've been told that the full results are not visible until 12-18 months.

I have been planning to try using rogaine as well. However, is it better to wait until I have seen the full effects from propecia first?

The reason I ask is that I read that rogaine can cause the loss of miniaturised hairs. I'm thinking if I wait that some miniaturised hairs could be strengthened by the propecia during that time? Or have I missed something?

Hair grows in cycles.

You have to lose a miniaturised hair in order to grow thicker hair.

It doesn't matter, so long as you have active hair follicles capable of producing terminal hair.

take care...

Thanks for the feedback guys. I know that the best results come from using both together, I just wanted to check if there is an optimal way of using them together.

There is a point where miniaturised hairs are lost never to return. I wanted to make sure that minox short term effects don't send any follicles that way which could be protected by a few more months of propecia. Guess I'm probably being over-cautious.