couple questions post-op

Hi everyone,

I have had fue procedure to rebuild the front hairline. I have lots, hundreds of tiny scabs all over my hair grafts put in, they are making my grafted area look very dark, purple, almost black, the skin is white now, im 6 days post op now.

I want to get them off, as they are the only thing that is making it so visible to anyone, but im worried to damage the grafts.

also, I have these white strings, on top of the hairs, flat on there. some are quite long, kinda over the area, and I dont know what they are at all, I only found 1 post here the same problem and no answer to that so maybe you can help with that.

Many Thanks, and I thank you for your help

Hi everyone,

I have had fue procedure to rebuild the front hairline. I have lots, hundreds of tiny scabs all over my hair grafts put in, they are making my grafted area look very dark, purple, almost black, the skin is white now, im 6 days post op now.

I want to get them off, as they are the only thing that is making it so visible to anyone, but im worried to damage the grafts.

also, I have these white strings, on top of the hairs, flat on there. some are quite long, kinda over the area, and I dont know what they are at all, I only found 1 post here the same problem and no answer to that so maybe you can help with that.

Many Thanks, and I thank you for your help

Could be remnants of the gauze the techs us when blotting the area clean. Your only 6 days post op, if you need the scabs of gently massage them with your finger tips (NOT YOUR NAILS). Don't try and rush the process. People usually are told to wait until day 8 or so. At that point you can also soak your head in luke warm bath for about 20 minutes. This will soften all the crusts and you can gently massage them of with you FINGER TIPS.

Happy healing

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Wong

715 grafts at Bosley, 2004

3238 grafts by Dr.True, Mar 2008

3393 grafts by Dr. Wong, Jul 2009

ah okay thanks for your info. Ill leave the scabs well alone till 14 days I think. Might as well play it safe.

About the white stuff, i can see how it could be gauze definitely and the hair has pushed it on the top, i cant seem to get it off gently tho, cud it be fungus or something?? i cant find it anyway mentioned so im sure 1 person wud have had it.

I think it's very important you talk to your doctor, or at the very least get a doctor's opinion on here.

My understanding (I'm not a doctor) is that you actually want to get those scabs off as soon as possible. I think that the grafts are actually safer after those scabs go away. My doctor instructed me to get rid of them, and said it was important to do so.

he said wait 2 weeks, then i can begin to work off the scabs , but pretty much leave them at least 2 weeks after op, but i read so many mixed opinions on this. really i would rather get rid of them but i dunno what to do.....

m