booked with rahal

jbkg

hello guys

i have finally made my decision.

14 july 2009 is the date of the surgery with dr rahal.

i would be grateful if you could help me with some details:

what is the weather in ottawa on july?

does adams airport inn have an email address so that i can come in touch with them?

i didn't find any email address on adams airport inn website.

am i allowed to order by phone food from my hotel room?i think there is a restaurant near adams airport inn but i would prefer not to get out of my hotel room after my h.t.

can i use my european charger for my cellphone?

because i think europe and u.s.a/canada have some difference about electricity?

sorry if my questions are silly.

i hope you understand my questions.

thanks...

jbkg

hello guys

i have finally made my decision.

14 july 2009 is the date of the surgery with dr rahal.

i would be grateful if you could help me with some details:

what is the weather in ottawa on july?

does adams airport inn have an email address so that i can come in touch with them?

i didn't find any email address on adams airport inn website.

am i allowed to order by phone food from my hotel room?i think there is a restaurant near adams airport inn but i would prefer not to get out of my hotel room after my h.t.

sorry if my questions are silly.

i hope you understand my questions.

thanks...

jbkg

Lol , I must be too drunk if I'm replying to this but hey - I'm bored, so here you go.

Weather: Does it matter? you don't plan on leaving your room.

E-Mail: info@adamsairportinn.com

Food: They do a breakfast, if they don't have any other meal options in the hotel - I'm sure they won't mind you ordering food in, or take your own food in.

Charger: Your euro plug won't fit in a Canadian socket, just buy a cheap Canadian adapter/converter.

Good luck with your surgery.

P.S. you didn't look very hard :-P

Congratulations on booking a surgery date with Dr. Rahal.

I live in Ottawa and can tell you that the weather during the month of July can get quite hot and humid. Temperatures are typically 25 degrees Celsius during the daytime and may drop a bit in the evening to a more comfortable temperature for sleeping. Rain can be expected too. With all of this in mind, you'll likely want to pack items you can wear on hot and sunny days as well as rainy ones.

Oh, at the Adam's Airport Inn, the rooms have a mini fridge so you can store a few items of your own food. They also have free internet so you can keep us posted with how you are doing (no pressure of course!).

I hope this helps. If you need anymore guidance, please let me know.

Congrats on your choice of Doctor! I'm 2 days post-op with Rahal and connected to the net from my room at Adam's Airport as I type.

Originally posted by jbkg:

You can take food back to your hotel room. The staff just don't like visitors cooking inside the rooms. There is, however, a microwave downstairs near the front desk which is always available and once you've heated your meal, I don't believe the staff have any problems with taking the food back to your room. Every morning there's a constant stream of patrons taking their breakfast trays back to their room, so it's no problem.

Just one tip: If you plan to bring canned foods like soup or fish, you might want to ensure that you bring a can opener, bowl, spoon, knife, and fork with you, otherwise you'll just end up looking at the cans rather than eating their contents.

There's a strip mall not far from the Adam's Inn, easily within walking distance, where you'll find a supermarket. You can stock up on all of your food and drink items in advance and place them in the mini-fridge in your room so that you'll be fully stocked for several days after your HT surgery. Buy staple items such as cheese, milk, bread, and fruit, as well as lots of Gatorade (or Propel which is better, but sadly I couldn't find it), plus any other snacks you feel like.

The staff at Adam's Inn are all great and very friendly. I'm certain that they'd assist you with ordering meals after your surgery. There are Pizza stores and a lot of restaurants close to the inn, so you'd have a good selection.

Originally posted by jbkg:

Buy a European to USA/Canada adapter plug, man. They're relatively inexpensive and most travel agents should sell them.

Goldilocks: You live in Ottawa but you stayed at the Adam's Airport Inn -- how does that work? Or did you just read that on their site? icon_biggrin.gif

Goldilocks: You live in Ottawa but you stayed at the Adam's Airport Inn -- how does that work? Or did you just read that on their site? icon_biggrin.gif

No, I didn't stay in the hotel. I just looked up the information on their website and know a couple people who stayed there. icon_smile.gif

Guest comb

Hey jbkg, congrats on taking the plunge! I am also from Greece and went to Vancouver for my transplant with Dr Hasson.

How many grafts are you going for?

guys thanks a lot for your replies.

in the following weeks i will make a hairloss weblog.

geia sou comb,ti ginetai?

entiposeis apo ton dr hasson?

jbkg

Guest comb

jbkg, mono ta kalytera exw na pw gia ton Dr Hasson kai olh thn omada tou. Emeina sto Vancouver gia dyo evdomades kai pigaina kathimerina sthn klinikh, h empeiria mou htan akoma kalyterh apo o,ti perimena.

Den yparxei provlima me to delivery sta ksenodoxeia, alla xreiazesai adaptora gia North America gia ton ypologisth, thlefwno ktl.

All the best and looking forward to your blog!

hey jbkg,

i had my HT with Dr. Rahal on April 14, 2009...

He is an excellent surgeon so you will be in good hands...

I stayed at Adams airport Inn because it is a small quiet hotel and no one will see you plus the staff there are all familiar with Dr. Rahal patients so no need to worry...

Weather in Ottawa in July is usually at around 25 celsius, so should be pretty nice...

Dr. Rahal will give you dinner the day of your surgery to take back to the hotel with you so you don't need to leave the room...

Also, take a baseball cap with you so you can wear after Dr. Rahal takes the surgical hat off...You can't even notice you had a HT if you wear the cap...

hope this answers your questions...

guys thanks a lot for the info.

i contacted adams airport inn and booked a room.

do you recommend to stay in ottawa for 2 weeks so that dr rahal remove the stiches?

did you wear the surgical hat or a baseball cap

when you return to your home?

comb ,eida to blog sou,fenete poli kali douleia.

makari na pane ola kala file.

jbkg

Kai eyo eimai ellinas, apo to kanada...Eyo piya sto Dr. Konior sto Chicago...Den ithela na xiriso tin kefali mou...lol...Ton Dr. Rahal ton xero poli kala, kai yamo tous yiatrous, kai o Dr. Hasson einai telios..Sou efhomai kali epitihia jbkg, kai se sena tsatsara...lol...Otan tha ftaxis sin Ottawa jbkg, eimai 45 lefta apo to Dr. Rahal, ama thelis tipota boithia, PM me...Yiasas..

Just a thought from the peanut gallery...

Guest comb

Leeson, that's all greek to me icon_wink.gif

jbkg, thanks for the wishes, best of luck to you too, I'm sure you're gonna have a great result.

kaounis, I thought you might be greek from your username, all the best and good luck with your result!

Tsatsara-comb icon_biggrin.gif