Why does FUE regrowth seem to take longer??

It may be just an observation, but I have noticed that when comparing growth of transplanted hairs from FUE vs. strip, it is quite obvious, at least in people who will share their progress in photos, that FUE transplants seem to take much longer to "sprout".

Theoretically, if FUE is merely a "different extraction method", and that once extracted, the hair should grow as normally as hair extracted from strip, shouldn't we see the same relative results?....or, is there a feeling that perhaps FUE extraction is actually damaging the hair unknowingly, and as a result, "faulty grafts" are being transplanted??...

just curious as to what you physicians and patients think..this doesn't seem to be just an observation of one or two patients, but it seems to be the general rule....

------------------------------

4600 grafts/ 12/10/2003/ Dr. Jerry Wong

Aren't you glad you know me, and have such easy access to my dementia???

It may be just an observation, but I have noticed that when comparing growth of transplanted hairs from FUE vs. strip, it is quite obvious, at least in people who will share their progress in photos, that FUE transplants seem to take much longer to "sprout".

Theoretically, if FUE is merely a "different extraction method", and that once extracted, the hair should grow as normally as hair extracted from strip, shouldn't we see the same relative results?....or, is there a feeling that perhaps FUE extraction is actually damaging the hair unknowingly, and as a result, "faulty grafts" are being transplanted??...

just curious as to what you physicians and patients think..this doesn't seem to be just an observation of one or two patients, but it seems to be the general rule....

FUE should grown as normal as regular strip FU-- unless the FUE extraction damages/trama the FU? If you must have FUE, go to the best in that arena regardless of price and that is Woods-- he' the leader so far.

BUMP - still waiting to hear from any surgeon on this issue.....

I am almost 8 months from a 1k fue touch up with DR. Jones. I am just starting to sprout a hairline. This is my 4th surgury with one more to go. It was a scarred area so growth was painfully slow. This fue might work. I will know in another 2 months.