are hairtransplants a hassle

hello guys im new just joined,i want to have a hairtransplant but is it to much hassle and is it descrete like i mean to much hassle to get to the point were you haveing the sugery i perfer it to be like just going and haveing it done.since its embaracing for guys like us please respond guys.

and is it ok to go to any surgeon who is recommend on this site becouse isnt getting a hairtransplant like just going to get braces (example) doesnt matter were you go you will get it done am i right ? please correct my understanding on this

Hmmm....difficult to say. You should expect the following in getting a HT:

-- a long day of surgery where you sit still, laying in a chair watching movies, listening to music, etc.

-- a few week period to a few month period (depends) where you may look different (i.e. worse) than you did pre-op

-- several months of waiting till your result comes in, which takes ~1 year to fully develop

-- once done, you will have the hair and look you've worked and waited so long and hard to achieve for life

Just how dramatic a result you can achieve in one pass depends upon:

-- your level of loss

-- your physiology (how tight your scalp is, how dense your donor is)

-- the doctor you choose

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Ok. icon_smile.gif Getting a HT is *not* like getting braces! It matters as much or more than any other surgical practice in who you go to, IMHO. Doctors reccomended by this site (particularly, Coalition docs) have been chosen because their standards and quality of work go above and beyond the general pool of clinics that exist. The clinics have been vetted by the site, and as such represent the most elite collection of clinics that exist.

This doesn't mean that your research should just end here, however. There are many differences amongst the many doctors reccomended by this site, and it is in your best interest to do consultations (which are usually free) with a nice sample to then make a decision after comparing and contrasting.

-----------

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Europe has some fine surgeons, indeed. Are you in England? In England, the Farjo practice is the absolute best, hands down.

Dr. DevRoye is in Belgium and does excellent work and I find him to be personally most impressive.

You often can get travel $/discounts, btw -- so, not in Europe, but:

Feller and Shapiro in the U.S. are top notch.

Hasson&Wong and Rahal in Canada I am continually impressed by.

-----------

Oh, icon_wink.gif No offence intended mate. Better English than my German for sure.

Seems like you need to spend a few months on this site and others and research. HT's are a huge commitment and there are many pitfalls.

My family and friends don't know but it isn't easy hiding it. Longer hair can help.

Depends,

Your hair when you are 'less bald' can help add density and support the hair transplant, but that existing hair isn't necessarily always going to be there so it could make situations worse if you don't plan for the future.

A bald scalp can also receive a very good cosmetic improvement and some would say you are more likely to have a better long term result if your are more bald to begin with. Also no "shockloss".

Hi Robert

How old are you ? I would wait if I were you and spend plenty of time and do consultations with some surgeons on this site . Are you taking propecia ? take your time and do not rush or be pushed in to anything , it is a life changing decision and you want to get it right from the start

regards

ej

I'm going to Dr Bisanga in brussels, look him up on youtube, good results. Hes not a member on here, but he still does very good work.

I've been burned in England so I wouldnt recommend anyone here, except Farjo, although they dont offer fue and I wouldnt do strip for 1500 grafts at your age if I were you.

Prob better to try meds first imho.

I would agree that Shapiro and Feller are tops, and I would be going there, but dont really like flying long distances. H&W are also tops but dont offer fue, unless you dont mind a faint strip scar, then I would def consider H&W.

robert.you will not need anyone to take care of you you can resume most of your daily activities .no excercise or any thing like working out etc.but i have had 2ht and needed no help from anyone .ihad zero pain and even went to movies next day with my kids. so if you dont want anyone to know dont tell.and they wont know

robert ,

I think you need to do loads and loads and then loads more research ! get some consultations with docs from this site ask to see a patient either during or immiediatly after surgery .

I get the feeling your in too much of a hurry to get a hairtransplant I think you need to really take your time on this , i do not want to neg you out but please do some research ,check out some immediatley after op photos should give you good idea of procedure

take care mate

ej