New to the Group!

Firstly, thank you to all who contribute and enlighten others, like myself who are considering going ahead with an HT. It is obviously a difficult decision to make and this forum has given me the inspiration I need to take the plunge. Thank you.

Anyway, I am wanting to have an HT. I am a type 2 on the scale and need around 1500 grafts. I am a Brit based in California and am talking to Dr McGrath in Austin, Texas, Dr DeYarman in Cali and Dr Meshkin in Cali.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks gang.

• 3 weeks later...

TrueBrit,

I was at about the same level you are at now, and I had 1,600 follicular units done, so feel free to ask any questions. Just a side note, if you go with the surgeon in Austin and are wanting to combine vacation/surgery (and why not as long as you don't sunbathe your scalp?), Austin is a fantastic little city with a great music scene. Truly a gem of a place with friendly people!

Panama Jimmy

Hi there and thanks for the tips re HT's and Austin.

I actually went ahead with an HT with Dr Ross in La Jolla, Ca. I couldn't be happier with the experience. He and his entire team were fantastic from start to finish and I can already see that has given me exactly what I wanted. It was only last week so not much to see yet but judging from where the scabs/tiny hairs were placed, I'm sure I will delighted when they start to grow in properly.

I can't recommend Dr Ross' services enough. Excellent doctor.

Maybe I'll just go on vacation to Austin! I have heard great things about it!

True Brit,

Congratulations on your recent HT!

I hope you will keep us informed of your progress.

Cheers,

TTP

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Hey Brit,

I had my HT done 8 months ago and so far everything is going great. I am completely happy with my results. I am planning on having Dr. McGrath do one more session in the crown area in the next few months. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. I am more than happy to help!

Brandon