Any advise after surgery?

I go in next Thursday for 2000 hts. I have decent coverage now however I want to add some density so I get to go back to work on Monday. When you guys come home, what idea's can you give me to make the recovery comfortable as possible for those 3 days? What about sleeping? Do you guys lay a certain way? Most of my hair will be added in the crown area and towards the frontal area. With staples, sleeping on the back can be very hard. Anything you can add, please do. For some reason, I have all these crazy fears about doing this. I was excited up to today however I know it will pass. Anyway, anything you can add, please do.

The first few days might be quite bad while trying to sleep. There will be overall discomfort and uneasiness both in the recipient as well as the donor regions. However, pain relievers can help ease these.

Things start getting much better around the 2-week period, especially after the sutures/staples are taken out.

My patients rarely complain of any pain in the recipient area. There is usually 2-3 days of discomfort in the donor area. Pain relievers such as Vicodin or Tylenol#3 does wonders for most patients. A small percentage of patients have pain in the donor area that may last up to 1-2 weeks post-op. Using soft pillows also helps.

The pain or uneasiness will be there, till the staples come out. A neck pillow and a gel pack under the donor was very helpful. The gel pack does not have to be cold. Vicodin will most certainly help with the pain, however I just took it for the first two nights.