Dr. Wong/4295 Grafts/One Session/ 3 years post-op

This California patient came to Dr. Wong to thicken his thinning hair as much as possible. What is interesting to note is that at first glance it is easy to assume that the patient needs only a small number of grafts however after further consideration the argument for more grafts is made.

This patient had diffused thinning in the hairline and the frontal half as well as the crown with the mid-scalp having higher density. To avoid permanent shock loss Dr. Wong shaved the entire recipient area to better visualize the empty spaces and the angle and direction of the remaining native hairs. The benefit was two fold in that the new grafts grew in to match the angle and direction of the native hairs for a natural appearance and the native hairs were not damaged thus no permanent shock loss occurred. The final result presented below has the appearance of a full head of hair due to the careful recipient area preparation in addition to the coarse, wavy nature of his hair.

4295 Grafts

Singles - 1372

Doubles - 2413

3/4 - 510

975101156_A3BB8060CE40E3280E238377407291AB.JPG.thumb 875101156_047426FE51C4F22C40555EA72E7248F9.jpg.thumb 775101156_9DDCCE763CF4281A2E99460BB217222A.JPG.thumb 675101156_32BA1368B663A0F81DE2999A984FD2E9.JPG.thumb 575101156_359D582C242C7CC315F1260F34BF089B.JPG.thumb 475101156_10F1E1C8EDD994EB42B21BF80561E4F1.JPG.thumb 375101156_7BC647C1A9E4DEE44446C22BFB2DC55F.JPG.thumb 285101156_B8B8B7A33C0D5CC2B0C6018B5DBE6B59.JPG.thumb 275101156_2AC83F3095C4661ECCC0D81C1A8A7AA1.JPG.thumb 185101156_B668C1D4D453E9EBADA6B5D84CF8E4FE.JPG.thumb 175101156_3039697936AE09102813CBFC8576B921.JPG.thumb

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Let's be real here,the diference in length and the dye job make it hard to judge these pics.

Have any early post ops of graft placement?

He looked a lot better with dark hair,now he looks artificial and *edited my comment as to not hurt anyones feelings icon_smile.gif *

Bump to add HD video.

Dr. Wong patient/4295 Grafts/One Session/HD Video

Vincehair,

I encourage you to view the video (be sure to enlarge it to full screen) and fast forward to the 2:00 mark and then tell me how the extra 3/4 of an inch in length makes it hard to see the increase in density.

In addition, I take issue with your personal comments about the appearance of the patient. If you do not like the result or cannot see the obvious improvement then that is fine but to call a patient creepy and artificial looking is simply uncalled for.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

vincehair,

Joe is right It's one thing to comment on a patient's result. But to cast personal insults at patients who are generous enough to allow their pictures to be posted on our forum is inappropriate and uncalled for.

The right thing to do here would be to edit your own comment and apologize for insulting this patient.

Bill

I didn't realise saying that his new hair color made him look "creepy" would be taken so hard by you guys. Wasn't mean to insult this guy. That was my honest initial reaction.

Jotronic,i was commenting on the PICTURES not the video you posted afterwards thank you. When someone changes the length AND color of their hair it makes judging results harder. Don't act like it doesn't.

Why didnt' you just post graft placement pics to begin with so we can all see exactly where the hair went?

Yes H&W are the GODS of Ht's on here but the way you always take issue & have an attitude with someone who deosnt agree with you makes it seem like YOU have something to do with those great results... when you DON'T.

When I first posted my results at 12 months a few guys commented that they couldn't judge it because my hair was longer than it was in the pre-ops. But I grew my hair into a longer style because I was now able to do that and it was a style I wanted. It's ridiculous to expect a patient to stick to the style he had pre-op just so you can get a better feel for the HT.

Vince, I agree, immediate post-op pics are great to have, but the bottom line is the patient is happy and he clearly has a fuller head of hair, regardless of color or length.

Regarding the creepy comment--kind of uncalled for, don't you think?

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Vince,

I appreciate that you edited your original comment and apologized. However, why are you now harping on Joe? I do not see any evidence that he gave you an attitude. He simply called you out for an inappropriate remark and challenged you to view the video and answer a question.

You are entitled to your opinion and for the record, I do tend to agree that a change in hair color sometimes makes it more difficult to evaluate the result. But there are ways to share your opinion without insulting or antagonizing others.

Bill

Joe,

I think this patient got great results from Dr Wong.

This guy does not look creepy. He is just an average guy trying to improve his hair. i think he looks great and it is another outstanding job by Dr Wong.

Hasson&Wong, IMO are the best in the field of hair restoration.

Joe, you put yourself out on this forum and others forums which shows that you and the clinic you work for have nothing to hide.

I have the greatest respect for you as a patient advocate and Hasson&Wong!

I am leaning toward H&W for my future HT! I live Ohio where we have a fine Doctor in Dr Bob Haber. But I have to say I haven't seen the results from Dr Haber that I have seen from H&W. That is not a knock on Dr Haber, he is a great HT Doc, but no one can dispute the work of H&W

Keep up the great work!

Johnny4Hair

Vincehair,

My reaction has nothing to do with your opinion of the result presented. I only commented because I didn't like the specific wording you used regarding this patient's appearance overall aside from his HT results. The patient is a visitor to this site so I appreciate your follow up comments regarding the situation.

Regarding the post-op pics, there are none, which is why none were posted.

Johnny,

Thanks for the support, it is appreciated.