Input Requested For The Potential Recommendation of Dr. Gokhan Gür FUECAPILAR

• Administrators

As most of you know, we request input from our patient-based community and our recommended physicians before we approve a surgeon for a recommendation. Dr. Gokhan Gur has become an internet/ forum darling amongst our community. He provides exceptional results at an affordable price, and most of all he is ethical.

As a result, we are now considering him for a potential recommendation. Our recommended surgeons must meet our high community standards of performing refined follicular unit grafting while achieving consistently high yields, high density, and coverage. We expect our recommended surgeons to be capable of dense-packing follicular unit grafts and have the capacity and staffing to transplant thousands of follicular units per session while maintaining an acceptable appearance to the donor.

Additionally, our recommended surgeons must be willing to operate transparently, knowing that their patients may come to our forum and review them right after surgery. Transparency builds trust and accountability, which is the foundation of credibility. That is why our list of recommendations is unlike any other on the internet. We use our community's collective knowledge and input, including our recommended physicians. Our recommendations are peer-reviewed. 

Why we Feel Dr. Gur is worthy of our recommendation. 

Dr. Gur was one of the first Turkish surgeons to master the FUE technique, which has become the most popular surgical technique in the hair restoration industry. Dr. Gur began performing FUE procedures in 2003. He was also one of the first surgeons in Turkey to perform body hair transplants (BHT). Dr. Gur is personally involved in every procedure, from the initial consultation to graft extraction and post-operative care. Depending on thepatient'ss donor characteristics, Dr. Gur utilizes patient's punches ranging from 0.8mm to 1mm in diameter. He creates all recipient sites/channels using sapphire blades under 1 mm. Gur's experienced nurses place the grafts into the pre-made sites. Dr. Gur performs a trichoscopic analysis on each patient to ensure they are candidates for surgery. This is an essential aspect of hair transplant surgery that is largely ignored. 

All the extractions are done with a mixture of micromotor  punches.

Dr. Gur will never extract all the grafts in one go. The surgery is carried out over two days when a patient requires more than 3,000 grafts. Extractions do not exceed 1,000 grafts before implanting into the balding areas.Dr. Gur only uses pre-made slits. 

View Dr. Gur's Website HERE

As always, we learn through our collective knowledge and experiences. I look forward to hearing your input and feedback.

Below are some patient reviews:

Below is some clinic-posted results:

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I think he should be recommended. I honestly thought he already was but maybe that was other forum 😄.

He is a very good budget option according to me. Btw i dont think you needed to post past results as we got 5 of them  today itself which justifies his good work. Maybe that is why we got bombarded with his results today. JK.

I think pros are evident : clean work in a good budget. Great donor management.

Out of the only 2 cons : first one (minor) , which to some is also a plus is that he sometimes take more conservative approach than desired for hairline . which make you look slightly older than what you would have liked after a HT. That does benefit in long term as more grafts available for future and less chance of shock loss.This is a con for people looking for very aggressive hairline work. 

The other one is motorized extraction but at that budget i dont think manual is possible as it would have been time taking and price would have increased. Also obviously comfort of surgeon on that tool. if he is getting good results on it then its fine. They use customized tool but i still think manual may have an edge over motorized.

Edited by duckling
  • Like 2

• Administrators

@duckling

Thanks for your input, though, I don’t think motorized vs. manual punches make a difference. It’s all about the skill of the surgeon. Tools are as only good as the person using them.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Valued Contributor

Yes from me...i liked his work and i infact recommend him to many people who want a good surgeon in a budget...

• Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

I would like to see higher resolution pictures of the results before giving my opinion. Can't recommend anyone without seeing HD close ups, with the hair wet and dry and slicked back, all taken from the same angles with the same lighting as the befores with a  proper camera (which is not expensive, 500€ buy a pretty good one) and not a phone.

"Mature hairline" is euphemism for balding.

Now this is a Dr that I believe to be worthy of recommending, been a fan of his work for quite a while now. 
Turan and Gur are often mentioned on the same breath but they are good Drs in their own right. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, NegativeNorwood said:

I would like to see higher resolution pictures of the results before giving my opinion. Can't recommend anyone without seeing HD close ups, with the hair wet and dry and slicked back, all taken from the same angles with the same lighting as the befores with a  proper camera (which is not expensive, 500€ buy a pretty good one) and not a phone.

Check out @Grant Giller results on YouTube, pretty HD.

View my thread

58 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Check out @Grant Giller results on YouTube, pretty HD.

It's a phone quality video posted by a patient, light in the 12 months result is a bit low and can't see much. The clinic has to post standarized, before and after pictures by itself, so anyone can judge the results consistently and accurately. I wouldn't go to any place that doesn't have before and afters taken with a proper camera, same lighting, angles, hair dry, wet and slicked back, regardless of reputation, price or endorsement.

• Like 1

"Mature hairline" is euphemism for balding.

He along with Dr Turan are beloved in Hair loss Conquerors Facebook group as a cheap budget option yet providing good results.

The only criticism I have seen when you Google “dr Gur bad review” is this topic

But there’s nothing like botched jobs or anything super bad so he gets a +1 from me.

Edited by Turkhair
  • Like 1

It’s a yes from me

Theres a wealth of cases around with very good results both directly from the clinic and independent patients. A very solid option you can put your faith in. 

Surprised his rates are still in line with several Turkish ‘mills’. He’s earned the right to bump his prices up a little and I think It’s a disservice to call him a ‘budget’ option. (I’ve no relationship with this clinic btw before anyone thinks I’m a shill 🤣).

• Like 1

Gur strikes me as a safe, budget-friendly doctor in Turkey. While I'm not thrilled with his results, I don't see any harm in recommending him. He doesn't see more than 2 patients a day (from what I hear) and I haven't seen a true "botch" job from him + his results are very predictable, so he has consistency and ethics going for him.

There's other Turkish doctors who ought to be recommended before him (Pekiner / Kesser), but in the scheme of things, this is fine.

Edited by Z--
  • Like 2

• Melvin- Admin changed the title to Input Requested For The Potential Recommendation of Dr. Gokhan Gür FUECAPILAR
On 5/31/2023 at 10:51 AM, NegativeNorwood said:

It's a phone quality video posted by a patient, light in the 12 months result is a bit low and can't see much. The clinic has to post standarized, before and after pictures by itself, so anyone can judge the results consistently and accurately. I wouldn't go to any place that doesn't have before and afters taken with a proper camera, same lighting, angles, hair dry, wet and slicked back, regardless of reputation, price or endorsement.

Agree with this 100%.

• Like 1

• Moderators

With so many people wanting to go to Turkey for hair transplants these days, it's good to have several recommended Turkish Drs that we can point to and say "These are the ones you should be looking at."

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Administrators

I want to thank everyone for their input. Collectively coming together and reviewing and discussing a surgeon's track record is more valuable than you know. Many surgeons apply, but very few become recommended. 

Please join me in congratulating our newest member Dr. Gokhan Gur of @FUECAPILAR. We feel that Dr. Gur produces top-notch work at a reasonable price. Anyone looking for reasonably affordable quality work should look no further than Dr. Gur. Feel free to submit a virtual consultation with Dr. Gur below.

https://hairtransplantnetwork.com/dr-gokhan-gur

• Like 2
  • Well Done 2

View my thread