please Help identify how much grafts would I need?

I am 28 years old from India and I have been wanting to go for a Fue hair transplant to lower my hairline and fill both sides. I have shown some clinics here and they are saying approx 2000 grafts would be required for a dense hairline

can you guys please suggest me if 2k grafts would ideally be required or are they overestimating ? I was thinking more like 1200-1400

3343C7C6-ED6E-4DE6-A984-372BB632FF8F.jpeg

70CDC05B-5E96-4516-8438-841BA96C1993.jpeg

66050085-C6F3-4894-9486-3492CEE21092.jpeg

6F70B9E8-5996-4FBF-AB51-AFFB37854FA4.jpeg

F2B659A5-5FFB-4C3F-A6AA-E7657D1F584D.jpeg

do you need a hair transplant at this stage ??, have you tried using any medications to strengthen ur hair first, also in India there are hardly 1 or 2 clinics who can do proper hairline transplant so do your research properly and take your time !!! 

3 minutes ago, WoundedWolf said:

do you need a hair transplant at this stage ??, have you tried using any medications to strengthen ur hair first, also in India there are hardly 1 or 2 clinics who can do proper hairline transplant so do your research properly and take your time !!! 

yes sir I am pretty sure I want one as over the last year I have been getting a lot of comments from my family and relatives that I am losing hair on the sides. This has certainly lowered my confidence and self esteem.

I have tried minoxidil and finasteride for 3 months. I don't think they made a lot of difference but sure did give me worst Manhood problems and I would never touch them again.

I was considering Eugenix but they are completely out of my budget

2 minutes ago, forexworld12 said:

yes sir I am pretty sure I want one as over the last year I have been getting a lot of comments from my family and relatives that I am losing hair on the sides. This has certainly lowered my confidence and self esteem.

I have tried minoxidil and finasteride for 3 months. I don't think they made a lot of difference but sure did give me worst Manhood problems and I would never touch them again.

try using minoxidil only for a few more months + some PRP sessions, take ur time there is no hurry you are just 28, because if u are considering HT then you better do it in a correct way from a proper experienced surgeon , not in hurry, because correcting it is more headache,  I got it done from my own family doctor but it was a mess and again i had to go for repair so you got only 1 shot take your time do thorough research in this forum see and read other cases, see the hairlines 

• Like 1

@forexworld12 Hello, in my opinion 1500-1700 grafts should give you good coverage. You can have a consultation with Eugenix and wait till you can afford a hair transplant with them. I had a failed procedure around 40 months back. I’m been taking time since then. Finally, I’m financially stable enough to go for Eugenix. So, technically it’ll always be a better option to wait and go for the best option you’ve.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, forexworld12 said:

actually if you got sexual sides then stop finasteride but you can take topical minoxidil. It will help a little atleast. It wont fight DHT but it doesnt look like you have very bad AGA. (atleast for now) 

You can try eugenix lowest package and if that is out of budget then i think its a little tricky as they are good with hairline in india but not sure who designs the hairline in lowest package. if its still out of budget then you can consider others, they may not be popular here or known here but might give good results. (its a risk though in my opinion going for HT this early when you are only norwood 2 and also not going with one who are proven for their work ).  

To be honest your situation is not bad. people will think you are balding due to hairline and comment but people who are actually bald here ( higher norwood) can confirm you that you are in great condition. You can consider different hairstyles and hair length to hide it or use it more better. 

coming to graft count: use 1500 max and dont lower it too much.

Edited by duckling
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, forexworld12 said:

If it gave you side effects its acceptable you quit, howeaver 3 months is not a good time for a proper measurement of your success using the drug.

Sometimes nocebo happens and people get "side effects" because of the horror stories they read on the internet.  

You could at least stick to Minoxidil to delay further loss. I am going to tell you the same thing I have told other users though. If you are set to go down this path, be prepared for multiple surgeries across the years as your hair loss moves forward because without a 5AR, chances are high that you will receed in the future. 

• Like 1

thank you everyone for the positivity and humble response.  I do agree there are hardly any reputed clinics here in my city and all those that I went to were quoting 2000+ grafts and I am not sure how well they can do a hairline

I will try using minoxidil 2.5 % only for a couple of months and in the meantime Save up money so that I can afford Eugenix lowest package