would surgical ht be an option for me?

berkserk

I am 44 years old and I live in the US but I am originally from Turkey. I started losing hair during my mid 20's and hair loss is pretty common among my family. Recently, I started to think whether HT would be an option for me, but I am concerned about the outcomes. There are clinics out there who are doing unethical business and giving false promises just to grab your money. I am not concerned about the cost but I would not want go through all the pain and hassle, if there won't be any significant difference. My expectation from HT would be to have density over my top and crown area. I have seen lot of people going to Turkey just to get HT, luckily I visit Turkey almost every year. If you think HT is an option for me, I would like to hear which doctors in Turkey are the best with top area hair restoration. I would like to hear your thoughts and suggestions. 

5.jpg

Inked2.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

Edited by berkserk

• berkserk changed the title to would surgical ht be an option for me?
  • Administrators

Honestly, it’s gonna take at least 8k grafts, you will require multiple surgeries. The donor looks sparse. You will need to get your donor checked for miniaturization. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

If it is possible then it will take the right Dr/Approach. Someone that’s skilled with the highest Norwood levels, you’re at least NW6 heading to NW7 looking at the dipping in you’re crown and those sides perhaps dropping too. 
Much as there are some decent Drs/Clinics in Turkey, I don’t think any are right for this case. Look toward Dr Pittella, Dr Zarev, Fuegenix, Dr Sethi, @DrTBarghouthiDr Bisanga and Dr Feriduni (these are just some examples) look for results from a similar starting position to yourself.

A master plan is needed, this will definitely involve multiple hts, starting meds (Fin/Minox) as quite a few clinics will ask you’re on these before even considering you as a patient. Of course a lot of clinics (hair mills etc) would just accept you but you really do need someone that’s proven to be particularly competent/consistent in the highest levels of loss. 

First things first though… get you’re donor area checked! 

Edited by BRITA-XL
  • Like 1

you are going norwood 7 and the safe donor area which even the norwood 7 people have is facing miniaturization for you. 

you can get it checked with trichoscopy . take medications for DHT like finasteride or dutasteride. take maybe oral minoxidil to improve your donoror use topical version of it incase oral is not prescribed. if any vitamins are laking after blood tests then take meds for those too like vitamin d, b12, biotin , zinc ,iron ( a multivitamin tablet will do) . use nizoral (ketocanazole ) shampoo. if you get good results then you can go for HT else its a little tough road.

with meds journey till HT and after it becomes easy as it helps your existing hairs stay and tries to even regrow some lost hair. without meds unless you are a lower norwood in higher age group its going to be tough especially if your safest donor area is also getting miniaturized ( atleast from pics it looks like it).

keep hope 🙂  and give meds a try if your dermatologist says your donor is fine or can be kept intact for a HT with meds. its an uphill battle i will be very honest.