Farmacia Parati vs. anagenica.com

olmert

1. Whose topical dutesteride will work better? 

2. Whose topical dutesteride is cheaper?

3. About how much are each?   

Minoxidil pills are covered by my insurance. So is finasteride pills, but they end my libido.

Money isn't unlimited with me, as with some of you. So which topical finasteride is cheap? I'm already planning to pay a fortune for CosmeRNA.

Edited by olmert

i dont think anagenica uses the same vehicle as parati. paratis uses this gel that also xylon uses (or at least its very similar) while anagenica uses a normal vehicle which has higher chances of going systematic

i see little use in anagenica, could just take it orally then

you will get the prices if you email parati; its dose and concentration dependend and also where you live (shipping)

all the info is on the anagenica website in regards to pricing, but its around 80 euros for a bottle of the their topical dut.

cannot say which works better at this point. i ordered from anagenica last week, and its in shipping now. will be trying for the first time when it does arrive.

i thought xyon's gel formula was patented/unique only to them. maybe melvin can clarify.

i ultimately ended up choosing anagenica based off other forum members reccs, but with only a 1x week application.

i was considering xyon but the higher strength(2%), and price turned me off. i did not like that you had to keep paying consultation fees for each renewed subscription. i personally feel that it should only apply to your first bottle, not each time after. but this is just personal preference.  

2 hours ago, 12345 said:

i was considering xyon but the higher strength(2%), and price turned me off. i did not like that you had to keep paying consultation fees for each renewed subscription. i personally feel that it should only apply to your first bottle, not each time after.

You've been duped by marketing. Xyon could, just as easily, have upped the price per bottle and totally gotten ride of all consult fees. That is actually what anagenica does. 

Now, there are good reasons not to get Xyon. Maybe you aren't rich, and Xyon costs the most. Also there will never be large scale studies to prove Xyon causes less systemic effects. 

But a very bad reason not to get Xyon is how they break up the price between bottles and consult fees.  You're taking a stand on principle without realizing the only principle here is marketing. 

Edited by olmert

• Administrators

Farmacia parati is similar to Xyon, but not exactly. Xyon does have a patent. I’ve heard getting through to them is a problem, but I’ve also heard poor customer service from Angenica. I would personally choose Farmacia Parati out of the two. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, olmert said:

You've been duped by marketing. Xyon could, just as easily, have upped the price per bottle and totally gotten ride of all consult fees. That is actually what anagenica does. 

Now, there are good reasons not to get Xyon. Maybe you aren't rich, and Xyon costs the most. Also there will never be large scale studies to prove Xyon causes less systemic effects. 

But a very bad reason not to get Xyon is how they break up the price between bottles and consult fees.  You're taking a stand on principle without realizing the only principle here is marketing. 

you have totally ignored everything else I have written such as

1)anagenica being recommended by another user

2)the fact that xyon is a higher strength dut at 2%

but instead chose to focus on my reason for not choosing xyon due to the price.

not sure why you ask questions, but then get upset when the responses are not what u want to hear. 

The only thing I was duped in was wasting my time responding to this post twice. 

On 5/23/2023 at 2:01 PM, 12345 said:

you have totally ignored everything else I have written such as

I didn't ignore anything. You gave multiple reasons. I said one reason sucked. I didn't comment on the other reasons because I had nothing to add on them. 

On 5/23/2023 at 1:47 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

I would personally choose Farmacia Parati out of the two.

What is their website? I could not find it on google. I am trying to assess all my options, their costs, and estimated efficacy before deciding whether to take the plunge and go with the expensive Xyon. I also got to consider whether there is room in my budget for CosmeRNA. Using CosmeRNA and Xyon is one pretty penny. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, olmert said:

I didn't ignore anything. You gave multiple reasons. I said one reason sucked. I didn't comment on the other reasons because I had nothing to add on them. 

What is their website? I could not find it on google. I am trying to assess all my options, their costs, and estimated efficacy before deciding whether to take the plunge and go with the expensive Xyon. I also got to consider whether there is room in my budget for CosmeRNA. Using CosmeRNA and Xyon is one pretty penny. 

Are you in the US or Canada? I think Farmacia Parati is marginally cheaper than Xyon when you compare the actual dutasteride concentration.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Are you in the US or Canada? I think Farmacia Parati is marginally cheaper than Xyon when you compare the actual dutasteride concentration.

I'm in the USA.

On 5/26/2023 at 1:16 AM, ITA said:

It's an Italian pharmacy

But I can't find topical dutesteride on the website you gave. Can you give a link to actual topical dutesteride? 

16 hours ago, olmert said:

Ma non riesco a trovare dutesteride topico sul sito web che hai fornito. Puoi fornire un collegamento all'attuale dutesteride topico? 

You could send them an email, and ask if they can provide it to you.

9 hours ago, Gatsby said:

If you email them they will take a few days to get back to you. You have to tell them what dose you want (eg 0.25ml topical finasteride, etc).

11 hours ago, ITA said:

You could send them an email, and ask if they can provide it to you.

They emailed back "good morning, do you have a medical prescription?" 

What do I do? I'm nervous that they don't think they are allowed to send me the dutesteride. 

8 hours ago, olmert said:

Hanno risposto via e-mail " buongiorno, hai una prescrizione medica?" 

Cosa devo fare? Sono nervoso perché non pensano di potermi mandare il dutesteride. 

Yes, they always require a prescription from a doctor, even for oral minox I had to send it to them via email, without that, I don't think you'll be able to get it sent to you.

33 minutes ago, olmert said:

Dove trovo una sceneggiatura? A che dosaggio serve lo script? 

I have no idea, it’s the doctor who has to prescribe the dosage.

I have used 2 products out of the 3 in question h

The main advantage with Anagenica is that they don't ask for a prescription so that makes it easier to get. It's pharma grade and safe dosages. Customer service not great as Melvin said, sometimes you have to wait 3-4 days to be able to pay, after that it's all good with delivery.

Parati makes a great product but tricky to use with longer hair, it's like putting glue on your head and makes it messy and stick so it has to be used at night and washed in the morning, I had great results with it however but you will need a prescription.

Overall it's just easier for me to get it from Anagenica (I am not using it right now) but both will get the job done

Never tried Xyon but sounds like it would work great as well.

In terms of strength I suggest not going higher than 0.1% and no more than twice a week but that's just my experience.

4 hours ago, mustang said:

I have used 2 products out of the 3 in question h

The main advantage with Anagenica is that they don't ask for a prescription so that makes it easier to get. It's pharma grade and safe dosages. Customer service not great as Melvin said, sometimes you have to wait 3-4 days to be able to pay, after that it's all good with delivery.

Parati makes a great product but tricky to use with longer hair, it's like putting glue on your head and makes it messy and stick so it has to be used at night and washed in the morning, I had great results with it however but you will need a prescription.

Overall it's just easier for me to get it from Anagenica (I am not using it right now) but both will get the job done

Never tried Xyon but sounds like it would work great as well.

In terms of strength I suggest not going higher than 0.1% and no more than twice a week but that's just my experience.

for ppl just starting to use topical dut who had sides from fin(oral n topical). do you suggest spacing it out every 7 days, or even up to 10 days before the next application?

5 hours ago, 12345 said:

for ppl just starting to use topical dut who had sides from fin(oral n topical). do you suggest spacing it out every 7 days, or even up to 10 days before the next application?

Anagenica's instructions say to start out once a week, and eventually rise to 3 times a week. 

I was bold and started at 3 times a week. I definitely felt sex effects. So I stopped taking it for 5 days, and the sex effects were gone, I think. I am going to compromise and try twice a week. 

If I were you, I would risk it and start with 3 times a week. It is true, though, that some people have gotten permanent sex effects from oral finasteride; it continued even after the pills stopped.