Mastering Donor Area Extraction in Hair Restoration Surgery - Dr. Munib Ahmad - FueGenix - The Netherlands

The more we, as hair surgeons, focus on achieving good results, the less attention is diverted from the donor area. This is an equally important factor in ensuring patient satisfaction.

I have made a video showcasing the donor area of a patient after 2530 grafts. It’s important to note that this type of hair/scalp is particularly challenging when it comes to visible scarring due to the following factors:

• There is a high contrast between the patient’s black hair and white skin.
• The hair is thin.
• The donor hairs have a spiky appearance, pointing more outward instead of lying flat against the back of the head.
• The patient has a fade haircut.

Please take these factors into consideration when evaluating the video. If you observe closely, you will notice the small scars that typically appear after surgery.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, blacki said:

very nice but the price is incredibly expensive(18k - 25k)!

as long as people are willing to pay it, he can do it. in the end hairtransplants are a luxury procedure/product just like sportscars or watches, so i dont see any moral obligations to offer it for cheap and accessible for the masses.

he is one of the best at that craft

i see now though why that clinic doesnt really share prices online though 😅

Edited by mr_peanutbutter
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

„The donor hairs have a spiky appearance, pointing more outward instead of lying flat against the back of the head"

i have that too, what exactly makes this more challenging? 

Because of this there is more see through on the scalp. If the hairs fall flat on the back of the head, there is almost noo see through. This is also like this with asian hair. 

Hope that clarifies it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DrMunibAhmad said:

Because of this there is more see through on the scalp. If the hairs fall flat on the back of the head, there is almost noo see through. This is also like this with asian hair. 

Hope that clarifies it. 

yes perfect, thank you