Dr. Arocha | Phase 1 of a 2-Phase Advanced NW 6

This patient came to Dr. Arocha as an advanced NW 6. Dr. Arocha decided on a two-phased approach. The first phase consisted of a 2500 graft FUE hair transplant, focusing on the frontal to mid-scalp area. He recently came in for his one-year followup and had forgotten the extent of his hair loss. He is scheduled to come back for phase two of his restoration, which will consist of adding density and further reinforcing the hairline. 

Before:

Before2500FUE-2.thumb.jpg.1765cbf0267a0aa1751e8749743c18b4.jpg

Before with plan:

Before2500FUE-2withplan.thumb.jpg.0b1adc4c5ab9909c4fb2873eee67784e.jpg

After:

After2500FUE-2.thumb.jpg.89f16f855640bc525ab6f57ec17051a6.jpg

Before:

Before2500FUE-1.thumb.jpg.9ed24d79807e66e2b3db7d8218a3f2ec.jpg

After:

After2500FUE-1.thumb.jpg.a982f73a9da9ed547a8032ae2e01aa29.jpg

Before:

Before2500FUE-3.thumb.jpg.8a5b51e37fd50615c300da56db104a17.jpg

After:

After2500FUE-3.thumb.jpg.31f10d68446654f44cf197dd159b4aad.jpg

Before:

Before2500FUE-4.thumb.jpg.5f323943f65e3175bbd2923ba7eb7af7.jpg

After:

After2500FUE-4.thumb.jpg.1a5574f2cb1627fa0779678121799062.jpg

Before:

Before2500FUE-5.thumb.jpg.3ab0414c94dc860ab92352fd73d16533.jpg

After:

After2500FUE-5.thumb.jpg.71bd45689779246c88ea33088cc643b5.jpg

Before:

Before2500FUE-6.thumb.jpg.acaeb8b195e707ba85ae61f6bc96e130.jpg

After:

After2500FUE-6.thumb.jpg.1a5ec63e459d45f1a38ce8a5ec6ba733.jpg

Representative and Patient Educator for: Dr. Bernardino A. Arocha, Coalition Member. I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are mine.

3 minutes ago, coolbreeze said:

Is this person using any meds, and if so when did they start?

Good question! Meds were recommended. In fact, Dr. Arocha recommends Finasteride, Minoxidil, PRP and Laser for every patient. However, this particular patient has not started any meds. 

Representative and Patient Educator for: Dr. Bernardino A. Arocha, Coalition Member. I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are mine.

I agree, we want that one extra picture to evaluate the results. Because In before pic "the bird's eye view" was used but in results pic the hairline was used to hide the crown, midscalp area and also angle was changed.

• Valued Contributor
2 hours ago, BaldV said:

How can you see that it is excellent and natural? You cant see any detail as it is super blurry.

Its not super blurry ....the upper part is bit blurry but the hairline can be seen

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

On 4/7/2023 at 9:42 AM, duckling said:

I agree, we want that one extra picture to evaluate the results. Because In before pic "the bird's eye view" was used but in results pic the hairline was used to hide the crown, midscalp area and also angle was changed.

surgeons dont like to show the crown because with norwood 5/6 it will always remain a bit sparse. what you almost never see is the head from above and slightly behind because from that angle the crown looks the most less dense i think

the-back-of-a-boys-head-with-curled-hair

buuuut in that particular case its stated right from the beginning that the focus was not on the crown so the crown will most likely look like it looked in the before picture

1 hour ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

surgeons dont like to show the crown because with norwood 5/6 it will always remain a bit sparse. what you almost never see is the head from above and slightly behind because from that angle the crown looks the most less dense i think

the-back-of-a-boys-head-with-curled-hair

buuuut in that particular case its stated right from the beginning that the focus was not on the crown so the crown will most likely look like it looked in the before picture

I agree that crown wasn't covered so they didn't show it in post op but in pre-op they used it to show the complete bald area (to probably show the planning and degree of baldness agreed). But If they posted one pic from same angle in post-op we wouldn't have complained about crown but would have got an idea of how much the meds worked for him in that area if he took any because they wrote that " phase two of his restoration, which will consist of adding density and further reinforcing the hairline". So it means they are kind of leaving the crown to meds and focussing on good density for front to mid-scalp.

This is a good plan for a grade 6 so i just wanted to see how it looks from all angles. Also the midscalp can be seen better as here the side hair and the frontal hair combed back is kind of hiding the mid-scalp.

Arocha has an area of his Clinic dedicated to photography. He has the ability to use a high end camera. For all of my before and after pics, he used an iPhone. Doesn’t bother me since I am chronicling my own experience but he is doing himself a disservice. I don’t think it is intentional to hide or obscure results, its just easier for him to whip out his phone. Should probably put more effort in this area. 

Edited by DontWait
  • Like 1

On 4/6/2023 at 10:19 PM, mrmane85 said:

Are there any post op photos which reflect the same angle as this picture:

Before2500FUE-2withplan.thumb.jpg.0b1adc4c5ab9909c4fb2873eee67784e.jpg.70025f1d491de89bd5573e500abaeecc.jpg

MrMane, 

Dr. Arocha is a much better hair transplant surgeon than a photographer. We do have this matching "after" view, which @duckling attached in his reply to you. As another user pointed out, Dr. Arocha does have an in-office photo studio dedicated to his patients - in some instances, he does use an iPhone to document before and after images. In this case, portrait mode was used - but not in a deliberate attempt to "obscure results." In fact, our clinic goes out of the way to *not* alter images beyond cropping/protecting PHI so you get the real deal. 

I saw another question about whether or not the crown was worked on. Dr. Arocha did not touch the crown during this particular procedure. This patient is also not currently on a medical regimen. 

On a happy note, when this patient comes back in for his second procedure, which is scheduled for the near future, I will ask that Dr. Arocha take his pre-operative photos with his Nikon camera instead of the iPhone and am happy to come back to provide an update with the Nikon images.  

After 2500 FUE - 2.jpg

On 4/9/2023 at 11:41 AM, jwolfe890 said:

blurry pics are definitely being used to obscure the final result

Hi there, jwolfe, 

We are definitely not trying to obscure the final result in any way. If you look at our post history, our clinic does not alter the images beyond cropping - or concealing a patient's PHI. In this case, Dr. Arocha did use an iPhone to capture the after result .... in portrait mode. So, when this patient comes in for his next surgery, I've asked doc to take his pre-operative images using the Nikon. But, this is not an intentional attempt to conceal - or hide behind - any of the "after" images whatsoever. 

• Like 1

fair enough.. I like that the queries were cleared and maybe portrait mode was used as an accident.

we will wait for the nikon photos. That should clear up everything. 

Currently i can just say that with 2500 grafts definitely some scalp coverage has been given considering the norwood grade but want non blurry photos to conclude if it looks natural.

40 minutes ago, duckling said:

fair enough.. I like that the queries were cleared and maybe portrait mode was used as an accident.

we will wait for the nikon photos. That should clear up everything. 

Currently i can just say that with 2500 grafts definitely some scalp coverage has been given considering the norwood grade but want non blurry photos to conclude if it looks natural.

Thanks for understanding! And, I'll be sure to provide the refreshed images when we have them. Appreciate you taking the time to view this particular case and provide feedback. 

15 hours ago, ArochaAngel4247 said:

MrMane, 

Dr. Arocha is a much better hair transplant surgeon than a photographer. We do have this matching "after" view, which @duckling attached in his reply to you. As another user pointed out, Dr. Arocha does have an in-office photo studio dedicated to his patients - in some instances, he does use an iPhone to document before and after images. In this case, portrait mode was used - but not in a deliberate attempt to "obscure results." In fact, our clinic goes out of the way to *not* alter images beyond cropping/protecting PHI so you get the real deal. 

I saw another question about whether or not the crown was worked on. Dr. Arocha did not touch the crown during this particular procedure. This patient is also not currently on a medical regimen. 

On a happy note, when this patient comes back in for his second procedure, which is scheduled for the near future, I will ask that Dr. Arocha take his pre-operative photos with his Nikon camera instead of the iPhone and am happy to come back to provide an update with the Nikon images.  

After 2500 FUE - 2.jpg

The two pictures are clearly not of the same angles. 

One is taken from the front angle and the other from the top. 

image.png.0cee9567b1b1dbb3e51110e4624d1f87.png

image.png.ee87423d000b567ef1609c33681860c9.png

Are there also any post op pics so we can see the graft placement? 

Thanks 

Edited by mrmane85

• 3 weeks later...