White Cliffs Hair Studio UK

mickey79

Hey Mickey,

I have never heard of them, which isn't a good thing. If a clinic was any good they would be well known by members on this site.

Guys from the UK come onto to this forum on a regular basis looking for a good clinic here. The answer is almost always the same and one I agree with, "visit the Farjos' in Manchester, who are the only clinic in the UK worth considering, failing that travel abroad". There are a few excellent clinics in Belguim if you want to stay close to home.

Spend a lot of time on this site researching and getting peoples' opinions before moving forward.

Originally posted by mickey79:

Hello I am considering White Cliffs Hair Studio and I would like to know if any of you have heard of them or used them? If so what have you heard and how was your experience?

They're a hair replacement company... i.e. wigs not transplants. I think as far as they go they have an O.K. reputation but are well over priced in my opinion.

Blond.

-----------------------------

PhD (Experimental and Clinical medicine)

1.25mg Finasteride

Minoxidil 5% (EOD)

Nizoral 1% (x3/week)

Oh I forgot to mention, they do hair loss therapies like many of the other well known hair replacement studios (like advanced hair studios). Keep clear from those type of treatments as they do not work and cost a lot of money.

Regards

Blond.

-----------------------------

PhD (Experimental and Clinical medicine)

1.25mg Finasteride

Minoxidil 5% (EOD)

Nizoral 1% (x3/week)

Mickey

Steer clear...well...that's my opinion. Worst decision I ever made in my life....still paying for it but not just financially.

I was thinning on the crown, done a bit of research (didnt have the balls to get a HT) so popped into White Cliffs in London Bridge. It's a wig...end of...only a lot harder i'd assume to manage than a wig!!

They suggest a step/phase programme in 3 stages, you get a real hair system, or so they say it is in your consultation, then essentially you get a system made out of horse hair!! which they cut a patch out of to fit over your balding/receeding spot.

It's then glued on and cut/feathered in to blend in with your real hair.

That's when the problems begin. Within a day you've developed a new sense of anxiety for fear that a mate or colleague will accidentally pat/hit your head and they'll feel the patch....believe me...they'll know you got a patch stuck on your head. If you're single with no caring/loving wife/girlfriend and are chasing totty all the time...forget it, coz you wont let them near your hair for fear of them feeling the system...it just don't work.

Then try washing it...you don't expect REAL hair to solidify on contact with shampoo (their shampoo by the way) and entirely knot up!! You then spend an hour trying to de-knot it which only results in your almost pulling the patch of your head and ripping your skin underneath!

Then...give it about 10 days and the patch starts lifting off your head as the glue starts wearing off on the edges of the patch...you start getting worried incase a big gust of wind will blow it onto some nice looking bird standing next to you on the platform!

The glue then makes you itch...so you itch, it then flakes giving your hair and shoulders a great new yellowey dandruff look.

Then of course it's the 2 weekly visits to the studio to get it repaired. Absolute nightmare.

I only plucked up the courage to do away with it 3 months ago...which was really hard because once you start it, your trapped. You cannot take it off as you'll have a bald patch underneath with red blotch marks and skin abrasions from the reaction of the glue on your scalp, the only way out of it is to go kojak style so the area blends in with the rest of your head.

When i plucked up the courage to take it off (I'll never forget that night for a brave few years!!) I shaved it off then shaved the rest of what was my long natural hair off, when I looked in the mirror I shat myself! The closest shave I could get without using a razor just wouldnt blend in with how that poxy system had left what was just originally a thinning area...and it still doesnt. The hair just wont grow back, and that really pi**es me off!!

So although my hairs shaved off now, and I must admit I feel fantastic, no more anxiety of it falling off, or itching etc, I'm still left with a bald monk's patch in comparison to the rest of my hair when I shave it.

Apologies for going into so much detail...but you can obviously tell that this system didnt answer my problems, it made them a million times worse...and it cost a hell of a lot of money.

I'm considering a HT now (hence signing upto this forum)....I like the bald look, but I'd like to be able to choose between hair or no hair, hence a potential hair transplant.

Best of luck whichever way you go.

PS - If you gym it...forget White Cliffs systems...sweating makes the system come off in days, not weeks, you may as well rent out the apartment immediatley above the studio coz you'll find you'll end up spending a lot of time there...at a lot of expense.

Hey G-man,

First of all welcome to our forum! If you are planning a transplant, there really is no better place to be (in my opinion).

There is no need to apologise for the long post, it was a really interesting read and I'm certain it well help many readers, not just Mikey.

I'm glad you're now in a better position and feeling better with yourself.

Hi Maxxy

Cheers for the welcome.

Been looking at Dr Feller, seems he's the bees knees, problem is getting to New York in the next week or so....and I'd hazard a guess that the legend is booked solid for the next year or so!!

I was looking to get it done over the xmas break, though I have 2 reservations:

1. the reddening from the transplanting that is quite obvious immediatley after the transplant....I'm wondering how soon that will take to go down as I run my own company and I'd take dogs abuse from the staff ha ha ha!!

2. Met a guy a while back who had a very unsuccessful HT some years back, I know it's moved on considerably the past 5 or so years, however his head is a right state!!

I'd appreciate some advice please.

PS - Was looking at Dr Farjo.....or is there anyone with a higher recommendation in London than Dr Fargo i should consider? Much appreciated.

Hey G-man,

Sorry for the delay in replying, I've been down with flu.

Spex is really the man you need to speak to in regards to Dr. Feller and the possibilty of having work done by him, though I think 2 weeks would be pushing it.

Any redness will really depend on your personal situation, mine lasted for months though I could conceal it with my native hair - is this a possibility with you? There are also products such as DermMatch and Nanogen which could help conceal the signs of the procedure. Failing all that, you could make some excuses... perhaps bring up in conversation that you want to see a dermatologist as you have been suffering with an itchy, flakey scalp. When you return to work, if anyone notices the redness you could put it down to the medication/treatments that the dermatologist is using.

I'm not sure which doctor treated the guy that you met, however, all of the surgeons/clinics on this site have been prescreened and in the majority of cases produce excellent results. You can find a list of these surgeons/clinics -here-

I agree with Sparky - in the UK, I'd personally only consider the Farjos'. If you wish to stay close to home, as Sparky said there is a few excellent clinics in Belguim.