Irish Members

james1984

Hi guys. James here. I just found this forum and have so many questions to ask. Im 25 now and my hair has been receeding since I was 20! I tried the whole hair system thing and although it was good I really want something that will give me a permanent result. I am very interested in having a hair transplant and seem to find the strip procedure the best option. Do any of you Irish members know of Dr Maurice Collins? I saw him on Ireland's Late Late Show with some of his patients and he seems to know what he's talking about. Have any of you been to him for procedures? I'd be really grateful of help. Thanks again. James

Hi guys. James here. I just found this forum and have so many questions to ask. Im 25 now and my hair has been receeding since I was 20! I tried the whole hair system thing and although it was good I really want something that will give me a permanent result. I am very interested in having a hair transplant and seem to find the strip procedure the best option. Do any of you Irish members know of Dr Maurice Collins? I saw him on Ireland's Late Late Show with some of his patients and he seems to know what he's talking about. Have any of you been to him for procedures? I'd be really grateful of help. Thanks again. James

Hi James, I considered getting my work done locally but when I did my research I opted to go to the only guy in my opinion I could trust that didn't involve a transatlantic flight Bessam Farjo. However if you are willing to go that bit further check out Ferundi in Belgium, or for that wee bit extra travel to Canada or the USA and check out Feller, Hasson and Wong, Shapiro, Rahal. Spex is a good guy on this forum for advice.

I am very pleased with my decision not to get it done here, Farjo is an hour by plane away and Micks patient care is excellent. Theres a book written called 'Diary of a Hair Transplant': A Journalist's search for David Cassidy Hair. This is written by a Farjo patient and sets out in detail his experience.

You need any more info just ask.

Go raibh maith agat.

Hey James

I wouldnt be so quick to write off Dr. Collins on the basis of price. He is expensive but he is one of the best. He wouldn't get away with working in the Blackrock clinic and charging the sort of prices that he charges if he wasn't up to a high enough standard. There is no hard sell with this guy and I really have not met a more ethical surgeon.

I have also met with Dr. Farjo and his PA Mick and could not fault them. If you don't intend travelling to the states I think you should consult with both and go with who you are most comfortable with.

Thanks for your advice Irishlad31. Yeah I would like to stay in Ireland if I decide to go ahead with the procedure. Dr Collins just seemed like a very genuine person on the late late show and I'd be very confident with him performing the procedure for me. Nonetheless I'll still research other avenues. Thanks for the advice again. James

• 2 years later...

Dr Collins cannot warrant charging the prices he does.

For him to warrant this, he would have to be superior to the rest of the competition there is elsewhere.

And the answer is...he is not even in the same league as several others.

You can see better surgeons than him in Belgium, USA and Canada for cheaper.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

I'll tell you why he charges so much: 2 things. Firstly they sunk a lot of money into Sampson house which is an incredible facility in a weathly area, I'll give them that. Secondly the team seems to be pretty big at HRBR since there's 3 senior guys there. I think they probably charged the prices to recoup funds and manage overheads plus they're the only half decent operation in the country so they probably fell like they can extort twice as much money than is standard.

i think they say on there website that they have 14 staff during the procedure. this seems totally over the top .

the fact is in my opinion without wanting to sound sensational they are ripping you off!!!!

i could understand if they were on a different planet when comes to results but this is not the case i dont know how they can justify the fee and why people keep paying the money keeping them in business