Dr. Sethi vs Dr. Bansai

@Rafael Manelli@NegativeNorwood Wow, impressed how aggtressive the hairline they drew is. I also sent wet pics so they got an even better idea of loss, and pointed out I'd like some temple work. If they can pull this hairline off well/dense, well gahdang.

IMG-20230228-WA0009.jpg

IMG-20230228-WA0010.jpg

6 minutes ago, ready4Hair said:

@Rafael Manelli@NegativeNorwood Wow, impressed how aggtressive the hairline they drew is. I also sent wet pics so they got an even better idea of loss, and pointed out I'd like some temple work. If they can pull this hairline off well/dense, well gahdang.

IMG-20230228-WA0009.jpg

IMG-20230228-WA0010.jpg

Eugenix drew that?

looks really wonky in the first pic, but I suppose it’s just a mock-up.

that’s very aggressive, which is a good sign they tbjnm you’re a strong candidate.

I’d go for it, and do temple points as well. You could get a phenomenal result. Gahdang indeed

Edited by Rafael Manelli
  • Like 1

@Rafael Manelli Yes, just from pics on WhatsApp, not an in-person planning session.  I think yeah with temple points mirroring nose that would be astonishing. I'm hoping in fact the 'wonky' or irregular nature of the line is because they in fact do irregular lines (versus the straight-edge razor ones). Assuming two the hairline would be more level.

I'll try to post wet, you can see I get some good illusion of 'fulness' with fairly sparse hair so that is promising to me. And the back is like a mane when I let it go and that's where they pull from so...

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ready4Hair said:

IMG-20230228-WA0009.jpg

IMG-20230228-WA0010.jpg

9 hours ago, ready4Hair said:

@Rafael Manelli Yes, just from pics on WhatsApp, not an in-person planning session.  I think yeah with temple points mirroring nose that would be astonishing. I'm hoping in fact the 'wonky' or irregular nature of the line is because they in fact do irregular lines (versus the straight-edge razor ones). Assuming two the hairline would be more level.

I'll try to post wet, you can see I get some good illusion of 'fulness' with fairly sparse hair so that is promising to me. And the back is like a mane when I let it go and that's where they pull from so...

I agree with you, the temple points are essential and would look stunning with the new hairline. 

Also agree with @Rafael Manelli, I made a quick mock up with a hairline with temples on the front that is a little bit more symmetric. It should have more irregularities like the one they drew but the drawing is just for illustration purposes. Also is the first time I've drew temples from the front btw, so take it more as an idea to see how they frame your forehead.

image(27).jpg.48d3d7a285b76c3f8e6a651c6630d5d1.jpg

image(29).thumb.jpg.3b4a6a67794906c4d01a3c454241495e.jpg

I would say go for it, hairline + temples would look great on you and you are in a great position, because you already have lots of hair at your age, which is unusual.

Best luck!

• Like 1

"Mature hairline" is euphemism for balding.

• Valued Contributor

Best of luck..your result will be great with such a good donor and your baldness scale at ths age...all the young guys over here and around you would envy u after your transplant ..😅

Hairline +Temples you should go with...

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

3 hours ago, NegativeNorwood said:

I agree with you, the temple points are essential and would look stunning with the new hairline. 

Also agree with @Rafael Manelli, I made a quick mock up with a hairline with temples on the front that is a little bit more symmetric. It should have more irregularities like the one they drew but the drawing is just for illustration purposes. Also is the first time I've drew temples from the front btw, so take it more as an idea to see how they frame your forehead.

image(27).jpg.48d3d7a285b76c3f8e6a651c6630d5d1.jpg

I would say go for it, hairline + temples would look great on you and you are in a great position, because you already have lots of hair at your age, which is unusual.

Best luck!

This would be great

• Like 1

• Administrators

I think you should raise the hairline a bit up. Looks like you have thinning in the crown as well. Better to get coverage with density, then a low hairline but still be bald in other areas. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 hours ago, Rafael Manelli said:

This would be great

Yeah this would rock thank you. I'm just wondering if after seeing my wet hair they still think this aggressive is possible. I'm guessing with crown, temples they are coming back with north of 4,000 grafts.

@Rafael Manelli Thanks ;), funny enough in my 20s/30s everyone said I looked like RDJ so go figure. I also toned out the 'wrinkles' since I'd scrunched for the photo.

Here is side mock-up based on @NegativeNorwood temple mock-up. Front was encouraging, if side is even 1/2 that then ... wow :)

touchup2.png

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ready4Hair said:

@Rafael Manelli Thanks ;), funny enough in my 20s/30s everyone said I looked like RDJ so go figure. I also toned out the 'wrinkles' since I'd scrunched for the photo.

Here is side mock-up based on @NegativeNorwood temple mock-up. Front was encouraging, if side is even 1/2 that then ... wow :)

touchup2.png

Perfect. Amazing what difference just a few hundred grafts in the temple points can make.

It would be easier to say if your temple hair was brushed back in the picture.

But yes it looks realistic for only a few hundred grafts. You'd save more grafts if you opted for straight or concave lines instead of the convex ones you've mocked up. But either is reasonable given your current level of loss, age and donor I reckon. 

1 hour ago, ready4Hair said:

touchup2.png

georgeclooney1.jpg.13e4e4b5f34d28db802090cd8baa2ed0.jpg

georgeclooney.jpg.37079f24330627de487b923791d11112.jpg

I think it is realistic considering your age and the amount of hair you have. That and dyeing your hair to it's original color and you'll easily look 15 years younger. And even if you don't dye it, you would have George Clooney style hair and will look great regardless.

Best luck man, I think you are on the right track.

"Mature hairline" is euphemism for balding.

Well, got my answer back. Remember first assessment for just the front with the new hairline they recommended based on dry pics was 2700 grafts. New assessment with wet hair shots, request for top/crown as well and temple points is 4800.  

Which makes total sense given the addition of the crown/temple, the reassessment from NW III to IIIV and my mock-ups which make me look like a Boy Band member :)

What concerns me is they are discussing proposed harvest of 1300 from beard which I really don't want to do. Don't know much about it but the back is luxuious/full and not so in to beard harvesting. I guess for temples?

Certainly getting up there in cost for a transplant in India but still 50% more for Hasson or Vorhies.

No reply from Feriduni yet.

Asked Eugenix if a) we can do w/o beard and b) if in fact the mock-ups were realistic with 4800. I've seen stellar results iwth NW6 and NW7 with that many grafts...