2,000 Grafts due 3rd March 2023. Full results will be posted. Looking for Advice

Baal123

Hi All

I recently discovered this forum and have been very impressed with the advice everyone gives and many of the results. 

I have chosen a UK doctor as I am unable to travel.  My FUE/DHI Transplant is due on 3rd March 2023.

Would love everyone’s advice on my situation.  I will be posting full details of my procedure and results on this thread which will hopefully help others just as I’ve found results threads very helpful. 

My Situation & History 

Medication: 1mg Finasteride Daily started 26.11.2022.  1 Biotin tablet daily 

History: I started losing my hair at age 19 and quickly progressed to very noticeable crown thinning. My hairline stayed in tact but I had diffuse thinning throughout. 

Previous Surgery: I had a strip transplant of 2,500 grafts at the age of 26 in Athens Greece by DHI Global. At that point I thought it was a complete failure as my native hairs fell out as the new ones were growing in. They transplanted through my head and not only on 1 specific area.  I was still actively losing hair and I had not stabilised it with meds.  The clinic failed to advise me of such and just kept promising amazing hair. Now that my hair loss is stabilised I’m left with mainly transplanted hair but also some native. I’d say I’m a NW5/6 pattern. 

Upcoming Transplant: After having 4 consultations at UK clinics, each of them advised I only have approx 2,000 grafts from my scalp without over harvesting. After 1 year the plan would be to add beard hair to head and some scalp donor if any is left to add some density.  

In the end I chose Dr Epameinondas Bonaros in Glasgow UK.  He was the most precise and professional in consultation and had some impressive results in forums.  I have to travel out of my city I live in but I’m ok travelling within the UK. 

Turkey Transplant:  I was so tempted to go to Turkey.  Not so much due to cost but more so due to their online consultations advising I could go for 3,500 to 4,500 grafts in 1 sitting including the beard to scalp at the same time.  However after analysing I decided it’s best not to risk a transplant where my donor area is ruined and the risk of an unknown technicians.  This, coupled with my reluctance to travel out of the UK led me to stay with Dr Bonaros.  

My Expectations:  I have a bald crown.  This has always been my biggest bug bearer.  Most likely because it is where I had my loss in my younger days when baldness affects you the most.  I’m simply looking for coverage in the crown area to match my surrounding hairs and to fix the wonky hairline.  Then it’s a bonus for me to add density with a further transplant. 

I had Trico last year which you may notice in pictures but it’s the temporary one and done very subtly.  

i plan to keep my hair short with a less is more attitude.  If my transplant turns out to give me good coverage I’d grow it out. 

Questions:  Input and advice on my plan and situation would be greatly appreciated. 

F21F6444-03C2-4D54-94A4-80C17F0FFD48.jpeg

7139E12B-95F5-4CB4-A089-B57CF223A15B.png

F1F4A69A-AB6A-4D46-8A18-7BED5B155F84.jpeg

F2A0F969-CF75-4A60-A14C-8ADE26DAA127.jpeg

D225458B-3C10-47EE-A2FF-5E53CB6F45C7.jpeg

AAAE564E-E537-4528-A442-E19202351566.jpeg

6C203EFB-6ADC-483E-B68B-1472EC86E762.jpeg

Edited by Baal123

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, Baal123 said:

Hi All

I recently discovered this forum and have been very impressed with the advice everyone gives and many of the results. 

I have chosen a UK doctor as I am unable to travel.  My FUE/DHI Transplant is due on 3rd March 2023.

Would love everyone’s advice on my situation.  I will be posting full details of my procedure and results on this thread which will hopefully help others just as I’ve found results threads very helpful. 

My Situation & History 

History: I started losing my hair at age 19 and quickly progressed to very noticeable crown thinning. My hairline stayed in tact but I had diffuse thinning throughout. 

Previous Surgery: I had a strip transplant of 2,500 grafts at the age of 26 in Athens Greece by DHI Global. At that point I thought it was a complete failure as my native hairs fell out as the new ones were growing in. They transplanted through my head and not only on 1 specific area.  I was still actively losing hair and I had not stabilised it with meds.  The clinic failed to advise me of such and just kept promising amazing hair. Now that my hair loss is stabilised I’m left with mainly transplanted hair but also some native. I’d say I’m a NW5/6 pattern. 

Upcoming Transplant: After having 4 consultations at UK clinics, each of them advised I only have approx 2,000 grafts from my scalp without over harvesting. After 1 year the plan would be to add beard hair to head and some scalp donor if any is left to add some density.  

In the end I chose Dr Epameinondas Bonaros in Glasgow UK.  He was the most precise and professional in consultation and had some impressive results in forums.  I have to travel out of my city I live in but I’m ok travelling within the UK. 

Turkey Transplant:  I was so tempted to go to Turkey.  Not so much due to cost but more so due to their online consultations advising I could go for 3,500 to 4,500 grafts in 1 sitting including the beard to scalp at the same time.  However after analysing I decided it’s best not to risk a transplant where my donor area is ruined and the risk of an unknown technicians.  This, coupled with my reluctance to travel out of the UK led me to stay with Dr Bonaros.  

My Expectations:  I have a bald crown.  This has always been my biggest bug bearer.  Most likely because it is where I had my loss in my younger days when baldness affects you the most.  I’m simply looking for coverage in the crown area to match my surrounding hairs and to fix the wonky hairline.  Then it’s a bonus for me to add density with a further transplant. 

I had temporary SMP last year which you may notice in pictures but it’s the temporary one and done very subtly.  

i plan to keep my hair short with a less is more attitude.  If my transplant turns out to give me good coverage I’d grow it out. 

Questions:  Input and advice on my plan and situation would be greatly appreciated. 

I dont knw abt the work of the doctor u mentioned so i cannot comment on him/her bt with just 2000 grafts for hairline and crown is nt enough in my experience ....so plz set ur goals accordingly....wish u all the best ...😊

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

1 hour ago, Archan said:

I dont knw abt the work of the doctor u mentioned so i cannot comment on him/her bt with just 2000 grafts for hairline and crown is nt enough in my experience ....so plz set ur goals accordingly....wish u all the best ...😊

Yes I understand it will not give me strong coverage.  The doctor was very honest about that.  

I will be happy if I get coverage in the crown and the middle line that matches my surrounding hair which is already not very dense anyway.  

With regards to hairline I think I could only get a little more density together with a fix of the hairline design as one side is higher and more receded than the other.  

Thanks for your advice brother 

• Valued Contributor
8 hours ago, Baal123 said:

Yes I understand it will not give me strong coverage.  The doctor was very honest about that.  

I will be happy if I get coverage in the crown and the middle line that matches my surrounding hair which is already not very dense anyway.  

With regards to hairline I think I could only get a little more density together with a fix of the hairline design as one side is higher and more receded than the other.  

Thanks for your advice brother 

U welcome ...yeh i understand what u trying to achieve ....wish u all the best for ur upcoming surgery....happy growing and keep updating ...😊

• Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

On 2/6/2023 at 3:49 AM, Dillpickle123 said:

Can’t travel to Belgium? I would at least go for a consult to bisanga, feriduini and mwamba just to get their opinion 

Unfortunately due to a family situation I’m unable to travel until next year 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/5/2023 at 11:26 PM, Baal123 said:

Hi All

My Situation & History 

I had Trico last year which you may notice in pictures but it’s the temporary one and done very subtly.  

Keep us updating. If you're seeking for an essay checklist online, go to https://writinguniverse.com/essay-checklist/ where you may find a student-friendly version.

Keep us updating :)

On 2/24/2023 at 6:57 AM, VictoriaMartin said:

Keep us updating :)

I actually had the transplant today, 2 days earlier than expected.  

Will update when I get the pics and details from the doc.  Will start a new thread and link it here