HT for under 3000€ if not much work required?

I'm 27 and probably going back to do my Masters so 3k would be my limit for the next few years money wise if I went ahead with a HT.

My hair is pretty directional at the front, so since the corners are going if I grow it out it falls forward and to the side exacerbating my receding hairline.

Looking at my pictures do you think I could get a HT for under 3k, estimated graft count? 

My main question is, does the required graft amount/ Norwood level change the decision if one should risk going to a cheaper place/hair mill?

pic.png

hair.jpg

First things first, you are at a 'dangerous' age for hair loss. Many men's loss triggers at around 27-28 and there's no telling how far it's going to progress.

Have you been losing a lot of hair lately? Or has your hairline been receding 'quietly' let's say? Are you on medication to stop further loss? 

In general it's considered pretty unwise to get a procedure at this point as you are only just beginning to lose your hair (if you are, you may actually have a mature hairline that looks perfectly fine at this point) and you could do more damage or end up requiring a second or third procedure to catch up with any further loss.

I know it's the hardest advice to listen to, but patience and medication are your two friends right now. 

2 hours ago, notabot123 said:

I'm 27 and probably going back to do my Masters so 3k would be my limit for the next few years money wise if I went ahead with a HT.

My hair is pretty directional at the front, so since the corners are going if I grow it out it falls forward and to the side exacerbating my receding hairline.

Looking at my pictures do you think I could get a HT for under 3k, estimated graft count? 

My main question is, does the required graft amount/ Norwood level change the decision if one should risk going to a cheaper place/hair mill?

pic.png

hair.jpg

You should consider taking oral finasteride to stabilise your hair loss. If you do that then you would be able to do a hair transplant to cover the front hairline. 
you would probably need around 2000-2500 grafts to get a good density and match with your native hair.
And yes you could select a  safe hair transplant clinic for up to 3000 € to get a nice result. 

3 hours ago, StillAlive said:

First things first, you are at a 'dangerous' age for hair loss. Many men's loss triggers at around 27-28 and there's no telling how far it's going to progress.

Have you been losing a lot of hair lately? Or has your hairline been receding 'quietly' let's say? Are you on medication to stop further loss? 

In general it's considered pretty unwise to get a procedure at this point as you are only just beginning to lose your hair (if you are, you may actually have a mature hairline that looks perfectly fine at this point) and you could do more damage or end up requiring a second or third procedure to catch up with any further loss.

I know it's the hardest advice to listen to, but patience and medication are your two friends right now. 

I can see what you mean by dangerous age and not wanting to jump the gun if does recede further.

There used to be loads of hairs on my pillow and in nearly a dozen in my hands in the shower but my hair loss has tapered off over the last year and basically stagnated.

I started taking finasteride a couple of weeks ago without any problems. but from my reading it only helps stem hair loss and improve thinning areas in good cases but not really help regrow with recessed areas.

I've had a mature hairline since like 19, but the problem is I have pretty strong "cows lick" on the front sides and in combination with the widows peaks that have increased over years it no longer looks like a mature hairline. No matter how I try to style it the directionality always reveals the widows peaks now, since the hair there is gone.

2 hours ago, Judelaw said:

Given your age and low budget I think you’re currently a poor candidate for a transplant. A couple years of medication and saving will give you a drastically better result imo. 

I started fin a couple weeks ago. What's your idea of a starting price for a HT?

I just wanted to chime in I have a similar hairline and am a similar age (30) in which I am considering a 1-2k graft HT myself. I think 3-4k is doable as long as you don't fall for a cheap hair mill. 

Do you have a family history of male pattern baldness? How's your hairline compare to your family?

Wouldn't do it for 3k. Cause you gotta remember that 3k budget doesn't include flights, meals and miscellaneous other fees

I think 27 28 isn't a bad age to do a hair transplant but a dollar per graft is borderline hair mill territory once you factor in other costs

On 1/27/2023 at 8:52 AM, Judelaw said:

Given your age and low budget I think you’re currently a poor candidate for a transplant. A couple years of medication and saving will give you a drastically better result imo. 

this. OP your first step is to jump on finasteride and stop further hair loss!