I need a little bit of help deciding what clinic fits the best to my criteria.

Hey guys, I've been thinking about a hair transplant for a while now. My Hairline was always kinda that way. I think there is a little bit of recession going on and I was worried about getting bald for ages because of family history, though my uncle (mothers side) has great hair. I have been taking Dutasteride (0,5mg every day) for probably over  1,5 years and Oral Minoxidil (5mg every day) for about 3 months. I am almost 30 and I have reached out to a lot of clinics (Bisanga, feriduni, Mwamba, Pekiner, Freitas...) and I have an appointment with Dr. Mwamba in a few weeks. I am kinda on the fence about lowering my hairline a bit and fill in my temples  and I would like to get a good density going but I am unsure, if that would be wise. I have seen the results of @Fue3361 and I am impressed by them.

How many grafts do you think I would need to fill the receding hairline? Do you think my donor area looks good? What do you think is the best surgeon for the task? My favorites are Dr. Mwamba in Belgium and Dr. Pekiner in Turkey.

Here is a short Video about the Donor area.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

If you want to close in the forehead in terms of width, you're looking at a massive amount of grafts.  I think if that's the plan, you can't really afford to lower the hairline much at all, as you do seem to be receding.

I'm a big fan of Pekiner's hairlines, think you can't go wrong with him.

Check out my journey here:

Hey guys, thanks for the input. Yeah, I have a good feeling about Pekiner. Lets see what Dr. Mwamba says about my hairline and the quality of my hair when I have my appointment with him. He quoted me 1600 Grafts which I find a little bit low when I compare it to Pekiner who quoted me 2500-2800. Anyway, I am very excited, hope everything goes well.

34 minutes ago, blubber said:

Hey guys, thanks for the input. Yeah, I have a good feeling about Pekiner. Lets see what Dr. Mwamba says about my hairline and the quality of my hair when I have my appointment with him. He quoted me 1600 Grafts which I find a little bit low when I compare it to Pekiner who quoted me 2500-2800. Anyway, I am very excited, hope everything goes well.

That's a huge discrepancy.. which one of them did you meet live? I would trust that one.

• Valued Contributor

@blubber i guess around not more thn 2000 grafts would be required ...you chosen good doctors ...you can even consider  rahal , munib ahmad

Edited by Archan

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

• 1 month later...

I just came back from Dr. Pekiner 3 days ago and all i can say is the hype is real. He is on another level. I dont know when i meet such a friendly and sympathetic guy in my life. The details, the time... I wish i would have a family doctor like this. I am glad i choose him. There are people which you afford all the success and money because of the work they put in and Pekiner is one of those. Will open my own thread soon to follow my progress.

I think you need much more then 1600. I had much smaller area to make now and it was 1525.

Edited by vanilia
  • Like 2

On 3/1/2023 at 11:38 PM, Rock92 said:

Which doctor are you going for then?

20 hours ago, vanilia said:

I just came back from Dr. Pekiner 3 days ago and all i can say is the hype is real. He is on another level. I dont know when i meet such a friendly and sympathetic guy in my life. The details, the time... I wish i would have a family doctor like this. I am glad i choose him. There are people which you afford all the success and money because of the work they put in and Pekiner is one of those. Will open my own thread soon to follow my progress.

I think you need much more then 1600. I had much smaller area to make now and it was 1525.

Hey Guys,

I was in Brussels 2-3 weeks ago to see Doctor Mwamba. I thought the consultation was really good. He was very nice and answered all my questions without giving me the feeling that he wanted to end the conversation quickly. First we took some photos and then we drew some hairlines together and talked about the different hairlines. I also asked how aggressive I can really be with the hairline and what he recommends.

So he looked at my donor area and told me my hair density in the donor area, I think 90/100? cm2
He of course looked at the rest of my head and told me that the hair situation looks good, especially because I am taking dutasteride and oral minoxdil and that we can be a bit more aggressive with the hairline. I also wanted the hairline to be a bit denser and I mentioned @Fue3361 case but he said that it also depends on other factors like skin elasticity, blood flow and family history of balding.
He assumes I need about 2000-2400 grafts.

In summary, I was very satisfied, although I had to wait for 30-40 minutes at the beginning, but that was okay for me.

In the end, I decided to go with Doctor Pekiner because I saw a lot of good results from him, especially with the hairline. In the last few weeks alone, here or on reddit, there have been some really good testimonials. I'm going to see him in October and then I might start a thread myself, we'll see :)

Edited by blubber
  • Like 1

On 1/28/2023 at 9:19 PM, Archan said:

@blubber i guess around not more thn 2000 grafts would be required ...you chosen good doctors ...you can even consider  rahal , munib ahmad

Doctor Ahmad looks really promising, for sure. Though I think he is a little bit out of my budget. 

• Valued Contributor
4 hours ago, blubber said:

Doctor Ahmad looks really promising, for sure. Though I think he is a little bit out of my budget. 

I guess there won't be much difference in pricing between Mawamba and ahmad ..still you may consult both and see what they quote you...

--> My Thread

10 hours ago, vanilia said:

5 hours ago, blubber said:

Hey Guys,

I was in Brussels 2-3 weeks ago to see Doctor Mwamba. I thought the consultation was really good. He was very nice and answered all my questions without giving me the feeling that he wanted to end the conversation quickly. First we took some photos and then we drew some hairlines together and talked about the different hairlines. I also asked how aggressive I can really be with the hairline and what he recommends.

So he looked at my donor area and told me my hair density in the donor area, I think 90/100? cm2
He of course looked at the rest of my head and told me that the hair situation looks good, especially because I am taking dutasteride and oral minoxdil and that we can be a bit more aggressive with the hairline. I also wanted the hairline to be a bit denser and I mentioned @Fue3361 case but he said that it also depends on other factors like skin elasticity, blood flow and family history of balding.
He assumes I need about 2000-2400 grafts.

In summary, I was very satisfied, although I had to wait for 30-40 minutes at the beginning, but that was okay for me.

In the end, I decided to go with Doctor Pekiner because I saw a lot of good results from him, especially with the hairline. In the last few weeks alone, here or on reddit, there have been some really good testimonials. I'm going to see him in October and then I might start a thread myself, we'll see :)

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Everyone talks wonders about Pekiner, but I couldn't find proper after pictures of his hairlines. I've seen very detailed pre-op pictures, but not 12 month afters uploaded by the clinic, they are always uploaded by their patients (and of course, the pictures taken with a phone, not with a proper camera).

Do you have some some proper after pictures of his work to see them (or did he showed you some)?

I find very strange that such a well reputed doctor doesn't have proper after pics uploaded...I've tried searching by Neohead clinic and by Pekiner, but truly couldn't find anything solid, only low quality phone pictures taken by patients, which are pretty useless to judge the hairline work properly.

Not trying to be an @ss, just interested to see how good his work is and quite confused to see such a good reputation without high resolution pictures of his work to back it up.

• Like 1

"Mature hairline" is euphemism for balding.

29 minutes ago, Archan said:

I guess there won't be much difference in pricing between Mawamba and ahmad ..still you may consult both and see what they quote you...

I thought Ahmad takes like 6€ for a graft? And his consultation alone costs like 250€ I think.

Mwamba takes 100€ for a consultation and 3,5€ for a graft.

8 minutes ago, NegativeNorwood said:

Everyone talks wonders about Pekiner, but I couldn't find proper after pictures of his hairlines. I've seen very detailed pre-op pictures, but not 12 month afters uploaded by the clinic, they are always uploaded by their patients (and of course, the pictures taken with a phone, not with a proper camera).

Do you have some some proper after pictures of his work to see them (or did he showed you some)?

I find very strange that such a well reputed doctor doesn't have proper after pics uploaded...I've tried searching by Neohead clinic and by Pekiner, but truly couldn't find anything solid, only low quality phone pictures taken by patients, which are pretty useless to judge the hairline work properly.

Not trying to be an @ss, just interested to see how good his work is and quite confused to see such a good reputation without high resolution pictures of his work to back it up.

To be honest, I don’t. Just thought the posts on Reddit and here are proof enough, at least for me. Tho I can understand your argument.

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
1 minute ago, blubber said:

I thought Ahmad takes like 6€ for a graft? And his consultation alone costs like 250€ I think.

Mwamba takes 100€ for a consultation and 3,5€ for a graft.

I dnt think he charge for a consultation ...i mean online consultation ...i had a consultation with him before a month or so and he didnt charge me...am still im touch with him since thn...he always reply to me even though am not booked with him...actually am just super impressed by his work and how he shows and demonstrate his results ..and he dont charge per graft..he charges per surgery and all the steps of surgery is done totally by him...

I thought Mawamba charges around 5 euros..

--> My Thread

1 minute ago, NegativeNorwood said:

I dont know about you, but i find pictures posted by patients much more representitive then pictures posted by clinic. He said himself for example instagram pics by clinics are useless. He can make every transplant there look good or bad if he wants.

You can find some results by patients on reddit, here offcourse and he is very representitive on italian forum:

https://bellicapelliforum.com/en/portfolio-articoli/dr-kaan-pekiner-3001-grafts-fue-dense-pack/
https://bellicapelli.forumfree.it/?f=64941837

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Archan said:

I dnt think he charge for a consultation ...i mean online consultation ...i had a consultation with him before a month or so and he didnt charge me...am still im touch with him since thn...he always reply to me even though am not booked with him...actually am just super impressed by his work and how he shows and demonstrate his results ..and he dont charge per graft..he charges per surgery and all the steps of surgery is done totally by him...

I thought Mawamba charges around 5 euros..

Well, the more you know :D 

Maybe I should have asked for a consultation afterall. Anyway, what is done is done I guess. Still happy with Pekiner but doing the surgery in the Netherlands would  be less stressful, it’s like a 2 hour drive from where I live.

• Valued Contributor
2 minutes ago, blubber said:

Well, the more you know :D 

Maybe I should have asked for a consultation afterall. Anyway, what is done is done I guess. Still happy with Pekiner but doing the surgery in the Netherlands would  be less stressful, it’s like a 2 hour drive from where I live.

So you are already booked with pekiner ?

--> My Thread

• Valued Contributor
36 minutes ago, blubber said:

I am. As I mentioned earlier.Will go in October 

Great....best of luck..and he is an excellent doctor ...can you please tell me whr he puts his results ..cant find his website since long...if you cn thn pm me..

--> My Thread