Dr. Bisanga + Dr. Kostis - BHR Clinic - Fine Hair - 2800 Grafts - 0 - 13 Months

The patient reached out to the clinic and explained that he wanted to address his recession and thinning in his frontal third in this surgery. The patient presented fine hair and a lot of single and two haired grafts in his donor as is common for this hair type.

The patient was not on medication but advised to begin post-surgery and has been on oral minoxidil since.

The patient is very happy with the change this hair transplant has made and said it is beyond his expectations and thus happy to share it. A big thank you to him for documenting this from healing through to the 13 months.

FU/HAIR BREAKDOWN
1s - 421/421
2s - 1295/2590
3s - 1025/3075
4s - 59/177 

TOTAL 2800/Average 2.2

VIDEO:- 

PRE-SURGERY

f5cZLPv.jpg

yyRZ5XT.jpg

EBOEkK1.jpg

tFO9Fyd.jpg

vNUrYSX.jpg

ko0bbI4.jpg

IjUEL3y.jpg

POST-SURGERY

ME50vNL.jpg

EGutLqi.jpg

VvwyCjt.jpg

KXX5ooE.jpg

42Cnq83.jpg

10 DAYS

0jyj8Gd.jpg

dpfXnbe.jpg

Scs40Z7.jpg

OFytNLB.jpg

8 WEEKS

5t221V0.jpg

h3zxStR.jpg

rM89C8W.jpg

svSbaeI.jpg

qdrUzrC.jpg

wXFN0gQ.jpg

3 MONTHS

iwYARuH.jpg

ApkzI9f.jpg

ItQ0p83.jpg

1BkMZJ8.jpg

JIqg9R2.jpg

EdrhpoW.jpg

6 MONTHS

JaC3YZH.jpg

xQRlIf0.jpg

z99Saxe.jpg

gX95FkF.jpg

13 MONTHS

WgTlcTG.jpg

LYXve6U.jpg

fRNY3WY.jpg

fp3rcdA.jpg

• Like 1

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

• Administrators

He’s on the forum, but I forget his username. Excellent results as always 👏🏼

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

It is not enough to just post results. Age and Medication should be added at the beginning. Unfortunately it is very important this patient commits lifelong to Fin. I hope that this was all explained to him and also the risk of sides appearing down the stretch or efficacy loss.Nothing is guaranteed. WIth Bisanga , that was probably the case but I just do not understand why these videos do not mention

• Like 1
  • Face Palm 1

12 hours ago, Raphael84 said:

The patient was not on medication but advised to begin post-surgery and has been on oral minoxidil since.

Yes always good to have. Not sure if you read the introduction, third line down.... but it says he is on medication ..Oral MINOX . Sharing age is down to the patient wanting us to share more personal information. 

Edited by sl
  • Like 1

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

20 hours ago, sl said:

Yes always good to have. Not sure if you read the introduction, third line down.... but it says he is on medication ..Oral MINOX . Sharing age is down to the patient wanting us to share more personal information. 

I guess that is where I have the issue. It is interesting that Bisanga puts oral Minox now on the same level with Finansteride. But there are no scientific studies who prove teh longterm efficiency with Fin. I hope this was all explained to the patient. 

Edited by Mike10

• Administrators
41 minutes ago, Mike10 said:

I guess that is where I have the issue. It is interesting that Bisanga puts oral Minox now on the same level with Finansteride. But there are no scientific studies who prove teh longterm efficiency with Fin. I hope this was all explained to the patient. 

Why is that an issue? Oral minoxidil is very effective, and Dr. Bisanga himself switched from finasteride to oral minoxidil, he said he saw no difference. As for no scientific studies, that’s not true at all. 

Here’s a study Dr. Vaño did in 2021. I will be speaking to him this year in a podcast. Now whether it’s equal to finasteride is debatable. I think ultimately, using both is the best. But obviously, that is a patient’s personal choice. Minoxidil has been around longer than finasteride, but suddenly the internet claims there’s no long term studies or safety. 

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33639244/

• Like 2
  • Well Done 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Old drug, fairly new for hair loss per se so longterm efficacy as such for that I guess will be harder. 

47 minutes ago, Mike10 said:

But there are no scientific studies who prove teh longterm efficiency with Fin

I guess you mean to say Oral minoxidil not fin?

I won't try to hijack this into an Oral Minox debate and probably it is wider than BHR so maybe start a different thread for that but we have seen positive results as has the forum moderator himself and other clinics. Finasteride also some will lose effectiveness and or come off for family planning or have issues tolerating it or many patients will simply not wish to go onto a DHT blocker. So, minoxidil is an option and the oral version does seem to be very effective.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7759057/

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32622136/

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0190962220321095

https://www.aad.org/dw/dw-insights-and-inquiries/archive/2022/low-dose-oral-minoxidil-alopecia

https://www.inventiva.co.in/trends/is-oral-minoxidil-safe-for-reversing-hair-loss/

Thanks Mel for your input also.

Edited by sl
  • Like 1

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

6 hours ago, sl said:

Old drug, fairly new for hair loss per se so longterm efficacy as such for that I guess will be harder. 

I guess you mean to say Oral minoxidil not fin?

I won't try to hijack this into an Oral Minox debate and probably it is wider than BHR so maybe start a different thread for that but we have seen positive results as has the forum moderator himself and other clinics. Finasteride also some will lose effectiveness and or come off for family planning or have issues tolerating it or many patients will simply not wish to go onto a DHT blocker. So, minoxidil is an option and the oral version does seem to be very effective.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7759057/

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32622136/

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0190962220321095

https://www.aad.org/dw/dw-insights-and-inquiries/archive/2022/low-dose-oral-minoxidil-alopecia

https://www.inventiva.co.in/trends/is-oral-minoxidil-safe-for-reversing-hair-loss/

Thanks Mel for your input also.

Sure I can open a separate thread if you prefer.I am referring to scientific studies which prove long term efficiency for oral minox. Can you point me to a single relevant studie in this regard. The point seesm relevant as topical minox generally loses effect around 3-5 years. Therefore I think a patient like this must be prepared to jump on Fin where necessary. It is important that this all explained  to the patient during consultation to ensure transparency becasue some patients are not prepared to take Fin (and that is why they are normally put on oral  Minox in the first place). 

Respectfully yes, a separate thread rather than on a particular patient case from a particular clinic. Your initial concern was we had not put medical info when we had, it then changed to Oral min being the problem and as I have said this is not a BHR exclusive issue. It is wider than this more so as you are now saying topical min is not effective long term.

5 hours ago, Mike10 said:

The point seesm relevant as topical minox generally loses effect around 3-5 years.

I do think best to have your own thread and be clear on your issues with minoxidil, both oral and topical would be better.

Do you also have concerns whereby the patients are on no meds at all, or very early 20s, or with no donor photos ever shown or with recipient sites that look like they were done with a pitchfork? 

This patient is now 33 as per earlier question.

• Like 1

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

1 hour ago, sl said:

Respectfully yes, a separate thread rather than on a particular patient case from a particular clinic. Your initial concern was we had not put medical info when we had, it then changed to Oral min being the problem and as I have said this is not a BHR exclusive issue. It is wider than this more so as you are now saying topical min is not effective long term.

I do think best to have your own thread and be clear on your issues with minoxidil, both oral and topical would be better.

Do you also have concerns whereby the patients are on no meds at all, or very early 20s, or with no donor photos ever shown or with recipient sites that look like they were done with a pitchfork? 

This patient is now 33 as per earlier question.

Sure, I will proceed with a separate thread. But since you raised a few of questions. 

I can agree that this is a wider issue.  I  consider BHR to be one of the most ethical clinics in a very flawed industry. But even with the most ethical clinics, there is not full disclosure. It is still a business. If you were to fully dislcose, it is true that the patient could have gone to a Dr that would have operated him without any meds. 

I do not like it that you make it seems that these are my personal concerns.The truth is that these are objective concerns. I have personally heared from Top Drs that the topical Minox version generally only works for a few years. My point was that there are no scientific studies to prove the long term efficacy of oral Minox for hair loss and my point stands unrefuted. I picked this case because 33 is young and this patient is likely destinated to a higher NW. I am sure you agree with that. 

Edited by Mike10

Thanks for the comment and I agree education is always important.

Not sure what you mean by full disclosure on this post ...meds were in the top of the presentation from the start,  age has been posted also once permission is given. Graft counts and donor and recipient photos are here and with also a good timeline of growth. 

If the issue is minoxidil then most if not all clinics on here have patients who are solely on this or as said not on any medication at all. There are also doctors who have posted openly they do not prescribe DHT blockers. So, I think it is a complex issue and for me best not to be tagged to one clinic per se.  If you know a clinic on here who has zero patients on minox then feel free to put it in your thread. You may even have commented positively on cases on others whereby they are not on DHT blockers. 

You didn't know this patient was 33 nor that he was on oral min when you first commented with issues, although as said the meds were clearly mentioned. If a patient who is 33 or maybe even more now and on oral minox should not have surgery then really as said I think you could review a lot of cases.

BHR Clinic and in particular Dr.Bisanga and the advisors are known for education and this is from the first email to the consultation that is extremely in depth and with the most advanced equipment. We have a youtube channel dedicated to education so I don't personally understand the questioning of if we educate a patient, when truth is on this forum I don't know many more active clinics with educational posts, videos, interviews and inside the op-room videos and all. Dr.Bisanga is this weekend when not performing surgery often holding workshops or giving presentations as he is as we speak. 

No patient has surgery with BHR Clinic without being thoroughly educated and the irony is on this forum also we have had people say we are too negative and too strict and Bisanga turns down many that others take, so it seems we have gone from one extreme to the other.

I do think it would be helpful for you to do this on your own thread and not here per se. If you have your own personal case and photos and story up then please send it to me as I would be good to see it. 

Edited by sl
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

21 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Why is that an issue? Oral minoxidil is very effective, and Dr. Bisanga himself switched from finasteride to oral minoxidil, he said he saw no difference. As for no scientific studies, that’s not true at all. 

Here’s a study Dr. Vaño did in 2021. I will be speaking to him this year in a podcast. Now whether it’s equal to finasteride is debatable. I think ultimately, using both is the best. But obviously, that is a patient’s personal choice. Minoxidil has been around longer than finasteride, but suddenly the internet claims there’s no long term studies or safety. 

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33639244/

Again my point is that there are no scientific studies which prove long term efficacity of oral Minox for hair loss. My point stands unrefuted. We have data which proved that Finansteride can work for patients long term (over 10 years). We do not have that for oral Minox. So this remains to be seen for oral Minox which is not a DHT blocker. I am just going with the facts

Edited by Mike10

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Administrators
On 2/6/2023 at 3:22 AM, BaldingEye said:

Bisanga is a magician! That new hairline is fabulous. 

WgTlcTG.jpg

It looks fantastic 👌

• Like 1

View my thread