Hair transplants Australia 2023

Steve667

Anyone just had or going to have a hair transplant here in Australia? There appears to be little feed back elsewhere on the web other than this website that clearly has not many nice things to say about the skills down under. If it is so bad here why can’t I find loads of negative feedback?

• Administrators

We don’t have any recommendations in Australia unfortunately. We have some excellent choices in Thailand. Not too far away. 

• Well Done 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

In my opinion, the barrier of travel for a surgery is more mental than practical one, and it's a mistake to opt for a surgeon because they're "closer". If you're looking into a procedure, I implore you to consider location as the last factor to consider. I say that as someone who got a botch job going local.

In the grand scheme of the cost and downtime of a surgery, spending an extra couple of thousand for travel/accomodation with likely equal or lower fees for much better quality work is a no brainer.

Fact is, most hair loss sufferers are clueless about how treatments work and what good hair restoration really is. @Gatsby appears to be very similar with them all in Aussie and none are up to par despite charging such high rates by the world average. He had a mind-blowing transformation with Dr Sethi in India after being butchered many years ago.

I went from New Zealand to Vancouver, Canada to see Dr Jerry Wong . Having gone to a local doctor prior, the experience and quality was night and day and that's no exaggeration. 

At no point did the travel feel like a hassle provided you get your ducks in a row.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor
3 hours ago, Steve667 said:

Anyone just had or going to have a hair transplant here in Australia? There appears to be little feed back elsewhere on the web other than this website that clearly has not many nice things to say about the skills down under. If it is so bad here why can’t I find loads of negative feedback?

Because most people end up living a life of shame and embarrassment from the results from here in Australia. I’ve had consultations with all of the ‘so called’ elite surgeons here in Australia 🇦🇺 And if I were to tell you of what goes on not just in consultations (let alone the history of some of these doctors) you would run the proverbs country mile. You will always see good results because it raises one’s confidence and people as a result feel proud of the naturalness of the work. Learn by my mistakes as a cautionary tale. Don’t even consider surgery with anyone here. Look at the results and the surgeons recommended from the forum. All the best! 

4AEE7828-1C52-46DB-A4F8-52AFDAAD26C1.jpeg

FAF2F823-BAF0-4152-B446-A8BC1A61D796.jpeg

Edited by Gatsby
  • Like 3

On 1/25/2023 at 6:37 PM, Gatsby said:

Because most people end up living a life of shame and embarrassment from the results from here in Australia. I’ve had consultations with all of the ‘so called’ elite surgeons here in Australia 🇦🇺 And if I were to tell you of what goes on not just in consultations (let alone the history of some of these doctors) you would run the proverbs country mile. You will always see good results because it raises one’s confidence and people as a result feel proud of the naturalness of the work. Learn by my mistakes as a cautionary tale. Don’t even consider surgery with anyone here. Look at the results and the surgeons recommended from the forum. All the best! 

Are these pictures of yourself? Or just a random person? If yourself what actually happened? Why can no one ever say who actually did the bad work here? If something is true why can’t names be spoken? How does one get honest feedback when there is just a blanket ban on all Australian hair surgeons? I am not disputing the skills of overseas surgeons but just feel like the evidence is lacking that every surgeon here is garbage.. For me cost is not a barrier. I fully expect to pay more in Australia as we do not work for a bowl of rice per day. Surely bloody surely someone has had a good result done here?

• Valued Contributor
8 hours ago, Steve667 said:

Are these pictures of yourself? Or just a random person? If yourself what actually happened? Why can no one ever say who actually did the bad work here? If something is true why can’t names be spoken? How does one get honest feedback when there is just a blanket ban on all Australian hair surgeons? I am not disputing the skills of overseas surgeons but just feel like the evidence is lacking that every surgeon here is garbage.. For me cost is not a barrier. I fully expect to pay more in Australia as we do not work for a bowl of rice per day. Surely bloody surely someone has had a good result done here?

Those photos are of me. I have posted these pics many times here on the forum. I haven’t been able to find excellent, natural results over the past 38 years? Are you able to share any results from Australia 🇦🇺 that are equal to those of the surgeons listed on this forum? I see bad work everywhere here in Australia in malls, on planes, shopping centers, cinemas, restaurants, crowds, etc. I’ve looked at the work of Australian surgeons and they exist in photo albums that are old and generally contain pictures of patients with less than 3k grafts. They show doubles in the hairline. Keep looking and I would love to discover that Australia has imported a hidden talent. Because the surgeons doing the work here certainly haven’t improved over the many years that I’ve seen. That’s why I am in India 🇮🇳 at Eugenix again for a second time now, three days post op and I will be flying back home to Melbourne tonight. All the best. 

4 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

Those photos are of me. I have posted these pics many times here on the forum. I haven’t been able to find excellent, natural results over the past 38 years? Are you able to share any results from Australia 🇦🇺 that are equal to those of the surgeons listed on this forum? I see bad work everywhere here in Australia in malls, on planes, shopping centers, cinemas, restaurants, crowds, etc. I’ve looked at the work of Australian surgeons and they exist in photo albums that are old and generally contain pictures of patients with less than 3k grafts. They show doubles in the hairline. Keep looking and I would love to discover that Australia has imported a hidden talent. Because the surgeons doing the work here certainly haven’t improved over the many years that I’ve seen. That’s why I am in India 🇮🇳 at Eugenix again for a second time now, three days post op and I will be flying back home to Melbourne tonight. All the best. 

Wow I appreciate your reply’s. Have a safe trip home. I too live in Melbourne 

• Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor

@Steve667 never seen any good and natural result from Australian doctor here or on any other forum...still you wish to explore there thn you can try and compare their results with the results of the doctors recommended here...there are some good doctors in Thailand which is very near to ur country ...even am traveling to thailand for my hair transplant 

• Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

On 1/27/2023 at 6:28 PM, Steve667 said:

Wow I appreciate your reply’s. Have a safe trip home. I too live in Melbourne 

Are you on medication for hair loss? Being in Melbourne you may not have access to the best hair transplant technicians but you do have access to some of the best hair loss medication, this could improve your hair.

Edited by Viney
  • Well Done 1

• Valued Contributor
38 minutes ago, Viney said:

Are you on medication for hair loss? Being in Melbourne you may not have access to the best hair transplant technicians but you do have access to some of the best hair loss medication, this could improve your hair.

This is very true. Thanks to Viney who has put me onto Dr Bevin Bhoyrul who worked under Dr Bisanga and is a brilliant dermatologist. 🙏

11 hours ago, Viney said:

I assume you are referring to Finasteride and Minoxidil. I did take both for five years then stopped due to the side effects. I can’t use topical minoxidil as I instantly break out in a total face and head rash. I have purchased Nanoxidil just yesterday and will try that topical treatment and see if I react to that. 

5 hours ago, Steve667 said:

I assume you are referring to Finasteride and Minoxidil. I did take both for five years then stopped due to the side effects. I can’t use topical minoxidil as I instantly break out in a total face and head rash. I have purchased Nanoxidil just yesterday and will try that topical treatment and see if I react to that. 

Yep that's correct. Sorry to hear you had side effects.

There are other delivery methods and lower dosages you could consider trying if you're up to it. The clinic Gatsby referred to above can tailor your regime until you find something that hopefully works for you. Whether it be topical, oral or sublingual delivery and at a lower dose.

If you don't want to take medication again then that's totally fair. 

Edited by Viney
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/25/2023 at 1:07 PM, Gatsby said:

Thanks, I will keep those things in my mind. I will think about it little later because right now I want to write an essay assignment on the most dangerous game by taking help from https://writinguniverse.com/free-essay-examples/the-most-dangerous-game/ here and when I am done with my work, after that I will think about it.

Thanks, I will keep those things in my mind.

• Like 1