Is it feasible to attend a wedding 40 days or 10 days after HT?

By feasible I mean, would it be possible to have passable hair by shaving down the sides and using fibers on top?

I've spoken with two doctors, one who is available 40 days before the wedding and the other 10. I ask about the 10 because it seems like potentially that would be right before the ugly duckling phase. Or does it seem like both of these are too soon, and it would be better to just postpone the HT for afterwards?

For more background, my donor area is fairly thick and I'm not planning to change my hairline much, more just filling in some diffuse thinning in the scalp.

Thanks for your help, the stories from these forums have been inspiring and I'm looking forward to contributing back with my journey.

Do you have pictures? What is the goal of surgery? You will certainly be in ugly duckling stage still at 40 days out, but the ugly duckling stage varies from person to person depending where they are starting from and the extent of the surgery. 

3 hours ago, ShantuR said:

would be better to just postpone the HT for afterwards?

yes dude. Getting surgery and selecting a surgeon based on convenience and a special event are not the way to do it. You are creating so much needless stress and drama for yourself trying to do it before the wedding. 

Unless you are a badly botched repair patient, I can't imagine your natural balding pattern is embarassing/awkward to the degree that you can't just go to the wedding as your natural self. 

Edited by HappyMan2021

Hey thanks for replying. 

3 hours ago, HappyMan2021 said:

Do you have pictures? What is the goal of surgery?

I don't but can upload in the morning. My current hair definitely isn't that bad, I've just been planning on the surgery for several years because the thinning is severe enough that I always need fibers. This wedding came up more recently, after I was already planning to do the HT.

3 hours ago, HappyMan2021 said:

You are creating so much needless stress and drama for yourself trying to do it before the wedding. 

This is a valid point. I agree with you, though I will say that it's not really me thinking about trying to squeeze in surgery before this event, but rather me considering postponing surgery because of the event. Those may be two sides of the same coin though.